Manor of Origin

load previous
Mar 25, 2021 8:09 pm
Elena readied her carbine. After taking a deep breath, she entered the room several paces behind Inquisitor.
Mar 25, 2021 8:13 pm
Aira made another mental note to ask Inquisitor about his fancy weaponry. Then, she too readied her weapon, pulling three lengths of wood from her bag. With a quick flick of her wrist, they extended into a full-length staff. "Here goes nothing," she muttered before following her compatriots into the room.
Last edited March 25, 2021 8:14 pm
Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pm
Environment
Upon opening the west door, the party can see by the the light of Charlie's candelabra a short hallway ending with a window looking outside.
On the north wall are two doors, they north appear unlocked. One is near the western door, the other near the window at the end of the hall.
On the south wall are two more doors. Both unlocked. One near the western door and the other near the window at the end of the hall.
Not a sound can be heard.
Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm
"Let me check around for any leads. I'm also open to any suggestions. Just don't begin to open doors recklessly."
"I can't discern anything, anyone else wants to give it y try?"
Last edited March 25, 2021 9:05 pm

Rolls

Investigation - checking around - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 25, 2021 11:17 pm
Charlie moved to the window. He wanted to know what it looked like outside or if any other strange objects were nearby.

Rolls

Investigation - What's over here? - (1d20+0)

(6) = 6

Mar 26, 2021 6:27 am
It is far too dark for Charlie to see anything outside.
Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm
"Alright, here's an idea: first I'll investigate the doors, then we each take a door and open it. If anything jumps at you, you RUN at the back wall so we don't have our backs exposed." said Gharn and grimly added "In case anything pulls you inside... We'll figure it out I suppose..
We all clear?"
Last edited March 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Rolls

Investigation - checking doors - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm
Aira scanned the corridor for any sign of danger. The room was dimly lit, but not that different from the abbey she grew up in.
"Sounds like a plan."
Last edited March 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Rolls

Perception - spooky scary skeletons - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Mar 26, 2021 8:07 pm
Each member of the newly formed party posted up at one of the doors. Their hands on the doorknobs, trembling slightly with anticipation, waiting for the command to breach. Will they discover the source of the noise, or will they be disappointed and find absolutely nothing out of the ordinary? Which outcome would be more favorable? The tension has reached its peak.
Mar 26, 2021 8:11 pm
"Here we go then, on the count of three. Brace yourselves!... One... Two... Three, go!"
Mar 26, 2021 8:40 pm
Environment
1: upon opening the door you see what appears to be a neglected nursery. Toys are strewn about on the floor, a crib sits in the corner covered in dust.
2: upon opening the door you find would was likely once a child’s bedroom. The walls are covered with faded paintings of pirates and sea monsters. Faded yellow scraps of papers litter the floor, some with childlike drawings, toys and other such things. On the far side of the room is a fairly large bunk bed.
3: upon opening the door you find what was likely a master bedroom. In one corner of the room sits a large vanity with a shattered mirror. On the other a queen sized bed and some end tables.
4: upon entering the room you find a cozy lit fireplace that is surrounded by book shelves and reading chairs. The shelves are floor to ceiling filled on each wall, several are stacked high on the floor.
Not a soul in sight
Mar 26, 2021 8:57 pm
"I'm not sure if we have to be relieved or more worried... This place gives me the creeps..."

said Gharn a bit relieved not to be dead already

"Let's search these rooms for any more clues or something."
He focuses on searching the books in the library.
Last edited March 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Rolls

Investigation - room 1 - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Investigation - room 2 - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Investigation - room 3 - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Investigation - room 4 - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Mar 26, 2021 9:18 pm
Elena was immediately drawn to the fireplace. The fact that it was lit in an otherwise-empty area of the manor was slightly unnerving, but she didn't to let it show. She weaved her way between the stacks of books and approached the crackling flames within the hearth.

Rolls

Perception - something about that fireplace... - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Mar 26, 2021 9:39 pm
In the library Gharn starts sorting through the books. There are far too many for one man to look through, let alone read, so he picks a corner and skims book covers. Most of them are on fairly mundane topics, including sciences, histories, mythologies, and other fictitious works. However there appear to be some useful things sprinkled among the nonsense. Gharn eventually lays his hands on Classification of Spirits.
Elena, who was struck by the oddity of a lit fireplace in a murder mansion, looks closer within it. She finds that the fire is not being fueled by regular fire wood, but rather pieces of a broken chair and pages that seem to have been torn out of a book.
Mar 26, 2021 9:49 pm
"I think I found something to make an interesting reading material. I will read it through later. Ya found anything useful?" he said while putting the book in his bag.
Last edited March 26, 2021 9:52 pm
Mar 26, 2021 9:54 pm
Charlie lingered in the doorway of the nursery.

"Very unsettling." He muttered to himself, scanning the room. He found himself walking towards the crib.

Rolls

Investigation - Children were here?!?!? - (1d20+0)

(20) = 20

Mar 26, 2021 10:07 pm
Elena responded to Inquisitor, "This fire is being fueled by broken furniture and some pages from a book. They could be informative--I am going to try to get them out."

Elena reached her hand quickly into the flames, trying to snatch the burning pages from the flames.

The heat becomes too much, and Elena retracts her hand, unfortunately without the pages
Last edited March 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Rolls

Sleight of Hand - BURN, BABY, BURN! - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Mar 26, 2021 10:13 pm
As Charlie fiddles about in the nursery, his mind seems to focus on the crib. He can't seem to leave it alone, no matter how insignificant it seems. At a cursory glance nothing was wrong with it, but Charlie ripped up the built in comforter with a knife, not sure why.

To his surprise he finds a hollowed out compartment, clearly dug into the thick wood of the frame with a knife, it contains an eerie looking leather bound book titled Refinement of Magical Circuitry by Makiri Zolgen, and another letter with the seal of the Doll.
Mar 26, 2021 10:26 pm
Charlie quietly slipped the book into his bag, but opened the letter on his way back towards the hall. He silently skimmed its contents before leaving the nursery.

"Savant, I found some more old paper for you." He waved the letter in the air.
Last edited March 26, 2021 10:33 pm
Mar 26, 2021 10:27 pm
Be careful lass. Here, let me try to snatch anything from that fireplace.' he said to Trigger.
Last edited March 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Rolls

Sleight of hand - tooquickforyall - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.