New systems: Vote here!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 10, 2015 2:04 am
Ah, so you can pick 'em when you go to a different recursion then? (I really need to finish reading through those rules. :-))
Apr 10, 2015 2:07 am
Yeah, you have a base foci, which might be "draggable" ie you can drag it to a new recursion. Alternatively, if your base isnt draggable or if you simply want to, you can pick one of the recursions base foci for while you are there.
Last edited April 10, 2015 2:08 am
Apr 11, 2015 6:29 pm
Call of Cthulhu perhaps?
Apr 11, 2015 10:35 pm
Call of Cthulhu d20 is up already. Are to thinking of a diff version?
Apr 11, 2015 11:10 pm
Call of Cthulhu by Chaosium most likely. It's not a D20 system (and is a lot of fun).
Apr 27, 2015 12:57 pm
Hello,

I'd like to suggest DungeonSlayers and derivates... It is a really easy system to learn (about 8-10 pages core rules) and should be equally easy to implement. The other benefit is that the base rule system is free to play (Creative Commons License) so new players don't have to buy books right away. And you won't run into copyright issues :-)

Regards...
Apr 27, 2015 1:54 pm
Nice suggestion. I see you made a DungeonSlayers game, so I'll add it high on the priority list.
Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm
Thanks :-) I hope to find some players. Can't wait to start.
Apr 30, 2015 10:17 pm
Dungeonslayers is an interesting system which I will wholeheartedly support. For other Rules-lite systems you might be tempted to add later, I can also suggest Deep 7's 1PG system. They also have a more complex system called the XPG, however, I am not as familiar with it than I am with the 1PG system...
May 1, 2015 6:13 pm
Putting in my vote for Dungeon World as well. Awesome, awesome system! :-)
May 3, 2015 4:39 pm
I guess I can also suggest Dungeon Plungin' if you want another rules-lite system which also has the distinction of not requiring a GM. That is right; everyone plays a character! :D
May 12, 2015 2:07 am
I would like to suggest the Dragon Age RPG by Green Ronin publishing. The game is a very simple design, but different from other systems. It's a d6 game as opposed to d20, and the ability scores work kinda differently. I'd love to teach people if the system is supported!
May 12, 2015 8:53 pm
Morrowlife says:
I would like to suggest the Dragon Age RPG by Green Ronin publishing. The game is a very simple design, but different from other systems. It's a d6 game as opposed to d20, and the ability scores work kinda differently. I'd love to teach people if the system is supported!
Green Ronin is publishing the more general AGE system for Wil Wheaton's RPG show. I'm pretty sure its the same mechanics as the Dragon Age RPG, but will cover more areas, including blaster rifles.
Jul 9, 2015 9:33 am
Would you consider adding AD&D (one for 1e and 2e as they are so compatible). I'm just polling my friends to see if we are going to move our game - which started face-to-face and then moved to Skype - to pbf, and Gamers Plane would be my first preference.

I'd be more than happy to help with the character sheets. Would be the fulfillment of all of my failed attempts as a teen to write AD&D character generators in BASIC.

What kind of info do you need to make a new character sheet? I'm no programmer but have dipped into Python and JavaScript, so I have some idea about variable types.
Jul 9, 2015 3:59 pm
Variable types aren't a big issue... its mostly about knowing what a good character sheet looks like and what each section is/does/what data goes into each.

I'd be glad to add any system, specially if someone is looking into moving a game here. I think I'm gonna do Firefly next, as per http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/742/, but I'd be glad to hit AD&D next, which means I'll need to figure out how AD&D works :D
Jul 9, 2015 5:12 pm
Ok sweet. I can definitely provide you with a good character sheet model, and explain what goes in each box. I'll make a start on it soon. Or would you prefer to figure it out for yourself?
Jul 10, 2015 4:28 pm
Here is a clear AD&D 2e character sheet which could also be used with AD&D, as AD&D 2 just has more details. Let me know if you'd like anything explaining. It would be really great if the tables from the PHB could make the "Abilities" boxes complete themselves automagically when people put their attributes in.

In the game I play, which might migrate to here, we have two extra attribtutes: Comeliness (from Unearthed Arcana) and Perception (a house rule, I think), but neither is part of the core AD&D or AD&D 2 games, so we could probably just keep them in notes.
Last edited July 10, 2015 4:30 pm
Jul 10, 2015 10:53 pm
Shakka_Kairn says:
It's a fairly simple game, close to 3.5
It has a certain "early 4th edition prototype" feel to it though. Or is it just me...
Jul 10, 2015 10:55 pm
I've recently gotten into Earthdawn 2nd edition, and it certainly is an interesting system I'd like to see on here. (or just Earthdawn in general.)
Jul 11, 2015 9:45 am
A group of my friends, now in different cities have agreed to move our Fate Accelerated Edition game here. It's great you already have Fate dice, and the character sheet is super simple (like about 10 independent fields).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.