The Funnel

load previous
Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm
As the group passes by the pool, they notice several objects floating in its dark waters. Closer inspection reveals that they are severed heads! Some are relatively fresh and a few can even be recognized as villagers you know. Others have apparently been here a very long time, to judge by the decay.
Jan 21, 2021 6:11 pm
"This can't be real," says Flash to no one in particular,

"This is some trick meant to frighten us."

Grimm snorts in derision,

"Well if that's what it's meant for then it's working."

Fern continues to look around with her keen elven eyes, looking for doorways or places to search for the children.
Jan 22, 2021 12:37 am
OOC:
Man what the heck, I made a big long pist yesterdayand for some reason it's not here. Maybe I didn't hit save...
Sam looks around for some sort of container capable of holding liquid. Is there anything nearby?
Jan 22, 2021 8:12 am
His eyes widening upon seeing the heads floating in the pool, Uni stares at one in particular. "Unkie Flint?" He questions his own sight. Is this truly the floating remains of the town's stonemason?
Last edited January 22, 2021 8:13 am
Jan 22, 2021 8:19 am
"Stay focused!" D'ohcia chides her companions. "We are here to find the children. Then, someone can answer for these atrocities." She points one end of her crowbar towards the decapitated heads bobbing in the pool, as the liquid cascades down from the profane fountain.
Jan 22, 2021 8:23 am
Trey notes the heads and quickly lowers his lantern, so as not to call any greater attention to the heads. "Who or what would do such a terrible thing?" He ponders and slips his dagger from its sheath.
Jan 22, 2021 8:26 am
Hiding behind Treyvane, as they progress into the carnival grounds, Percy peeks around the elven sage's slim form. He closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Wake up Percy. Wake up!" He cries out. "I don't like this nightmare. No. Not one bit."
Jan 22, 2021 2:26 pm
Upon seeing the grisly contents of the pool, like some devils apple bobbing barrell, Umbal the halfling falls to his knees, vomit spewing forth as his guts empty, the remains of his dinner dribbling down his chin as his skin pales. Silas, used to death and gore from catching rats, although not on such a personal scale - these are folks he knew - shakes his head, muttering "No, no no no no"
Jan 22, 2021 6:20 pm
Mose had maybe expected something bad, but not like this. Seeing the young squire, Claes, turn pale white in the moonlight makes the beekeeper put a reassuring hand on the young one’s shoulder. He looks grimly around the mostly terrified towns people and a terrible thought peeks into his mind, "We’re all going to die tonight..."
Jan 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Sawlie Goodguy looks down at the pool of heads. "Ugh, would you look at that... Such a tragedy. These poor people. Is there any elves among these heads, has anyone noticed?" As he approaches the pool of heads he takes his quill and starts stirring arounf the bobbing heads, as if he's looking for elves, whose families he might be able to represent in a class action lawsuit. But as he's sifting around the heads he's also making sure a fair amount of this black, viscous liquid coats his quill.
Last edited January 22, 2021 7:09 pm
Jan 22, 2021 9:54 pm
Lost in their individual thoughts and paying little attention to the statue or its immediate surroundings, Woody & company do not notice the statue's immediate surroundings so take no notice of the floating heads. All four have weapons ready and peer into the gloom before them.
Last edited January 23, 2021 10:48 pm
Jan 23, 2021 8:16 pm
OOC:
There are no containers suitable for liquid within sight.
There are a few elven heads among the lot, and more than one dwarf. Even a halfling or two, but most are far and away human. The group proceeds past the gruesome stew. Walking through the carnival in the misty dark is a challenge: you soon realize you could easily become lost in the sea of tents and alleyways. A massive tent suddenly looms before you, a wooden sign hanging crookedly above its entrance. It depicts children at play in a large box filled with hundreds of colored orbs. Text above the artwork reads "The Wonder pit! Dig for prizes of all different sizes!" Lanterns with colored glass shed light on the entrance and interior, giving the attraction a rainbow hue.
Jan 24, 2021 2:45 am
Grimm steps forward, holding his shovel.

Clearly this one is meant for me.

He walks up to the tent and looks inside...
Last edited January 24, 2021 5:18 am
Jan 24, 2021 4:43 am
OOC:
Huh? What dirt is Grimm digging into? We're standing in front of a large tent with a sign on it saying The Wonder Pit. It's just a large box full of hundreds of colored orbs.
Jan 24, 2021 3:23 pm
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
Huh? What dirt is Grimm digging into? We're standing in front of a large tent with a sign on it saying The Wonder Pit. It's just a large box full of hundreds of colored orbs.
OOC:
I believe it's in reference to the sign, which reads "The Wonder pit! Dig for prizes of all different sizes!"

Last edited January 24, 2021 3:23 pm
Jan 25, 2021 2:16 am
OOC:
yeah I envisioned it as like a carnival attraction where the game is all up front rather than as a big top tent you have to enter.
Jan 25, 2021 5:58 am
OOC:
And I envisioned it just as WK described it.
Jan 25, 2021 10:06 am
Looking at the tent, the crooked sign, the image of all the children......the towns missing children.......Durnald quietly says "I really don’t want to go in there...." the abject fear evident in his quiet, mouselike voice. The others can see he is visibly shaking in panic. Philburt lays a steadying hand on Durnalds shoulder, and calmly whispers to him "Durn, we as been friends since afore we can ‘member. I ain’t abou’ter let anythin happen to yer. To none of yer" he says as he looks around his friends. And with that he hefts his crowbar, and enters the tent.........
Jan 25, 2021 5:09 pm
Rodolf looks incredulous at the people entering the tent, "I’m not sure what’s going on, but I know a trap when I see one, and that-", he points at the sign, "is one". As more of the people enter the tent, he looks at his surroundings to see if he can find an alternative.
OOC:
Is there anything else of note apart from the tent?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.