A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Aug 8, 2016 6:02 pm
It just disappears huh? So many strange happenings in this town. What about astronomy? you got anything on that?
Last edited August 8, 2016 6:02 pm
Aug 8, 2016 6:54 pm
irvanovich sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Aug 8, 2016 8:48 pm
While Mathis is speaking to the librarian and seeing that he is having little luck, Joseph approaches the girl behind the counter.

"Hey, I'm Joseph. I don't suppose you would be able to help my friends an I with some of the books we are looking for? Or at least point us in the right direction?"
Aug 8, 2016 9:41 pm
"Lets have a look over here young Mathis."
OOC:
Library Use roll please
Aug 8, 2016 9:44 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Aug 8, 2016 9:48 pm
"Amanda," she gives a half smile, gazing at Joseph with one eye, a lazy eye off to the side, "I don't know what help I can be, I don't understand Aunt Mable's system. What are you looking for anyway?"
Aug 8, 2016 9:51 pm
"Father, you'll find the Newspaper's in those boxes by the wall."
Aug 8, 2016 10:19 pm
Library use

Rolls

Library - (1d100)

(88) = 88

Aug 9, 2016 5:46 am
"Nice to meet you Amanda. I'm sure you will be able to help. We are looking for anything to do with the history of the town? Things that may looks into the unusual occurances? We also ran into some...creatures last night so a book to help identify them would be handy"

While he is talking Joseph remembers some of the others mentioning a lot of child deaths

"So how long have you lived here?"
Aug 9, 2016 2:31 pm
Shark_Bone sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Last edited August 9, 2016 10:01 pm
Aug 9, 2016 6:54 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Shark_Bone
Aug 9, 2016 6:57 pm
Amanda comes from behind the desk her flowing grey dress with high collar seeming odd for a girl her age. "I'll help you look but I'm as clueless as you. And yes, I've lived here my whole life," she browses the shelves.
OOC:
Luck and Library Use rolls please, Joseph
Aug 9, 2016 8:22 pm
Mathis and Mable don't find anything of use, other than basic Astronomy.
Aug 9, 2016 8:36 pm
Luck and library

Rolls

Luck - (1d100)

(43) = 43

Library - (1d100)

(42) = 42

Aug 9, 2016 10:02 pm
Shark_Bone sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Aug 10, 2016 8:25 pm
Joseph does manage to find a small pamphlet on Cobbs Corners and its surrounds. The general gist...

Cobb’s Corners lies in the mountainous woodlands of western Windham County, just to the north of the state highway, which joins Bennington and Brattleboro Visitors coming from Arkham need to take a twenty-mile drive from Brattleboro to Wilmington, and then turn due north for just under ten miles to reach Cobb’s Corners.
The town is blessed with a booming trade industry due to its location on the Deerfield River and the fecundity of its farms Chartered in 1787 by a group of farmers out of New Hampshire, the town was named after Franklin Cobb; the leader of the settlers, and the surrounding land is often referred to as Cobb’s Corners as well The farmland in the valley has garnered a growing reputation as the "Breadbasket of Vermont" due to the variety and abundant yield of its crops in a region usually known for its rocky, if not infertile, soil A small tributary of the much larger Deerfield River bisects the valley Cobb’s Corners is a place of great scenic beauty, a Rockwell painting come to life Small shops line the unpaved Main Street leading to the waterfront district consisting of a couple of warehouses and a few short piers Spread out behind the stores are a collection of homes, a public library, the town hall, a local sheriff ’s office, the office of the Cobb’s Corners Gazette, a one room schoolhouse, and an assortment of other buildings.
Access to the valley is by a two-lane road that meanders through the surrounding mountains Beyond the town proper lies the Gismend River Bridge (great for bass and trout fishing) Farming covers hundreds of acres of tilled soil bursting with a variety of crops, such as sweet corn. Any inch of land not used for farming boasts a cluster of trees, with thick forests of elms, oaks, and hickories in danger of taking over abandoned farms Standing majestically in the background, the Green Mountains rear up like a bulwark against the rest of the country.
Aug 10, 2016 8:50 pm
Mathis will check over the books on astronomy to see if there are any special constellations or planets that are prevalent right now that usually aren't.
Aug 10, 2016 9:09 pm
It takes an hour of serious reading but Mathis finds nothing out of the ordinary.
Aug 10, 2016 9:11 pm
Father Simon spends the time searching through the Newspaper back issues.
OOC:
Library Use roll please
Aug 10, 2016 10:54 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.