Manor of Origin

load previous
Mar 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Aira entered the room poised for action. Not wanting to let her guard down, she was cautious stepping into the center of the bedroom, slowly spinning to assess the whole situation. Once she felt reasonably safe, she relaxes a little and decides to search the room.
Charlie comes in the door behind her and she jumps at the sound of his shoes on the once soft carpet.
"Don't sneak up on me like that, Charlie." She sent a look of disdain in his direction, but was quickly drawn to the letter in his hands. "I know you are making fun of my research interests, but for the sake of time I will resign to accept your taunts and the letter." Aira takes the obvious distraction and decides to put the boy to work. "While I read this, you can help me search this room. I'll start with these charcoal sketches, you can take a look at the bunk bed."

Rolls

Investigation - I am learning things - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Mar 26, 2021 10:40 pm
Gharn just manages to snatch a smoldering scrap from the edge of the flames. It's mot much, only a a partial sentence remains."Robin Hood waits at thee edge of the woods....

The letter reads.
I don't know who you are, or what possessed you to find this book but I am telling you now that you want nothing to do with what is contained within the pages of that book. The only reason i haven't destroyed it is because it is enchanted and i do not have the proper tools within this place. I do not know how a copy of his research ended up in this hell hole, Gareth and I saw to the destruction of every bit of this foul research after the first Grail War. Yet here this one remains. Likely you will read it anyway, and i can only hope you understand how vile the contents are , and that you will either hide it better than I or destroy it.
The letter has a couple of scratched out paragraphs, but ends with.Everything detailed in that book was done to a child, its why we killed him.
The Doll
Mar 26, 2021 10:44 pm
Charlie nods, a smile stuck on his face from the pleasure of startling the pompous woman. He follows her directions and studies the bunk bed.

Rolls

Investigation - More beds - (1d20+0)

(2) = 2

Mar 26, 2021 10:47 pm
Aira turns to look at the young man, perplexed. "Charlie, what is this nonsense about an 'evil magic' book? You're not hiding something from me, are you?"

Rolls

Insight - why didn't he tell me? - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Mar 26, 2021 10:55 pm
"It wasn't there." Charlie said, deadpan, "From the look of the dust I assumed it was taken ages ago."

Reminder for the DM that Charlie's Deception and Perception can't roll below a 17.

Rolls

Deception - Oops... - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Mar 26, 2021 11:12 pm
Feeling no suspicion towards her companion, Aira turned her attention back to the room at hand. She elected to survey the charcoal drawings littered across the floor and more of the belongings. It was obvious a child had once lived here, but where did they go? How long had it been?

Rolls

Perception - does room have secrets? - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Investigation - details, DETAILS - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Mar 26, 2021 11:16 pm
Gharn came out of the library and entered the master bedroom to search one last time before calling the rest to meet at the junction room.
Coming empty handed, he exited the room and called out: "Hey, gather over here if you're finished."
Last edited March 26, 2021 11:18 pm

Rolls

Investigation - master bedroom - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Mar 26, 2021 11:40 pm
"Those papers in the fireplace were a bust," Elena said to herself.
She looked around the room. Inquisitor had already investigated the plethora of books, so the only things that hadn't been looked at were the reading chairs. Elena decided to give them a quick once-over before she joined the others.

Rolls

Perception - is there anything important about the chairs? - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Mar 27, 2021 4:36 pm
"So, did you people find anything? Should we take a moment to go through our findings or you want to find the source of that ruckus? I'll show you mine if you show me yours..." said Gharn with a smirk.
Mar 27, 2021 5:22 pm
"I didn't find much: only that the fireplace was fueled by broken furniture and book pages. That was a dead end, though," Elena replied as she exited the book filled room, "Did you find anything of value, Inquisitor?"
Mar 27, 2021 5:50 pm
"I don't know if it's valuable, but it might come in handy;"

He takes out an old, dusty, leather bound tome with faded possibly once gold trimmings;

"This one's titled Classification of Spirits, so I thought it might be an interesting bedside reading at least." he said with a shrug.
"Anyone else with some interesting findings?"
Mar 27, 2021 7:16 pm
"There was a very mentally-ill child in that room," Aira said, gesturing behind her as she joins the others in the corridor. "There were drawings littered all over the floor, some seemed to suggest the child was losing their sanity. Which makes sense," she proffered the letter that Charlie had given her. "This letter makes it sound like someone was doing horrific experiments on the poor thing. The letter also speaks of a book with the secrets to their experimentation, but it's been gone for ages."
Mar 27, 2021 7:23 pm
"Well, I think we will have to check out this letter you found and the book I did later. We should be trying to locate where the ruckus came from. Let's get moving!"
Said Gharn and inspected the door as he got in front of it.
"Well, there used to be a trap, but it's been triggered and done already. I believe we should proceed with caution." he said and with his sword and shield at the ready, he opened the door.
Last edited March 29, 2021 8:37 pm

Rolls

Investigation - checking door - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Mar 29, 2021 10:05 pm
Environment
Opening the door reveals a scene that is utterly unbelievable. The room appears to have once been some sort of tearoom, a large table sits in the center of the room, several china cabinets line the walls, a fire place is lit in the corner, and the electric lights are on. A door stands directly across from the entrance to the room. Scattered across the ground however, were over a dozen bodies. Each wearing the same thing, a red tail coat and white trousers, their muskets and hats lie on the ground near the corpses. With a quick glance the cause of death is apparent, each has a crossbow bolt lodged in their left eye. The blood has finished pooling on the ground.

You've stumbled into a massacre.
Mar 30, 2021 12:08 am
"My god." Charlie whispered, his voice solemn and slow. He made his way into the room, studying the fallen soldiers, but staying alert for any signs of danger.

"What terrible fashion sense." He spoke quietly, noticing the British uniforms.
Mar 30, 2021 2:10 am
Her hushed silence at the sight of the dead was quickly broken after Charlie's outburst. "Jesus, Charlie! You can't go around mocking the dead, it's going to get you into serious trouble." She carefully walked around the soldiers and closed their remaining eyelids to give them some peace. Then, she knelt, not in a place she would dirty her skirt with blood, and said a prayer. "Boed i'ch taith i'r nefoedd fod yn gyflym, amddiffynwyr y Tiroedd Mawr. Diolch am eich gwasanaeth bonheddig. Heddwch fod gyda chi i gyd." Then she stood and tried to wipe a tear from her eye without the others noticing.
Last edited March 30, 2021 2:10 am
Mar 30, 2021 2:31 am
The familiar metallic scent of blood flooded Elena's nose. She stepped into the room. The scene reminded her of prior situations she had been in.
Elena stoically stepped around a few of the bodies and navigated deeper into the room.
Mar 30, 2021 2:41 am
As she walked deeper into the room, Elena wandered over to the china cabinets. The china held within caught her attention.

Rolls

Perception - gotta love some fine china - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Mar 30, 2021 2:43 am
Aira scanned the disaster of the tea room. What kind of monster could have done this? Aira had seen a lot of pain in her years, but this was terrifying.

Rolls

Perception - bloody tea room - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Medicine - death is sad - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Medicine part 2 - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Mar 30, 2021 2:54 am
Charlie hummed Amazing Grace under his breath as he moved to join Elena at the china cabinet.

Charlie inspires Aira with his tunes. She gets a Bardic Inspiration Die (1d6).

Rolls

Investigation - More old stuff - (1d20+0)

(7) = 7

Investigation - Second Try :) - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.