Character Creation

KCC

Jun 3, 2021 1:10 pm
Let’s use this thread for character creation! Feel free to bounce some ideas around!

And let’s think about some interesting connections for the characters.

Who wants to start us off with the playlist, then?
Jun 3, 2021 1:23 pm
I was thinking of a kid who uses humor to cover up insecurities. A chunk (Goonies reference?) of those will be related to their frenemy (Windyridge: it's on, punk).
Jun 3, 2021 1:40 pm
Yeah? Bring it fatty!
Jun 3, 2021 1:58 pm
Currently not home, but I have a fun idea for a Troublemaker character. Bit of a bully and that friend you have that your parents don't want you to hang out with. But with a heart of gold. Not the Henry Bowers type, obviously 😆
Last edited June 3, 2021 1:58 pm
Jun 3, 2021 2:38 pm
My kid will be a jock, a little full of himself because you can't be a good jock otherwise, right? Need that confidence and that get out of my way, I'm better mentality, along with a dedication to being the best and practicing a lot. Haven't decided what sport or sports yet. Thinking about a little league star. At that age and in that timeframe, kids' sports weren't nearly as competitive as they are today, except maybe in little league.
Jun 3, 2021 2:53 pm
Have we gotten an answer on Sweden or US by the way?

KCC

Jun 3, 2021 3:29 pm
I was leaning towards USA. Despite being European, I don’t know how much I know about 80s Sweden. Not that I’ve ever been or experienced the USA either. I’m hoping cultural osmosis will see me through! :D
Jun 3, 2021 3:40 pm
I'm fine with either
Jun 3, 2021 4:52 pm
Me three

KCC

Jun 4, 2021 1:26 pm
No sign of Harigan, as of yet! I think we’ll go with American Loop, if that’s alright! I’ve read through the first adventure and have a good idea of the second.

Anyone willing to put some stats down on paper?
Jun 4, 2021 2:09 pm
Sure! I plan on getting a character sheet done today or tomorrow.
Jun 4, 2021 2:14 pm
I'll work on my character when I get home. Shouldn't take too long
Jun 4, 2021 2:17 pm
I've poked Harrigan and Ant1product. I'll also look at the creation tonight.
Jun 4, 2021 3:03 pm
I submitted a preliminary sheet. The relationships to NPCs are still pretty vague, let me know if I should elaborate anywhere there.

I also sent you a PM, KCC
Jun 4, 2021 3:44 pm
KCC69 says:
No sign of Harigan, as of yet! I think we’ll go with American Loop, if that’s alright! I’ve read through the first adventure and have a good idea of the second.

Anyone willing to put some stats down on paper?
Sorry about that -- still not really used to the way GP does / doesn't make certain things visible to its users. Now that I'm in, should be good to go.

Totally fine with a US-based loop. Boulder City, Nevada, then?
Jun 4, 2021 3:44 pm
Qralloq says:
I've poked Harrigan and Ant1product. I'll also look at the creation tonight.
Ow!
Jun 4, 2021 3:46 pm
I should be able to whip up a character pretty quickly, but I'm also sort of someone who likes to go last when I don't already have a strong idea in mind. Like to fill gaps if I can. Looks like so far we have a Jock and a Troublemaker pegged for sure...
Jun 4, 2021 4:12 pm
I'm going with a Bookworm or Computer Geek (Weirdo and Rocker both sort of work too, if Ant or Harr prefer either of the first two)
Jun 4, 2021 4:22 pm
My preferences are rocker, weirdo and if someone has these already, maybe bookworm. (Qralloq and I need matching bracelets from what I see)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.