Out Of Character Comment Thread

load previous
Jul 23, 2021 4:37 am
IG77 says:
Updates and a question...
4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
The intro kind of sounds like the opening to a heist or caper movie actually, so our fixer assembling a group of characters who aren't familiar with each other to begin with makes sense. I would like Roooargh to be familiar with the ship and working on it though, even if it's owned by somebody else.
Jul 23, 2021 4:44 am
Also, I hope somebody in the group is some sort of hotshot pilot by the way - Ro has the basics of piloting and astrogation, but he's definitely not the guy when things get hairy (couldn't resist).

Besides, if the ship's in combat, you want the mechanic in the engine room, not the cockpit.
Jul 23, 2021 4:52 am
Kezza is DEFINITELY not the pilot. :)
I am quite happy for Ro to own the ship, or for us to have access to it through Ro.
Jul 23, 2021 5:28 am
Someone with some extra dice behind the space transports skill would be nice, but I don't want players to feel they need to make a pilot if they'd rather play something else. If someone wants to be pilot, cool! If not, then there's plenty of ship board duties for everyone and the financier of this mission is an above average pilot. :)
Jul 23, 2021 5:34 am
Rezart says:
IG77 says:
Updates and a question...
4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
The intro kind of sounds like the opening to a heist or caper movie actually, so our fixer assembling a group of characters who aren't familiar with each other to begin with makes sense. I would like Roooargh to be familiar with the ship and working on it though, even if it's owned by somebody else.
If you'd like to see it early, I can post it early for any questions if you want Roooargh to be familiar with it.
Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm
I'm fine either way, but us not knowing each other will make for some interesting rpg interaction.
Jul 23, 2021 6:14 pm
I like the ship, it looks cool! Ro will be in A6 I think, so he'll share a wall with the engine room and maybe hear any strange vibrations or noises that are early warning signs.

I think working on the ship has definitely meant a lot to Ro, and . My headcanon is that Wookies use their claws to leave graffiti and notes and messages to each other everywhere they go. Not important information, just little message and memes and hellos - "Kilroy was here" type stuff. So digging into the ship and seeing all the notes they left has helped him feel connected to this family of Wookies that he never actually met. He was very touched and honored by Doban's gift (and a little embarrassed, since it was a reminder of how he'd kind of slacked of on his fighting lessons as a kid). He'll carry the blade on his back, and try to work on training to be deserving of the blade.
Jul 23, 2021 6:37 pm
Mad points on the ship right up! Mennoe will be honored to serve on it. I'm not sure what position he'd fill though. He's skilled in Starship Gunnery, so he could be one of the gunners. He's also skilled in Starship repairs. So he could even assist in the engine room as well.
Jul 23, 2021 10:35 pm
Any chance we can see more about Mennoe? We players can not see the character sheets. (If we can, please tell me how.)
Jul 24, 2021 1:13 am
vagueGM says:
Any chance we can see more about Mennoe? We players can not see the character sheets. (If we can, please tell me how.)
I think that players not being able to see other players stats was set up by design, though not by me.. I don’t know whether or not everybody wants to publicly post their character sheets, stats and backgrounds. How do you all feel about that?

I may set up a sub forum involving player characters, And you all would be free to post as much or as little about your PC as you’d like. Perhaps at the very least, a physical description.
Jul 24, 2021 2:08 am
I have done so here.

I never saw the point of keeping stats secret, but also don't mind if others want to.

I often create a thread for each character, mainly OOC but sometimes also an IC thread. This gives the player a place to discuss things and gives a place to ask character specific question about them and provides a single place to look for details and reminders. (But then I generally have everyone openly participate in each others' character creation. But that is just my preference.)
Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
I was at work earlier and forgot to say that I'm glad you guys liked the ship! I also forgot to reference it, so that's what I'm heading off to do.
Jul 24, 2021 4:14 pm
You can share your Character sheet by clicking the 'Add to Library' symbol on your My Characters page. It's the 3rd from the left of the 4 symbols after Character Name, PC , Custom,
Jul 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Esidrix says:
You can share your Character sheet by clicking the 'Add to Library' symbol on your My Characters page. It's the 3rd from the left of the 4 symbols after Character Name, PC , Custom,
Cool! Thanks Esidrix.
Jul 24, 2021 6:41 pm
Will we be using the Wild Die rules in this?
Jul 24, 2021 7:10 pm
Rezart says:
Will we be using the Wild Die rules in this?
Yes. It certainly adds in a chaotic effect of extra chance of critical success or failure. Typically with dice roller software I've seen players declare (ahead of time and agreed upon by everyone) that their first or last dice is their wild dice.
Jul 25, 2021 2:12 am
So, which is it for this game? First or last? It does not make a difference, but, as you say, 'declared ahead of time' is important and the GM can just say now which it is and we stick to it.
Jul 25, 2021 2:19 am
Esidrix says:
Ah, thanks. Good to know.
We still need a link to the character sheet. Players can not click the names in the Game Details page. Posting as the character provides such a link.
Jul 25, 2021 2:57 am
Okay, I’ll work on that tonight after I can get onto something with a larger screen than my phone. (:
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.