Q&A on game and news characters

load previous
Feb 2, 2015 2:31 am
Offline Q: Where are the players from?

The GM is from Tampa, FL
Feb 2, 2015 2:39 am
Northern Indiana. Spent most of my day shoveling snow.

This site is blocked from work, so on most weekdays I won't be able to post anything until after 6PM Eastern Time.
Feb 2, 2015 4:30 am
szemely says:
Northern Indiana. Spent most of my day shoveling snow.

This site is blocked from work, so on most weekdays I won't be able to post anything until after 6PM Eastern Time.
really? Kokomo, south bend, ft Wayne?
Feb 2, 2015 11:41 am
Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Feb 2, 2015 8:44 pm
I'm from Alberta, Canada.
Feb 2, 2015 9:33 pm
grandmaster says:
[quote="szemely"]really? Kokomo, south bend, ft Wayne?
Fort Wayne-ish...
Feb 2, 2015 10:14 pm
Qralloq says:
My sister is trying to move there. We love the country, and things here are awful.
Feb 3, 2015 1:18 am
szemely says:
grandmaster says:
[quote="szemely"]really? Kokomo, south bend, ft Wayne?
Fort Wayne-ish...
Lived in Indiana (central) for thirty years
Feb 3, 2015 1:30 am
grandmaster says:
We've been here about twenty or so and it's been pretty good to us. Ever go back to visit?
Feb 3, 2015 7:17 pm
szemely says:
grandmaster says:
We've been here about twenty or so and it's been pretty good to us. Ever go back to visit?
Every year, for GenCon....sometimes more.
Feb 5, 2015 12:07 am
Naranek says:
Qralloq says:
My sister is trying to move there. We love the country, and things here are awful.
Talk about a climate change. :-)
Last edited February 5, 2015 12:08 am
Feb 5, 2015 1:06 am
I'm from Santa Fe New Mexico, I'm still a student.

I have a question for everyone here. What would you all think of a set game time on the weekends (or whenever)? I mean a time where we all set 2 hours or so aside and play as if this was in real time, so we would see posts from each other by the minute instead of by the hour. I realize that we all have obligations, but I think the game would be much more enjoyable if it was (almost) real time, even if only for a bit on the weekends.

What do you all think? Thanks, and if interested please post your free time so we can all come up with a time slot that fits everybody!

For me: I have school monday-thursday 8-5, and may be busy before 1:30 PM Friday, but other than that I'm free. Mountain Time
Last edited February 5, 2015 5:26 am
Feb 6, 2015 3:26 am
Oh, I haven't been reading this thread. I'm from Manchester, England but actually live in Tampa Florida, like the Grandmaster. Kai, not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I can commit to a regular time every weekend. Might be possible, but I like to keep my weekends flexible.
Feb 6, 2015 8:50 pm
I look forward to playing with you all. Double entrendre included at no extra cost. ;)
Feb 7, 2015 9:48 pm
I know, I am the GM, but I am also a player in this game, just like you all (and thankful that you are enjoying it enough to come back for more each day).

The question has been brought up as to having a "real time" session. I like the idea and please don't think that I don't. I joined this site and I made this game with the idea that I would be able to post 2, maybe three times a week. I have work, other games and a life. So, that was all I wanted to commit to.

I look at this site and I see "Post and Play". This type of gaming is what we used to do in the old BBS days (before the internet) when we only had a phone line hooked to our computer and the host computer, if we were lucky, had 2 or 4. If not, we were stuck having to redial over and over again until the host system was not busy. Then once connected, we would have 30 minutes or so to read everything that went on and post a reply with our actions. It was not fast, and we still played DnD off line, but it was what we had. I hate to say it, but this site right here, it brings back memories of the BBS days.

I also knew that this had the possibility of being diverse and it is. We have people from Brazil, Canada and across the US. The majority are in Florida (3 of us) and that puts us in the eastern time zone (GMT -5), add a forth in northern Indiana who is also in the Eastern time zone and that makes 4. Brazil is GMT -2, Alberta, CA and Santa Fe NM are in Mountain Std (GMT -7).

That being said, when it is 7 pm for me and three others locally, it is 5 pm for two of the players west of us and 10 pm for the person in Brazil. It wound not be an easy task.
Feb 7, 2015 9:51 pm
One thing.... please feel free to PM me or IM me on Facebook if I (a) skip over an action you made, (b) have an you do not want the others to see or know about, or (c) have a suggestion that you would to add to the story.
Feb 9, 2015 6:51 pm
I will be changing the way I do "Round" reports. I will continue the bottom section, showing which creatures are hit (stunned, etc) and their total damage, but I will be removing the total HP. This will help keep me honest (not miss a hit or an effort), but still keep some of the mystery.

Hope you all are having fun,

Grandmaster
Feb 9, 2015 7:29 pm
Sounds good, grandmaster. I've been enjoying this tale, for sure, and I'm learning tons about Numenera. One of my main goals was to feel out the Cypher system with a mind for running a "The Strange" campaign for my RL troupe.
Feb 9, 2015 7:32 pm
I am trying to get enuff shins for The Strange. I am also trying to get a pre-release of the cypher system (getting it from the KS already)... Even offered to sign an NDA. I want to see the system in a super hero, or toon setting.
Feb 9, 2015 10:09 pm
I'm having a blast. Like I mentioned before, this is my first go as a PC in ANY type of RPG in like 30 years. You're making my RPG comeback a memorable experience.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.