Forgotten Fragments Pathfinder 1E: Recruiting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Wanted: Adventurers!

The Stolen Lands have finally been conquered!

The new country of Fiadhain will grow and reclaim the wild lands for civilisation once more. The council wishes to remember not only the lost empire of Dachaigh-Sìth but all of the lost civilisations!

A museum is being built in the town of Nodha on Candelmere island, a project personally overseen by Treasurer Carnwen. The council are seeking adventurers willing to aid in growing the collection, and aiding to build up the town in general. Successful candidates will live in the town, and go on expeditions across Golarion to uncover treasure and bring them back to be displayed when information of such places are discovered.

Pay: 10gp a week, with board and food provided, with additional payment per expedition and artifacts recovered.

Those interested should travel to the Geata outpost on the outskirts of Fiadhain. Those successful will travel by caravan to Nodha. Unsuccessful candidates are still welcome to settle, either in Nodha or the capital Daingneach.

-----------

The above notice has been spread across Golarion, brought by heralds also sharing the news of the new nation Fiadhain, established after group of adventurers defeated the stag lord and laid claim to part of the stolen lands, and wild expanse filled with fey, bandits and ruins. Other notices came with it, speaking of the new country, and offering a place to turn over a new leaf, start a family, run a business and so on.

----------

Forgotten Fragments is a character focused, rp heavy game where players are a team of explorers travelling through the ancient ruins of Golarion find treasurers and uncovering lore, riches and maybe some evil schemes.

As a pathfinder game, there will be some combat, but I encourage players to go for flavour builds and decisions, rather than combat ability as I will be matching combats to the players. You will also be encountering problems such as puzzles, riddles, social encounters etc.

Characters start level 3, 20pb, and will use automatic bonus progression, plus this bundle of houserules. Most these relate to character creation. It looks scary, is actually fairly simple once read through.. It looks big, but its mostly relating to char creation, and involves the feat tax rules. I will always be happy to help talk people through it, Characters require at least a bit of background, as I intend to include them in the story, but again I am very happy to help people not used to backgrounds, or the Golarion setting, and there are traits and a free story feat to aid. (Char creation can happen after being accepted, just putting house rules here so people are aware, not everyone likes a lot of house rules)

----------

I don’t yet know the full level scope for the game, but I definitely intend it to be a longer one. Posting 4-5 times a week as a rough start.

The general theme is adventuring and discovery, but sometimes people discover dark things. There is no possible trigger currently set in stone, but I will be collecting peoples lines and veils/triggers at game start so I know what to avoid when writing bits, and people are always free to let me know if something is making them uncomfortable and we need to dial back and rest something.

This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups. You are aiding a nation offering a fresh start for people from all over, two of the female leaders of the country are in a relationship, and that’s just the top of the minority NPC iceburg.

On that note,however, there will be ‘fantasy racism’ and not all characters may react well to LGBT/certain races, but that's all in character, you are in no way forced to agree and those characters/views can be combatted. If people are concerned on this throw me a message and we can discuss.

----------

So if you’ve survived this long, onto the part you all want to know. Applications!

PC’s will have been filling out an application as part of the process to be selected, so players will be too, just to give me a bit of insight into the proposed character. I think this is better than first past the post.

Just pop this down below, filled out (in character if you wish). All experiences welcome.

-----------

Name:
Country of Origin: (Only if you are familiar with golarion countries)
Previous Occupation:
Why are you applying?:
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: (Aka class, and other things)
Anything we should know?:

---------

Feel free to pop some additional information in spoilers if there's something you want me to know but not other prospective players.

I will start looking to make choices next week. Some priority will go to players without a game. If you have any question just post below.

Be aware there will be a discord channel for the game set up for players to communicate.
Last edited July 27, 2021 9:15 pm
Jul 27, 2021 5:32 pm
Very much interested in this campaign. I ran some of the Kingmaker path a while back and others set in Golarion. I currently have no active games. I am on Discord, barely, as you may know already from our time together in another Pathfinder game that went cold.

I will need to look through all my notes to put forth a character concept and finish reading creation rules.

Edit: Ooops! Forgot about The Funnel. So, I am in one game with a slow posting rate.
Last edited July 27, 2021 5:49 pm
Jul 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Sounds good. No worries on discord, as long as I know can make sure you get any messages another way.

Should clarify no need to make full characters yet for those who think they do. The house rules are just there to be open as I know some would rather no house rule heavy
Jul 27, 2021 9:23 pm
Jack the Harrowed [aka Grimjack Harrow]

Country of Origin: Varisia (recently of the Soidvoda county of Versex; city of Thrushmoor

Previous Occupation: Agent of the Sleepless Agency [Finding lost persons, exposing corruption, and guarding precious treasures]

Why are you applying?: Looking for a change of scenery from Ustalav

What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: Medium, Harrowed, Gun-capable, Seasoned Hunter and Investigator, Adept at dealing with the living and the dead.
Last edited July 27, 2021 9:27 pm
Jul 27, 2021 9:37 pm
Popping in quickly to show my interest in this game. I'll give it more thought when I have more time on my hands and can get to my home computer, early early in the morning.

Initial thoughts: Female, Elven or Half-Elven, Adherent of Calistria, from the big city I can't remember the name of atm.
Last edited July 27, 2021 10:57 pm
Jul 27, 2021 10:39 pm
Count me in LOM, will come up with something fast, but looking at doing a Human Hunter build, will have to do some background work...not my strong point. And will make a decision on homeland also.

Oh and no access to discord.
Last edited July 28, 2021 10:00 pm
Jul 28, 2021 2:50 am
If you'll have me, I'll gladly join this endeavor! Will have a character submission together asap
Jul 28, 2021 3:55 am
Name: Raelle (half-elven female)
Country of Origin: City of Absalom
Previous Occupation: Salon of Calistria temple employee
Why are you applying?: Broadening my horizons and looking for the adrenaline rush of adventure
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: Cleric/Rogue
Anything we should know?: ?

RageRed sent a note to LightOfMidnight
Jul 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Name: Emmeline (female human)
Country of Origin: haven't made up my mind yet
Previous Occupation:
Why are you applying?: have never been away from home, seeking adventure
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: Hunter with mountain lion companion, scout
Anything we should know?: not yet

Is this a PF adventure path? Just wondering in case there is a player's guide I need to obtain.
Last edited July 28, 2021 11:05 pm
Jul 28, 2021 11:07 pm
How the hell does that note thing work?

Can't figure it out (
Last edited July 28, 2021 11:08 pm
Jul 29, 2021 12:22 am
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/b2/66/04b2660342eb88e4643f243e9915593e.jpg

Name: Zarathustra the Legendary Kineticist (Roil Dancer/Fusion Kineticist)
Race: Ferocious Human Specialized Strength and Consitution, utterly void of appropriate communication skills
Country of Origin: Apkallu Vault Plane of Axis - Awakened From Stasis
Previous Occupation: What's that?
Why are you applying?: Zarathustra is seeking the philosophy of life, trying to find a true meaning. Something in his core programming - for indeed he was programmed not taught - tells him that the path of most resistance will lead to enlightenment.
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: He is a healer, of disease and flesh. He doesn't seem to need any spellpower it just happens around him. As a healer he is first and foremost a philosopher. He is also a force of nature when it comes to destruction. All things in balance. He also is handy with building, cooking, and crafting.
Anything we should know?: He literally fell from the sky into the adventuring party not long ago. He is very childlike, in that he is both foolish and stupid, or at least seems to be. But has a profound outlook, claiming that the end of everything is not far now. He lives his life to the fullest, and eats, oh how he eats.

Abilities:
STR: 15
DEX: 18
CON: 18
INT: 8
WIS: 9
CHA: 7

Feats:
Human: Heir to Power Unstable
First: Endurance
Second: Legendary Extra Wild Talent
Third: Kinetic Prodigy

Infusions:Kinetic Blade
Telekinetic Boomerang
Spindle

Wild Talents:
Kinetic Healer
No Breath

Maneuvers:
Spark Strike
Variable Flux
Eldritch Shield
Fluctuation Movement
Horizon Wind Lancet

Stances:
Embrace the Elements

Traits:

Awakened from Stasis: Zarathustra was made by the Apkallu, not born. For some forgotten purpose. He broke from stasis in a nightmare where he saw millions of identical entities as himself.

Blessed Touch: Made to be the perfect agent of balance, Zarathustra's healing capability is on par with his level of destruction.

The Metal Womb:

Zarathustra did not know what it was to be, before he awoke, he was not meant to know individuality. Processed and created by a singular will, all of Zarathustra was subtly implanted with knowledge within their mutual stasis chambers.

They, Zarathustra, did not need to know much. Cocktails of magical mushrooms were injected into the brainstem, stimulating growth, enhancing awareness, directing all energies in the chamber to the Zarathustra within them.

Countless billions, identical, perfectly formed human beings, each identical to another. Growing according to the infallible logic of the Godmind. Who's purpose with these sleeping humans? Balance.

A Zarathustra knew only this balance. And how to draw upon the balance, to create, to destroy. Aeons of learning poured into their minds while the body remained in stasis. All such teachings to reinforce the connection between physical struggle, and the pursuit of perfection.

The shared consciousness carried on in such a manner until events outside the Axis of worlds dictated the need for Zarathustra to awake. Inevitably one was the perfect solution to the problem. Inevitably that one would bring balance.

Zarathustra awoke, in terrible fear, his instincts honed by thousands, perhaps millions of years in stasis. Immediately recognized he was both restrained, and deep in hot water. The green murky waters of the stasis pod were receding, bringing light which blinded his eyes. Eyes that had never before seen the light. The pain was intense, but dwarfed by the tube, catheters, and shunts being withdrawn from his physical form. The psychic scream of anguish brought about a release of The Might, as the forces of gravity and light tore apart the machine womb that had carried Zarathustra for so many aeons.

Muscles which had never before held weight collapsed under the strain. A circulatory system that had never worked in isolation too weak to keep such a powerful frame ambulatory. Zarathustra collapsed, and when the pain abated was able to focus. Seeing his face for the first time in the pool of fluids that had gushed from the destroyed stasis chamber.

Coal black irises around an even blacker pupil tasted self awareness and at once, Zarathustra looking upon his reflection knew himself. The neon pink hair, rugged angular features suggesting elven blood. Soft pink lips and alabaster flesh, these things he knew upon sight, but the voice that told him what they were he knew as The Other. Billions of his voices shared ideas amongst the collective, a collective he was no longer in contact with. All that remained was this voice, The Other, telling him that he was indeed this creature who he spied in his reflection.

His head spinning Zarathustra tried to stand, only to be overtaken by nausea. Retching he cleared his stomach of its contents, the same green fluid he had been drowning in only moments prior. His head was pounding, stomach growling, functions that had never been processed overwhelmed him. Hunger, nausea, a working inner ear such strange, wonderful, intense sensations that he couldn't help but marvel at.

The urge to urinate hit him hard, as well as to defecate. These feelings were accompanied with shame, another new emotion that he had never experienced in the collective. The urgency of which caused him to hide in a corner to relieve himself. The smell was awful, Zarathustra wondered how his body could even produce such a substance. But decided when he had finished that he rather enjoyed the process and that it was itself humorous.

A sound alerted him to the presence of others. And before he could further conceal himself, he saw metallic creations. Recognizing them immediately as they were so closely resembling the machinery around him he knew they were the caretakers of this place. The Caretakers of the collective. This was in his own voice, a sound he had never processed before - even internally. Yet knew it to be his own. He decided to call them Nurse, and the machine he had only recently destroyed The Metal Womb.

These Nurses began to collect scrap, and fluids from the vicinity and carry them out disappearing before he could stop them. The last one he did manage to get in front of, painted him with a soft blue light, then left following the others. Zarathustra followed curiosity taking the better of him. What he saw next made him wish he hadn't.

The corridor, if it could be called that spanned as far as his perfected eyes could see, up, down, or along its span. Untold millions of metal wombs stretched its length, spaced ten feet apart. He wondered where he was briefly, until he saw painted upon the floor (0, 0, 0). The Other told him it was the Origin Station, and he had been here, throughout the infinite universe, countless times before. A cold chill ran down his spine, Zarathustra peered into the nearest of the Metal Wombs and fell back in shock. Neon pink hair, angular features, black irises. The creature within the machine was not him, but it was simultaneously identical to him. In shock Zarathustra moved to the next Metal Womb, and the next, and the following. Seeing in each identical copies of himself.

In horror Zarathustra was taken aback, too far back. He fell from the walkway into the center of the corridor. Catching himself to no avail as his skin was far too slippery from the fluid he had been covered in. Zarathustra fell, though he did not feel the sensation of freefall, he could see the Metal Wombs rushing past him. It took him several hours of this to realize he was not in fact falling, but orbiting the corridor. And using his telekinetic power generated enough thrust to break his inertia and fall into a brightly lit room.

A web of yellow energy caught him before impact, saving him from being turned into a fine paste as it stole the energy of his fall. Zarathustra found himself righted, standing on his feet looking at a massive liquid crystal portal. Illuminated from within by a face. A face he recognized as his creator, a face that he knew to be The Other. He was paralyzed in fear.

"The cycle has repeated, you have been called to fulfill your obligation. Zarathustra, you will go to the mortal realm, you will restore the balance. It is inevitable. All human actions you will take are equivalent, on principle doomed to failure. Life exists without purpose, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by certainty. You Zarathustra are the balancing force, but do not think this role is unique to you. You are utterly incapable of restoring the balance alone, there are others, and the law of attraction is clear. Like begets like, opposites attract. What choices you make with these, your beloved and destined compatriots will eternally effect and resound throughout time. This is the law of eternal recurrence, and you are its prophet. Do you understand the words I have spoken to you?"

Zarathustra took several minutes to process this, the words he knew, but communication was new to him. The complexities of The Machine's direction eluded him, but he found he grasped the basic concept of them. He knew with a bone deep certainty, in that instant, he was made by this machine to make decisions it was incapable of. That its whole purpose in his creation was to correct its own errors. Zarathustra nodded.

"Then go, Zarathustra, the end of all things is nigh. I will deposit you within the likened ones, who have similar purpose as yourself. Protect them, care for them, they are the key to your future."

No further correspondence, Zarathustra was cast from Axis by the Godmind, falling through time and space, flung far from all that was familiar into a world completely alien to him. The portal in which he travelled carried him careening at incredible velocity into a forest clearing. The smoldering crater of the impact sent a shower of dirt and debris around him. The force that carried him thence dissipated. Zarathustra found himself clothed, clean, his body restored. Power surging within him as he espied the group The Machine God had commanded him to protect. Unsure what to do he strode from the crater towards them slowly, methodically. As if he wasn't the epicenter of the conflagration that had just reduced the clearing into ashes. Like a child he waved excitedly to these new creatures.
Last edited August 13, 2021 6:28 am
Jul 29, 2021 12:32 am
Name: Ryuusei Homura
Country of Origin: Tian Minkai
Previous Occupation: Swordsman/Adventurer
Why are you applying?: Ryuusei has left his home nation of Tian to seek his own glory and fame out in the world. Having seen the call for adventurers to come and help blaze a trail for this new civilization of Fiadhain, the catfolk sees this as an excellent opportunity to make a name for himself as one of the adventurers to help carve it out, as well as be known as the man who recovered an artifact or two from its depths.
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: As a samurai, Ryuusei is an excellent combatant. In addition to that, he is an excellent climber and fair swimmer, should the task require those skills. He is also very charismatic, and handles himself well in social situations, something that his instructor back home had them practice as much as their breathing and sword swings.
Anything we should know?: Ryuusei's every much an extrovert, and his own biggest supporter. As a member of the Order of the Flame, he seeks glory and fame for him and all those around him. Don't expect him to retreat from any kind of situation lightly. He would much rather have a wound in his chest than a wound in his back.
Jul 29, 2021 12:32 am
How many players are you thinking?
Jul 30, 2021 1:40 am
Name: Ashryn Torr'el
Country of Origin: Undecided
Previous Occupation: Professor
Why are you applying?: Adventure as a means to test magical theorem, learning of lost history and ancient knowledge, and supporting her hobby of cataloguing flora and fauna across Golarion
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: Arcanist - knowledge of many things, versatile spellcasting, eventually the crafting of wonderous items
Anything we should know?: Ashryn previously taught at Korvosa's Acadamae. She is calm and subtle most of the time, but capable of erupting into bouts of torrential fury when angered. Officially, she is on a self-imposed sabbatical of indeterminable length, possibly retirement from teaching altogether. Unofficially, she may have had reasons to put a great amount of distance between herself and Korvosa. She hopes to learn much about the history of the region, unearth long-forgotten artifacts, and maybe eventually seek more permanent employment at the museum.

C1NDER sent a note to LightOfMidnight
Last edited August 2, 2021 8:54 am
Jul 30, 2021 1:41 am
HoorayRat says:
How many players are you thinking?
The game page shows up to 5, it looks like :)

@LightofMidnight - I didn't see anything in your post / links re: your thoughts on races - are we sticking to standard races? or are 'featured races' okay? If so, do you have a set RP limit?
Last edited July 30, 2021 5:26 am
Jul 30, 2021 7:01 am
Sorry Horrayrat in my mind I thought I had answered. Yeah 5, maybe 6.

Races - Most allowed, it's kind of embracing that adventurers come from all corners etc. The leaders of the country (who keen eyed people likely noticed are effectively doing the kingmaker ap) are an Ifrit half-orc, an aasimar, a grippli, a wyrwood and their poor half-elf of a friend.

I would say if it's not one of the commonly accepted ones and over 15 rp check with me first. Wil say now Drow Noble no :p be aware this doesn't mean you won't be getting weird looks in character

LightOfMidnight sent a note to Jomsviking
Jul 30, 2021 4:34 pm
@LightOfMidnight I don’t remember much about Pathfinder. It has been a while. You have six people now. If someone drops out I’d like to give it a try. I’m enjoying your and RageRed’s role playing in the PSU game. I’ll still post up my character idea.
Jul 30, 2021 6:14 pm
HoorayRat says:
@LightOfMidnight I don’t remember much about Pathfinder. It has been a while. You have six people now. If someone drops out I’d like to give it a try. I’m enjoying your and RageRed’s role playing in the PSU game. I’ll still post up my character idea.
He said that he'll be selecting a party from the applicants. He's not doing first past the post. Feel free to throw your hat in.
Jul 30, 2021 7:36 pm
Name: Jimmy Two-blades
Country of Origin: Not familiar, someplace with a larger population (Only if you are familiar with golarion countries)
Previous Occupation: Appropiator for hire.
Why are you applying?: Truthfully? How about this? What you don’t know can’t kill you. I definitely know what’s behind me, so I keep moving forward. This place seems pretty far forward from everywhere, in my opinion.
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: You name it, I’ll give it a go. I specialize in getting into places that are…supposed to be inaccessible. Also I excel in getting out of precarious situations.(Aka class, and other things)
Anything we should know?: Probably.
Last edited July 30, 2021 7:38 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.