Edge of the Empire

Jan 31, 2015 1:47 pm
The game I've been absolutely itching to play is Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. How many people are interested in putting a game together? I'd rather play, but I can GM too.
Feb 4, 2015 12:35 am
I'd play, I have the Core Rulebook but I never got a chance to play it.
Feb 4, 2015 1:08 am
Lets plan to play Core Rulebook only, then. That's all I've got anyway.

As to storyline, do you prefer a canon or non-canon game? I have no strong preference either way, but I like the ability to go off rails if someone "messes up" the canon storyline.
Feb 4, 2015 1:12 am
I'd prefer non-canon, that way both the players and GM have more freedom.
Feb 4, 2015 1:25 am
It'd be nice to have 3 - 4 players, but we could play GM-less if we have trouble getting enough players. The Order66 podcast had some advice on that. (According to the unofficial index its episode 1 at 1:29:30.)

Maybe we can even persuade Keleth to play.
Feb 4, 2015 1:42 am
I'm sure we can find at least 2 other players, although I'd prefer to have a GM. What if we play episodically and rotate who GMs after each adventure?
Feb 4, 2015 1:51 am
Sounds great to me. That way everyone gets a chance to play. And, if we wanted to, we could rotate the new GM's PC to NPC status and continue with the same PCs/group in the next adventure.
Feb 4, 2015 1:52 am
I'd love to play but I don't have the book and FFG doesn't seem to sell pdfs. However, if someone wanted to roll me up a character I could play.
Feb 4, 2015 2:05 am
I think we could manage that. I found some really nice talent trees that'll let you know how your career specialization options go. What kind of character roles do you like to play? That contains more specializations than the core rule book, so here's the core specializations.

Bounty Hunter

- Assassin
- Gadgeteer
- Survivalist

Colonist

- Doctor
- Politico
- Scholar

Explorer

- Fringer
- Scout
- Trader

Hired Gun

- Bodyguard
- Marauder
- Mercenary Soldier

Smuggler

- Pilot
- Scoundrel
- Thief

Technician

- Mechanic
- Outlaw Tech
- Slicer

Universal*

- Force Sensitive Exile
Last edited February 4, 2015 2:27 am
Feb 4, 2015 2:39 am
I like to play, well, anything. If you have an adventure idea, I'd choose something to match. Otherwise, I would choose something with versatility, like an Explorer/Fringer, a Technician/Outlaw Tech or a Colonist/Doctor.
Feb 4, 2015 2:56 am
I guess I should consider myself de facto GM, unless someone else would rather GM. How's this for an adventure seed?
Quote:
Galaxy-renowned scientist and physician Elaisan Johtot has chartered the crew of *insert ship here* for passage to a medical conference on *planet*. She intends to announce a promising new bacta alternative to the galaxy there. But Thyferran agents have no intent to let the substance hit the market, and will do anything to stop it.
Feb 4, 2015 3:00 am
Sounds great!
Feb 4, 2015 3:01 am
I have Edge, and the beta books for AoR and FaD. What post per week commitment are you looking for, and could I play a Force sensitive?
Feb 4, 2015 3:05 am
Sounds great! I'll be a Smuggler/Pilot, unless one of you guys wants to be.

Edit: And also what would you guys like to name the ship? How about "The Cavalier"?
Last edited February 4, 2015 3:16 am
Feb 4, 2015 4:05 am
EotE is one of my favorites right now. There's something about the play that's really great. This is as good a time as any to start looking at new dice. Thoughts on what icons should represent each of the 8 symbols?
Feb 4, 2015 4:21 am
EldritchFire says:
I have Edge, and the beta books for AoR and FaD. What post per week commitment are you looking for, and could I play a Force sensitive?
Hey I didn't see this before, my bad. I'm cool with any commitment.
Keleth says:
EotE is one of my favorites right now. There's something about the play that's really great. This is as good a time as any to start looking at new dice. Thoughts on what icons should represent each of the 8 symbols?
We could just use different colors.

Success: Green
Advantage: Blue
Triumph: Yellow
Failure: Grey
Despair: Red
Threat: Purple

Force can just use White for light side and black for dark side.

We could also use unicode symbols.
Feb 4, 2015 4:42 am
Actually, if I get donations, hiring a designer to help me come up with new icons may be a good use of that money :D

That being said, colors would get confusing, since the dice you use is also color based.
Feb 4, 2015 12:35 pm
EldritchFire says:
What post per week commitment are you looking for, and could I play a Force sensitive?
I figure 1 post every 1-2 weeks. If folks want to post more they're welcome to. And yes to the Force Sensitive Exile (since we're Core only).
Keleth says:
Thoughts on what icons should represent each of the 8 symbols?
To start we could just use the text and a tally, EG "1x Triumph, 2x Advantage, 2x Failure". But mrmrlol is right, we could also use various unicode symbols as the dice icons.
Feb 4, 2015 1:49 pm
RustInPieces says:
EldritchFire says:
What post per week commitment are you looking for, and could I play a Force sensitive?
I figure 1 post every 1-2 weeks. If folks want to post more they're welcome to. And yes to the Force Sensitive Exile (since we're Core only).
So core EotE only, then? Nothing from AoR or FaD? Just clarifying since they are all three core books, and I have them all. And it's trivially easy to find the careers and Force powers online :p
Last edited February 4, 2015 1:52 pm
Feb 4, 2015 2:37 pm
EldritchFire says:
RustInPieces says:
EldritchFire says:
So core EotE only, then? Nothing from AoR or FaD? Just clarifying since they are all three core books, and I have them all. And it's trivially easy to find the careers and Force powers online :p
It is easy to find them, but I think it's best to start with just EoTE and consider the others later. It's hard to run a game for rule books you don't have. If I really get into playing EoTE I'll definitely get the other core rule books.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.