Character Concepts and creation

load previous
Mar 27, 2021 9:09 am
I'm a huge fan of the Artificer Initiate feat, as it allows for the Artificer spell to be cast with ordinary spell slots. I would houserule that this feature also exists in the Magic Initiate feat. So our ranger could be Magic initiate (druid) at pick up cure wounds for instance.

If none of you have access to healing magic, there will be increased access to healing potions. Make the characters you want to play, not what the optimal group composition should be.
Artificer Initiate
You've learned some of an artificer's inventiveness:
You learn one cantrip of your choice from the artificer spell list, and you learn one 1st-level spell of your choice from that list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
You can cast this feat's 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.
You gain proficiency with one type of artisan's tools of your choice, and you can use that type of tool as a spellcasting focus for any spell you cast that uses Intelligence as its spellcasting ability.
Source: TCE p79
Magic Initiate
Choose a class: bard, cleric, druid, sorcerer, warlock, or wizard. You learn two cantrips of your choice from that class's spell list.
In addition, choose one 1st-level spell from that same list. You learn that spell and can cast it at its lowest level. Once you cast it, you must finish a long rest before you can cast it again using this feat.
You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for these spells depends on the class you chose: Charisma for bard, sorcerer, or warlock; Wisdom for cleric or druid; or Intelligence for wizard.

Source: PHB, page 168
Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am
I momentarily forgot while choosing my spells went all big boom...then our kind DM reminded me. Now it's mostly utility. I wonder if we should buy some healing potions with our gold?
Mar 27, 2021 11:54 am
It would make sense for Leo to know some druidy stuff, so I think I will use my 4th level ASI to grab Magic Initiate: Druid :)
Mar 27, 2021 4:03 pm
CherokeeWind says:
Galdr, if you don't mind then I am happy to cast with you and will keep the wizard.
By our talking tomes combined, we will scribble furiously between the spheres.
Mar 27, 2021 4:10 pm
aquafina says:
It would make sense for Leo to know some druidy stuff, so I think I will use my 4th level ASI to grab Magic Initiate: Druid :)
Druidic Warrior Fighting Style also provides two druid cantrips :)
Mar 27, 2021 4:20 pm
The_Librarian says:
I momentarily forgot while choosing my spells went all big boom...then our kind DM reminded me. Now it's mostly utility. I wonder if we should buy some healing potions with our gold?
A prudent use of gold pieces. Healer’s kits are also very useful.

Wizard spells drain GP. Whenever I play one, I live by Erasmus’ motto:

http://karlaakins.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/When-I-get-a-little-money-I-buy-books-2.png
Mar 30, 2021 4:39 am
Rolling

Rolls

4d6

(5662) = 19

4d6

(4154) = 14

4d6

(5126) = 14

4d6

(2354) = 14

4d6

(4626) = 18

4d6

(6566) = 23

May 17, 2021 3:05 am
Tosslestand Faerebasomnik (aka Tonik), a rock gnome, has spent most of his life in Waterdeep. He recently has taken over the family business, a small tinkering shop where he also provide basic healing services to the less fortunate (free of charge) and emergency service to the city guard (for a reduced fee). Two things make him happy in life, helping others and tinkering or discovering new objects...
OOC:
Tosslestand Faerebasomnik (aka Tonik) is a rock gnome artificer (alchemist) with the healer's feat.
I kept it simple since the game is already started, but feel free to ask any questions to push me adding new info.

stats: 10 / 11 / 10 / 7 / 15 / 12.... lol, is it to late to switch to point buy ? (if not I can deal with it lol)
[ +- ] Portrait
Last edited May 17, 2021 3:27 am

Rolls

stat - (4d6)

(3431) = 11

stat - (4d6)

(3532) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(3324) = 12

stat - (4d6)

(2232) = 9

stat - (4d6)

(1645) = 16

stat - (4d6)

(2453) = 14

May 17, 2021 4:11 am
Go point buy! For goodness sake, go point buy.
May 18, 2021 12:17 pm
Character is almost done ! Should be able to submit it by the end of the day (maybe even sooner !)
May 19, 2021 1:05 am
still have my spells and equipment to do but I submitted my character...
May 19, 2021 4:46 am
deadpool_qc says:
still have my spells and equipment to do but I submitted my character...
Looks good. Your equipment was confiscated when you were obudcted and schattered around the ship. This includes 3-4 uncommon magic items. Some you will find again, but others are gone/destroyed/build into the ships infrastructure.

Your character wakes up once the others have handled the arcane warhead
May 20, 2021 5:33 pm
deadpool_qc give me a list of 3-4 uncommon magic items your character owned
May 20, 2021 11:30 pm
In addition to various common items from the players handbook he would have stashed in his bag of holding (from his infusions), those are the four magic items he has (soon had lol)...
[ +- ] All-Purpose Tool +1
[ +- ] Keoghtom's Ointment
[ +- ] Necklace of Adaptation
[ +- ] Robe of Useful Items
[ +- ] Common items found in his bag of holding...
[ +- ] Other
Also, just a little modification on his background, his family mainly worked on boats in the port of Waterdeep, so he sometimes when on voyages has what he called himself a Ship Doctor, taking care of the ship and it's crew.
Last edited May 20, 2021 11:42 pm
May 21, 2021 2:01 am
Hah! Shame none of the previous crew thought to attune to your Necklace of Adaptation before they started throwing Cloudkill spells around. :P
May 21, 2021 2:41 am
kadeton says:
Hah! Shame none of the previous crew thought to attune to your Necklace of Adaptation before they started throwing Cloudkill spells around. :P
They probably broke it modifying the air purifier.
Sep 2, 2021 6:33 am
In case it was missed
You are now level 6
Sep 2, 2021 11:08 am
It turns out 6th level is a real non-event for Arcane Tricksters! You get: the hit point increase, and Expertise with two more skills, that's it. Not even additional spell slots.

Perhaps this might be the right time for Khezzik to take his first level of Wizard instead? We could say he's been training with Takeshi and Turner during downtime.
Sep 2, 2021 12:03 pm
I think I'm good to go.
Sep 2, 2021 12:26 pm
kadeton says:
It turns out 6th level is a real non-event for Arcane Tricksters! You get: the hit point increase, and Expertise with two more skills, that's it. Not even additional spell slots.

Perhaps this might be the right time for Khezzik to take his first level of Wizard instead? We could say he's been training with Takeshi and Turner during downtime.
He won't get any better teachers :) Go for it
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.