Interest Check: 5e custom Eberron campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

Len

Jan 20, 2021 4:20 am
Thanks for the update fearghas.mackenna!
Jan 20, 2021 6:02 am
fearghas.mackenna says:
Apologies, folks! RealLife(tm) got more complicated during/after the holidays than I'd anticipated.

Here's where things stand:
- campaign on Beyond is set up
- Discord server for keeping easy track of house rules/character creation guidelines/NPC info/initiative tracking/downtime RP/etc. is done
- house rules & chargen info is pretty much settled

What's left before I'd feel comfortable starting the game:
- finalize key NPC stats (mostly done)
- finish GamersPlane game info text (about half-done)
- finish intro GM post (nearly complete)
- write the outline of at least the first full mission - I have a slate of ~70 mission hooks that I've been picking away at, in between RealLife(tm) things

I'm aiming to have all of this done by the end of this coming weekend, if not sooner.

I've also been considering, given the interest so far, of possibly - possibly - starting a second game with a second team. I'd like to see how this concept actually works before committing to that.

Will check in soon!
Thank you for the update. Expect people to take a few days with their character builds as well
Jan 20, 2021 9:03 am
If you were to do a second game, I'd be interested as well
Jan 20, 2021 10:22 am
That's a very thorough prep. I'm impressed 😄
Jan 20, 2021 12:29 pm
Im that much more excited
Jan 20, 2021 12:34 pm
Ooooo.... a prepped DM! :D
Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm
fearghas.mackenna says:
Apologies, folks! RealLife(tm) got more complicated during/after the holidays than I'd anticipated.

Here's where things stand:
- campaign on Beyond is set up
- Discord server for keeping easy track of house rules/character creation guidelines/NPC info/initiative tracking/downtime RP/etc. is done
- house rules & chargen info is pretty much settled

What's left before I'd feel comfortable starting the game:
- finalize key NPC stats (mostly done)
- finish GamersPlane game info text (about half-done)
- finish intro GM post (nearly complete)
- write the outline of at least the first full mission - I have a slate of ~70 mission hooks that I've been picking away at, in between RealLife(tm) things

I'm aiming to have all of this done by the end of this coming weekend, if not sooner.

I've also been considering, given the interest so far, of possibly - possibly - starting a second game with a second team. I'd like to see how this concept actually works before committing to that.

Will check in soon!
Thanks for the thorough update. Godspeed with the RL complications, and it sounds like great setup (70+ radiant quests is impressive).
Jan 20, 2021 11:36 pm
bowlofspinach says:
That's a very thorough prep. I'm impressed 😄
Thanks! You should see how much prep and writing I did for my 'round-the-table Dragon Age game that I put on a couple of years ago... :)
Jan 20, 2021 11:38 pm
Galdr says:
Thanks for the thorough update. Godspeed with the RL complications, and it sounds like great setup (70+ radiant quests is impressive).
Much appreciated! I hope this concept pans out. I've been thinking about putting it on for about a year, and figured it was finally time to pull the trigger...

Not sure how many of those ~70 hooks are actually going to pan out, but I've been putting ideas in a GDoc as they come to me. Some are more fleshed out than others...
Jan 20, 2021 11:39 pm
Sassafras says:
If you were to do a second game, I'd be interested as well
Noted, thanks for your interest!
Jan 20, 2021 11:50 pm
Be prepared but don't over prepare! Burning out before you even start is very bad.
Jan 21, 2021 12:34 am
Same with Sassafras, I'd be interested if you were to create a second game! I've no experience in Eberron, so it'd be cool to try it out!
Jan 21, 2021 12:44 am
annex says:
Be prepared but don't over prepare! Burning out before you even start is very bad.
I appreciate the concern. But honestly, if I'm going to burn out, it'll be from work. TTRPGs is how I relax :)
Jan 21, 2021 12:45 am
aquafina says:
Same with Sassafras, I'd be interested if you were to create a second game! I've no experience in Eberron, so it'd be cool to try it out!
Here's a decent primer on what Eberron is...

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Eberron
Jan 21, 2021 12:58 am
Don't forget the memes! :)
https://www.google.com/search?q=eberron+meme

Len

Jan 21, 2021 1:06 am
If I end up in the party I'd like to play as an artificer. Haven't really explored that class much, but enjoyed playing a reflavored warlock as an artificer before the class was written. The idea of a magic user that casts spells by imbuing them in items is very fun.
Jan 21, 2021 7:07 pm
lenpelletier says:
If I end up in the party I'd like to play as an artificer. Haven't really explored that class much, but enjoyed playing a reflavored warlock as an artificer before the class was written. The idea of a magic user that casts spells by imbuing them in items is very fun.
I'm thinking of what kind of sorcerer I want to play :)
Jan 21, 2021 7:19 pm
Definitely Aberrant Mind Sorcerer for me! Is that you calling, House Tharask?
Jan 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Wow... I was thinking a dragon sorcerer.. but it looks like of them around.
Jan 22, 2021 1:43 am
I might be a cleric of some kind.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.