Out Of Character Comment Thread

load previous
Jul 17, 2021 8:37 pm
Ah, I did not know we had a character already.
I can not see the sheet for Roooarrgh. If there are any details that are relevant, maybe they can be posted here?
Jul 17, 2021 8:57 pm
vagueGM says:
Ah, I did not know we had a character already.
I can not see the sheet for Roooarrgh. If there are any details that are relevant, maybe they can be posted here?
I logged out, and then found the game which is public, and I was not able to click on the character name. I logged back in, and went back to the game and clicked on the character name and it brought up another page with a link in order to view the character sheet. As far as I know it should work if you’re logged in. I don’t know whether or not there’s permissions set from Rezart that make it to where I’m only the one who can see it, but from what I know right now I would just make sure that you’re logged in and give it a shot.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll ask a mod ASAP.

Since I’m new to the site and I’m kind of fumbling through these things, are players able to see other players Character sheets here regularly and without trouble?
Jul 17, 2021 9:06 pm
I think only the GM can see other's characters' details.
Jul 17, 2021 9:14 pm
I'm thinking of playing something like a merc/bounty hunter.
Jul 17, 2021 9:15 pm
OK, I think it best to leave that up to Rezart. I’ve known people to get upset for not being able to introduce their characters as they see fit.
Jul 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I'm thinking of playing something like a merc/bounty hunter.
I think you’ll definitely be in the right game for that. :)
Jul 18, 2021 12:54 am
I don't mind people looking at the char sheet, I didn't realize you couldn't see the details. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EzjQoR0JJGo78Cv12m8lYeDbY4pq2ZEKuSPZ-xz-tyk/edit?usp=sharing

I haven't written up any sort of backstory yet, he's a Wookie mechanic is all I know right now. I was going to see which direction people go with their characters before finalizing anything.
Jul 18, 2021 1:09 am
Where's that sheet from? It might be useful.
Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am
vagueGM says:
Where's that sheet from? It might be useful.
I made it, actually. You are welcome to copy it if you'd like.

Just FYI it's not super complex - the formulas will make sure all the dice in a starting template add up (18D stats, 7D skills), and they'll figure out melee weapon damage, but I haven't figured an elegant way to calc experience points yet. Also, the data is copied from ReUp, so there's a small chance that one or two of the skill names might not match 2e ReEx. I left the data tab unlocked to make changes easy though.
Jul 21, 2021 1:01 am
How's everyone's characters coming along?
Jul 21, 2021 1:05 am
Pretty good, almost done.
Jul 21, 2021 3:15 pm
Squadfather44 says:
Pretty good, almost done.
Glad to hear it! I'd like to start soon and so far, I've gotten one completed character sheet. Another character will be coming in tonight after discussing matters with the player. Here's what we have so far:

1. A Wookiee Technician - Rezart (sheet completed)
2. A human or near human bounty hunter -mrpiklik (work in progress)

I'd really like to have everyone to wrap up their character concept, that way, those who are waiting to see how they can compliment the group can do so, and we can get the game started. Thanks!
Jul 21, 2021 4:57 pm
I'll be playing a Human Mercenary
Jul 21, 2021 6:44 pm
I'm thinking Human doctor or combat medic type...
Jul 21, 2021 6:57 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I'll be playing a Human Mercenary
Alrighty. Good to go! Looking forward to seeing your character sheet.

First game post, or the beginning of "Chapter One - Cracks In The Walls" will begin next Monday. Please have your character sheets in to me by Sunday. Thanks!
Jul 21, 2021 7:05 pm
With the definite Technician, a Bounty Hunter, a Mercenary, and a Combat Medic listed; I will go ahead and throw together some stats on that Falleen Grifter/Information Gatherer to round out the team.
Jul 21, 2021 7:33 pm
First draft available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6o5t2P0QKrts1C8Q0QIrki9bpO3RMmzHMhyXeziymY/edit?usp=sharing
I am not totally sure about the stats, but think this works.
It seems to be that the secret of my assumed identity (in an earlier post) might count as a Skeleton in the Closet Disadvantage? Are we using those rules?
Last edited July 21, 2021 7:34 pm
Jul 21, 2021 9:12 pm
Kezza Czutest - Falleen Grifter
Type: Androgynous Seducer, Grifter and Information Gatherer
Gender/Species: Androgynous Falleen
Height: 2.1m
Weight: 70 kg
Description: Well dressed and obviously from of high status.

DEXTERITY: 3D+1
Pick Pocket: 3D+2, Dodge: 4D+1
PERCEPTION: 4D+2
Persuasion: 6D+2 1D, Sneak: 5D, Search, Hide, Investigation, Con, Gambling
KNOWLEDGE: 4D+2
Languages: 6D+2, Cultures, Alien Species, Streetwise, Willpower
STRENGTH: 2D+1
Swimming: 2D+1 +1D
MECHANICAL: 2D
TECHNICAL: 2D
Security: 3, Computer Programming/Repair: 2D+1

Character Points: 5
Force Sensitive?: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Move: 9
Equipment: Blaster, Sporting Pistol 3D+1 10/30/60; Recording Rod

Special Abilities
Attraction Pheromones: Exuding special pheromones and changing skin color to affect others gives Falleen a +1D to their persuasion skill, with an additional +1D for each hour of continuous preparation and meditation to enhance efforts — the bonus may total no more than +3D for any one skill attempt, and the attempt must be made within one hour of completing meditation.

Amphibious: Falleen can "breathe" water for up to 12 hours. They receive a +1D to any swimming skill rolls.

Story Factors
Rare: Falleen are rarely seen throughout the galaxy since the Imperial blockade in their system severely limited travel to and from their homeworld.

Background
While appearing 'graceful' at first glance, Kezza is actually rather clumsy and not very quick on their feet. They also suffer terribly from motion sickness (which is their excuse for not driving, it is not like they were not taught by the best tutors) and get shooken up easily.

Secret Background and Origin
Falleen have a high option of themselves, one of the privileged caste discovered a prostitute that looked like them, spent a lot of time indulging in infatuated 'self love'. As part of that they tried to teach their 'toy' to be as much like them as possible.

Eventually they died (how does not matter here) and were reborn as I stepped into their place.

They were set to go off and wander the galaxy as per tradition, so I took this chance to get as far away from those who would likely recognise me as I could. When expected to return I demurred, the family still keep trying to persuade me --saying they love me, miss me, and want me back-- but I fear it would be impossible to maintain the lie if I were around them all the time.
Jul 23, 2021 4:04 am
Updates and a question...

1) I have a leased ship for all of you (nobody brought up a ship concern with me, so hear you go everybody :) ). Six cabins and a variety of modifications from the stock version. I think it's pretty nice. A YT-2400. I'll be posting the ship stats, design specifics and background on the day of chapter one's first post (Monday).

2) I retroactively decided that there would be a door prize for the first person with their character sheet in. I know, kind of a jerk move on my part to declare a contest after the results are in, but don't worry, I expect you all to find some pretty interesting stuff throughout game play (several items in the first few chapters, if they come into play, are quite rare). Congratulations to Roooargh on receiving the door prize (which will happen early in Chapter One)!

3) Everyone starts with 5 character points. Character points will be given out weekly on Saturdays. I'll be posting more about this shortly to reiterate specifics concerning CP usage in game and for advancement of skills, etc.

4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am
IG77 says:
4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
I don't have strong feelings about this either way.

My character is a social one, so it could be that I know everyone and had a hand in bringing us together?
But it could also be interesting if don't know the rest. This will put me as a bit of a fish out of water among these rough types. Maybe I don't want to be here, but got into trouble and am being coerced into this life?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.