Part Two: Summer Camp

load previous
Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm
Georgie holds a hand to his nose and tries to fit in. "Yeah, go Rattlesnakes!" He's early in the winning side of things, or more likely, he is but wasn't paying attention at the time. Still, these are his friends, actual friends, not just classmates that chose him last.
Jul 23, 2021 5:28 am
As her team celebrates, Em misses delivering a few half-hearted hive-fives, then staggers over the to the sideline to check on Milo, where she collapses in the grass. Her arm still hurts from the earlier contest, and now her legs are feeling wobbly as well. Is it break time yet?!
Jul 23, 2021 6:31 am
Mikey smiles widely at their victory. He may not be as into football as Andy but you can't spend this much time on something without appreciating it at least a little bit. Plus, those Butterflies are pushovers, which was kind of fun. He sits down on the sidelines and lies back in the grass. Maybe this camp isn't going to be that horrible after all.

KCC

Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm
"Maybe this camp isn't going to be that horrible after all."

Sure does feel that way, doesn’t it? You bask in your victory while some other kids get a chance to kick around the ball. Andy marks out the kids that would be worth organizing some games against when you all have free time. You manage to dispatch two more teams before the whistle blows for dinner and the crowd moves to the big tent for a first night feast.

Kim Johnson’s control of the dining situation is surgical. She’s an old hand at this stuff now. She knows what works. Behind the counter, Mark, Joan and a few other people Kim has roped into dinner duty dutifully dole out your portions. Green beans, potato, corn, a nice fat sloppy Joe that runs all down the side, accompanied by a glass of milk, and a slice of roll cake, batch made, and a little on the small side.

You swallow it all hungrily. What a first day. A real triumph. Time with a pretty girl. A bloody nose for the Caterpillars, and several other groups have known your wrath already. You’ll be running this place before long.

After dinner, the group breaks off into smaller groups of about 15 kids. 3 teams grouped together around a campfire made of wood that you yourself had gathered. Night insects chirp, and a guitar is being strummed by one of the volunteers somewhere off by another campfire. You toast some s’mores, and get your fingers dirty eating them. After such a busy day, and a heavy meal to boot, the camp grows quiet, and the children start to look, and feel, listless and tired. Joan tries her best to tell a spooky story, but the young woman doesn’t quiet have what it takes to sell it. Perhaps you’ll get assigned to Mark’s fire another night and he might make a better go of it. You play along as best you can becuase she’s trying her best, you suppose.

In time, Joan surrenders the night to the guitar and the chirping. Eventually, that feeling descends. Without being told, you start to feel it’s bedtime. Even the kids that had groaned earlier about the hour of lights-out can’t summon up the energy to protest when the whistle gets blown. You’re all beat, and begin the march back to your bunks.

KCC

Jul 23, 2021 2:37 pm
You sluggishly make your way back to your bunk. You’re not the first back, evidently, as some of the other kids have fallen asleep in the common room. One of them lies sprawled across the floor, snoring loudly. You just about manage to wash up before bed. Your eyes are heavy! Jaden bangs his shoulder against the door frame as he makes his way into the bedroom.

You’re all aware of a stink in the room, vaguely. You’re faintly aware of a stick on each of your pillows. And poop. The smell of poop. A prank? From the Caterpillars? A message? Revenge. Your vision starts to swirl. Georgie collapses on to his bed. Andy too. The rest find their way to the floor.

You…

Just…

Cant…

Keep…

Your…

Eyes…

Ope…

Sleep.
[ +- ] Mikey’s Dream

KCC

Jul 23, 2021 2:41 pm
A trumpet sounds! You’re startled awake. A giant man with white hair bursts into your room.

"RISE AND SHINE!

Breakfast is in five!"

You open your eyes, and groan. It’s morning. You wake up, in a familiar looking building with several other kids you don’t recognize. Or do you?
OOC:
You… have been body swapped! Look down at yourself. You’re still you… on the inside. But not on the outside. Who are you? What do you look like?

Important: I should note, these are entirely new children. You don’t recognize them. You haven’t swapped among yourselves.
Jul 23, 2021 7:46 pm
Andy wakes up happy and high from the previous day's exciting and fun events. Sitting up he hangs his legs over the edge of the bed, scratches his head, and immediately does a double-take. Huh? The hair on his legs is red! What the heck?! He looks up at the room and sees the kid in the adjacent bed. Who the hell are you? His head snaps to the left, then to the right. Who are all of you?

He doesn't recognize anyone in the room! Where am I? he shouts at the big gray-haired man in the center of the room, and now he's scared, maybe even terrified. He grabs his pack from under the bed. Within is a small mirror his mother insisted he bring just in case, but just in case of what he never found out. He held it up to his face and turned white. He had red hair and it wasn't him.

https://i.imgur.com/6cekn6j.png
OOC:
Meet Andy chin. A red with freckles even.
Last edited July 23, 2021 9:08 pm
Jul 23, 2021 8:16 pm
Georgie wakes and feels immediately like something is wrong. When the scary old man starts yelling he raises his hands and then something is definitely wrong. He looks slightly tanned, perfectly so! His hands are small and frail. He feels his face his belly. He's thin, impossibly so, like he's shed half of his size.

"I HAVE CANCER!" He screams and jumps out of bed.

Bah, still weak. His thin frail legs and arms flail about, he's wearing a pair of jean shorts, but the rest of his skin is a slightly olive color. Maybe he was pranked with some kind of skin dye, but his flat thin belly couldn't be faked.

"Ahhhh!" He grabs a sweatshirt.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hfr1inJ8218/hqdefault.jpg
OOC:
Meet Rey Arias, a bone thin short boy.
Last edited July 23, 2021 8:57 pm

Rolls

Mind 4, Investigate 3 - (7d6)

(2356533) = 27

Extra dice for help - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jul 23, 2021 8:43 pm
Em wakes groggily, cracking a crystal blue (?!) eye at the loudmouth barking for the kids to wake up. There's some red-headed kid she doesn't recognize freaking out a little, and she's woozy as she sits up and throws the blanket off her legs -- revealing strangely long, lean and tanned gams that are most definitely not covered by the girl's favorite jammie-jams. And her toenails are painted pink! Disoriented, the camper stands up and staggers a little, unused to her height and the strength in her limbs. Looking down, the increasingly worried girl sees she is wearing only a long t-shirt over her underthings, and that this is definitely not her body! This body is... different. Curvier. More attractive, more mature.

"What the f@$% is going on?!" the girl swears, unable to avoid bringing her hands to her face, to her long, golden hair, to her unfamiliar and rather impressive chest.
OOC:
Meet Courtney Amber Woodsworthy, formerly super-popular, athletic, hot, and confident. She's 14 going on 21 and we'll see what Em does with all that while she's behind the wheel. Buckle up! Also, strikes me that maybe we're all Upset by this?
[ +- ] Courtney
Last edited July 24, 2021 5:39 am
Jul 23, 2021 9:59 pm
Jaden jumped up startled by the loudmouth geezer, expecting some sort of sharp pain indicating that he bumped his head as he jolted up; it never came though... Still trying to get it together with all that shouting kids that Jaden thought he didn't recognize for a second, rushed to the bathroom to splash some water on his face, only to discover that the sink and faucet had grown taller.

He looked up and tried to understand what he was looking at until his brain begun to connect things together.
"WHA..." he begun to shout, but as a high-pitched squeal begun to leave his mouth he stopped.

Lovely!... I went to sleep and woke up to what can only described as rainbow vomit with pink stars in a candy toilet; just perfect.... Ok, I need to find the others and we'll figure things out... But first, I ain't running around like that...
[ +- ] Annie Dervo
As Jaden storms back into the room she he heads for the bed he got out of. He begun to rummage through a sack under the bed; at least he had a clue now. The tag on the sack had a name on it; "Annie Dervo". He quickly finds a pair of craft scissors and gets to work. Sleeves are getting torn from a t-shirt, making it a punk-y sleeveless one; a pair of jeans gets cut up, now made into a makeshift denim knee-long pair of shorts. Finally he gets a pair of pink leggings out of the sack. Looking disgusted he stormed outside and found some embers still burning - the remains of a campfire. He hurls them in the embers and watched them go ablaze with a creepy grin.

Heh, this will be fun. Imagine saying some inappropriate jokes looking like this.. The possibilities are endless!... But first, go find the rest of the misfits.
Jul 23, 2021 11:13 pm
Mikey is woken up from his weird nightmare by lots of excited and stressed yells. "Can you all just...", he begins but stops when he realizes that his voice is not his voice. It's deeper and stronger. He doesn't like it. All around him, kids are panicking, going through their bags and generally acting confused. He looks down at his hands. They're larger than they should be, as are his arms which are now thick and muscle-packed. He also seems taller than before.

Looking down at the body that is where his own should be, dressed in only a pair of long pj pants while his trained upper body is free, makes his breath run fast with the onset of panic. This is so wrong!, he thinks to himself and, rather than joining the general commotion, hides under his blanket. Maybe it's still just a nightmare!, he thinks. Maybe if I fall back asleep, I'll wake up in my day-to-day, slightly less messed up life.
OOC:
Meet Devon Bowers, every cliché of a dumb highschool jock and bully you can think of. He's even worse than Andy!
https://i.imgur.com/LisQEI6.png

KCC

Jul 24, 2021 12:46 am
Wednesday, July 16th, 19–
Roadrunner Cove Summer Camp
Boulder City, Nevada.

You look around at each other. You don’t recognize the faces, but you do recognize the faces that are being made. Confusion mixed with panic. Georgie starts to piece it together. You’re all feeling the same sensation. Georgie recognizes that this is the gang… just different looking.

Em… is that you? J… Jaden?…

A trumpet toots again. You hear rumbling outside the room. Other kids gathering up and dragging themselves out into the sun. It draws your attention to the door, and the building. It looks cleaner than you remember. Less worn. The bed, for that matter, looks less notched, and it doesn’t creak quite as much.

You gather yourself up, bewildered, but afraid to incur the ire of the big man, and you head outside. It, too, looks fresher. The flower beds look better maintained, and the painted murals on the houses are colorful, more vivid.

You see the big man again, outside the big tent. He toots the trumpet again.

"COME ON, CAMPERS! WE DON’T WANT TO MISS THE LAUNCH! MAKE IT QUICK TODAY!"

You all file into the dining area. It’s been decorated with cardboard cut outs of a space craft. Inside, you see a volunteer playing with a group of smaller children. He walks around in a big, brightly colored cardboard box outfit. It’s clearly supposed to approximate an astronaut. His antics get a giggle from the children, and he moves on to the next table. Around you, tired looking children are chowing down!
OOC:
It’s breakfast! What do you do? You’re damn hungry after yesterday!

Someone give me comprehend and someone give me investigate, please! :)

… we gotta get out of this place… if it’s the last thing we ever do…
Jul 24, 2021 4:20 am
Mikey hesitantly goes along with it. He tried to find some baggy clothes but everything that was in this kid's suitcase was seemingly designed to show off his body rather than hide it. And he's too tall to borrow something from someone else and have it fit loosely.
Hunched over and feeling super uncomfortable, Mikey enters the dining area and looks around. Maybe he can piece together what happened if he keeps his eyes open.

Rolls

Mind+InvestigateMind 3+1 - (4D6)

(5322) = 12

Luck - (4D6)

(3266) = 17

Jul 24, 2021 6:09 am
Em manages to hold it together when no one else freaks out, but she doesn't say a word to another soul as she tries to figure out what the hell is going on, whether this is a dream, a nightmare, or just some kind of terrible joke. Whoever this girl is whose body she's wearing, she's obviously pretty high on herself. A quick root around in the priss's suitcase turns up makeup and hair stuff, little shorty-shorts, tank tops, halter tops, and a pretty little bikini. There's a series of quiet, nopes, no ways, an are you kidding me, and a strong HECK no before the brunette-come-blonde finds something she can wear: flip flops, jean shorts, a too-tight for comfort tee with a peace symbol on it and a denim jacket. She leaves the hairspray, the silver cross, the earrings, and all the rest in the other girl's, er, her... bag.

Numb and still wondering what could possibly have happened, Morgan goes along with all the other kids, looking for more signs that something was terribly wrong... and breakfast. Boy is she hungry!
OOC:
Making the rolls. If being Exhausted matters, if she's still Exhausted, ignore the final die in each roll.
Edit: Sigh. I think Em is still in WTF WTF WFT mode.
Last edited July 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Rolls

Mind 4 + Comprehend 2 - (6d6)

(133242) = 15

Mind 4 + Investigate 2 - (6d6)

(411411) = 12

Jul 24, 2021 2:09 pm
Dropping the mirror on the bed, he realizes he doesn't recognize his clothes, doesn't see his favorite shirt even though the mirror was there. He grabs whatever shirt he lays his hands on and a pair of ugly plaid blue and green shorts. That's when he notices his freckles. Freckles on his arms. Freckles on his legs. Gah!

Andy looks around, puzzled, upset and thoroughly confused but he's hungry and his stomach is growling loudly and that trumps everything. He reasons that he will think better on a full stoamch.

Outside on the way to the dining hall, he notices one of the kids, a blond girl, totally keeping her cool. She's pretty and she is wearing nail polish, to camp? Weird but he needs an ally. Maybe he will wrestle up the courage to approach her, and ask her if she knows what going on?

Rolls

Mind 3 Investigate 2 - (5d6)

(12636) = 18

Jul 24, 2021 2:36 pm
Georgie looks around and tries to see the others for who they are. He thinks he sees mannerisms like Jaden, maybe Em. He looks around and then says, "If you know the name of Cuckoo Hernandez's robot, I need to talk to you."
OOC:
I had added my rolls to an earlier post. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Last edited July 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm
The blonde keeping her cool is really keeping to herself, afraid to interact with anyone around her, afraid that whatever is going on is... real.

Em's thoughts are singular: What the heck is going on?!

That's when some little shrimp comes up to the tall blonde Em inhabits, and mentions... Cuckoo!

Blue eyes narrow.

"Asimov! Who are you?" the Barbie asks quietly, a little surprised at the sound of her own squeaky, slightly raspy voice.
Last edited July 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Jul 24, 2021 2:57 pm
He quietly looks at her, trying so very hard to look her in the eyes.

"Em, it's me." He hisses quietly, "Georgie. At least inside." He waves his wraith thin arms slowly.
Jul 24, 2021 3:03 pm
Huh? Andy perks up at the mention of Cuckoo and the robot. ASIMOV! he blurts out. Then he stares at the kid with cancer.
Jul 24, 2021 3:30 pm
While Annie is taking care of his fashion issues, he hears a scrawny kid saying something about Cuckoo Hernandez in a non- hushed voice and he freezes; on top of it he sees a couple other kids he doesn't recognize move toward the lean kid, one clearly blurting out "Asimov" louder than they should.

He instinctively grabs the pillow from his bed and the one next to him and hurls them at the other kids, astounded that his throws seem not to be affected by the body swich-a-roo.

He jumps over following the pillows and with a squeaky little voice he says with one breath:

Oh-My-God-Shut-Your-Traps-Why-Are-You-Yelling-You're-Banned-From-The-Hideout-If-We-Make-It-Alive-Out-Of-This-Don't-You-Look-At-Me-Like-This.
Last edited July 25, 2021 8:12 am

Rolls

mind+investigate - (5d6)

(43334) = 17

luck reroll - (5d6)

(26141) = 14

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.