A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Aug 5, 2016 9:29 am
Simon seems remarkably calm after his brief glimpse into madness. " I agree gentlemen. A quiet sojourn through the annals of the town history may shed some light on what's been going on here. We may find some articles in the town paper as well. I'd say start with a genealogy of Sarah and go from there. That seems like a reasonable place to start as any. Or perhaps a previous owner of the farmland where the house stands."
Aug 8, 2016 7:50 am
Shark_Bone says:
Angel wipes rain from his face and looks across the table at Clarissa. "This has been quite the trip, hasn't it? For a second there, I really thought that farmer was going to shoot us." He shakes his head with a laugh, perhaps the first genuine laugh he's let loose in what seems like forever. "So, it appears that the folk here really are a superstitious lot. And, from things I've seen, I'm not entirely sure it's unfounded." He pulls out his notebook, shaking it in a futile attempt to shake some of the damp from it. "What do you think of all this?"
"This is incredible!" she flips through the book, "I'm glad I didn't come across those things you guys saw in the woods. Send shivers up me just thinking about them."
Aug 8, 2016 7:57 am
MEANWHILE, THREE HOURS EARLIER...

Mathis, Joseph and Father Simon head to the library. It's around midday and the dark clouds are still threatening.

The library is a single story wooden building, painted brown but weathered with age. Two windows overlook a ground level porch, complete with awning and two recently painted green metal benches.

Within is a scene of chaos. Many books are stacked on the floor, so many as to require another building to house them properly. Upon a well trodden, threadbare carpet, small paths are kept open between the aisles, the librarian's crowded desk and the front door.

Behind the counter, a gray haired lady, hair tied in a bun in a long dark dress. Beside her, leaning on the desk and looking decidely bored. a teenage girls with lanky oily black hair, a bad case of acne and crooked teeth. The older woman looks up and smiles as you enter, addressing you with a slight Yankee accent.
Aug 8, 2016 7:57 am
"Well good afternoon gentlemen! How can we help you today?"
Aug 8, 2016 1:10 pm
"Well hello ma'am. The name is Mathis, and it's nice to meet you. This is Joseph, and this is Father Simon. With with the school research team and we were hoping to find some information here. If we tell you what we are looking for do you think you could help us find it?
Aug 8, 2016 2:59 pm
irvanovich sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Aug 8, 2016 3:59 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Aug 8, 2016 4:00 pm
"Of course! I doubt you'd find anything by yourself anyway. My filing system is quite, ahem, complex. Amanda, keep and eye on the counter dear"
Aug 8, 2016 4:02 pm
Ok Mrs. Carruthers, well lets start with local Genealogy. Would there be a way in here to track that?
Aug 8, 2016 4:22 pm
"Umm, unlikely. Records like that will be kept at the parish church. I have back issues of the Cobbs Corner's Gazette which might have obituries and such if you wanted to go through those?"
Aug 8, 2016 4:26 pm
Mathis takes out his notebook and makes a note about the perish church.
Father simon, why don't you start there and i will move onto the next task?
How about texts on ancient cultures Mrs. Carruthers? Have you got any of those?
Aug 8, 2016 4:27 pm
Aug 8, 2016 4:32 pm
"Oddly no. I've nothing on folklore or mythology either, which I gather you fellows are here to investigate. Whenever I get hold of something like that it seems to go missing. You're welcome to have a random look round for yourself though."
Aug 8, 2016 4:34 pm
"Most of what I have are poetry collections, philosophical and the scientific disciplines"
Aug 8, 2016 4:37 pm
Aug 8, 2016 4:44 pm
Aug 8, 2016 5:24 pm
Aug 8, 2016 5:44 pm
Aug 8, 2016 5:58 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.