Chapter One: Threshold

load previous
Jul 29, 2022 10:05 am
Ferathil acknowledges the newcomer without much fuss, but without much objection either.
OOC:
Have we split the money and treasure yet? What is the total amount of coins that we have to split?
Jul 29, 2022 3:01 pm
OOC:
@kwll: I will put the treasure list over in the OCC thread. We can all go over there to figure out how we want to share it, and what we want to do with our group before the next adventure
Aug 1, 2022 7:59 pm
OOC:
Yes I'll be continuing on. Sorry, just got back from vacation. Krahn does have a dagger, but he tends to use the sling because his strength is low. He would definitly be more interested in it after hearing that it can glow.
Aug 31, 2022 5:06 am
Back at the tavern, you re just settling down to a welcome meal when a man enters and nails a piece of parchment onto the central post that serves as a message board. He leaves without a word beyond a nod to the innkeeper.
Aug 31, 2022 3:06 pm
"I wonder what that is for?" Derval asks the group. He gets up and walks over to the post and, standing on his tippy-toes, reads it.
Aug 31, 2022 8:01 pm
"To all interested parties: The merchant, Clifton Caldwell, is in need of a clearing team to empty his new home of undesirables. Proof of ownership can be provided. Interested parties will be paid 100 gp per individual for clearing the premises and in addition, any valuables found may be retained by the finders. Half the money will be provided upfront, the other half upon completion of the mission. Interviews for cleaning teams are to be conducted at this tavern, at dawn tomorrow."
Sep 1, 2022 2:58 pm
Derval pulls down the parchment and hurries back to the others.

"Hey, look!" he whispers to the group, waving the parchment in the air before hurriedly hiding it and casting a suspicious glance around the tavern. "A merchant is offering money to clear a building. Probably just some other traders who refused to pay the rent. Shall we go find Merchant Caldwell?"
Sep 3, 2022 8:30 am
"Undesirables? Could be anything, but sounds like honest work… doesn’t that say he’ll interview folks here?"

He wondered if the halfling was proposing the party pre-empt any rivals, or if he had misheard.
Sep 3, 2022 3:18 pm
"Yes, I was thinking if we braced him at his home he would...no, wait", he pauses in thought. "Humans do not like that. Let us see if we can find out more about Merchant Caldwell, and this home he has purchased."

Derval waves at the server to get their attention. "Excuse me!"
Sep 4, 2022 10:38 am
"You are damn right that we should inquire more about a potential employer before accepting any job. This place looks treacherous enough." says the elf, not mentioning anything about humans for once.
Sep 4, 2022 8:42 pm
The server comes over in response to Derval's hail. "How can I help you?" she asks politely.
Sep 4, 2022 9:08 pm
"May I have an ale please and another of your wonderful meat pies. Hm, they are so delicious." he asks her holding up his tankard. "Also, for an extra coin, what can you tell me of Merchant Caldwell. I hear he has purchased a new building. What do you know of it?"
Sep 5, 2022 12:54 pm
Judging that Derval would certainly be more able to obtain the information required, the large man simply gestured at the server. "Another drink, please."
Sep 6, 2022 1:03 am
The server nods and thinks for a moment. "Caldwell is well known about Threshold. He is an honest man from what I have heard. I know little about his purchase, only that he has been intent on procuring a residence nearby. Were I of a different profession, I might take his offer."
Sep 6, 2022 1:57 am
"You say nearby," Derval replies, handing her a silver coin. "Can you direct us to it, or to someone who can?"
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 pm
"The place is a fortified manor house about 2 leagues to the north of town, along the Duke's Road. You can't miss it."
Sep 17, 2022 7:30 pm
OOC:
Ah, that makes sense.

Shall we all go shopping for gear suitable for storming a fortified manor house? One probably filled with nasty bandits
Last edited September 17, 2022 7:31 pm
Sep 26, 2022 7:23 am
"Shouldn't we make sure that we get the job, first? Maybe the merchant would fund such expenses," the warrior stated, somewhat hopefully.
OOC:
I for one am ready to (a) walk to the manor to check it out today; or (b) sit tight and wait to be interviewed tomorrow. What do you folks prefer?
Sep 26, 2022 9:59 am
OOC:
Ferathil is OK with both options.
Sep 26, 2022 10:08 pm
OOC:
Yes, probably a good idea to see if we can get some funding first before buying anything. I would like to look over the location beforehand, to get an idea of what we might need. Let's go for visit to the Manor on the Hill.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.