Forgotten Fragments Pathfinder 1E: Recruiting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 30, 2021 10:20 pm
What town or city is the closest to where we will be? Just for base of reference?
Jul 30, 2021 10:53 pm
So you guys are in the Stolen Lands, a part that has recently been rebranded as Fiadhain, based in a town called Nodha which is on an island on Candlemere lake. (Effectively the Kingmaker AP is also happening, just that's not the story we are following)

Closest established canon country will be Brevoy.

Edit: Of course people will be travelling all over Golarion. But yeah base is in Stolen lands. There will be info on Fiadhain, Npdha Dachaigh-Sihe (The civilization that used to be in the stolen lands millenia ago) and other areas as they are created in the game. Fiadhain has celtic roots for its names, and you guys will hopefully discover its influences as the game goes on.
Last edited July 31, 2021 2:22 am
Jul 31, 2021 1:58 am
Name: Izzork
Country of origin: Kyonin (the Tanglebriar)
Previous occupation(s): raider, servant, labourer, adventurer
Why are you applying?: "A loud, fancy, man in Mivon said Izzork should come to Gaeta to look for lost things and would be given food. Seemed better than eel fishing so Izzork and Izzork's knife have come; ready to work for food." Izzork grins toothily.
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: "Izzork is good at talking and at killing things that can't be talked to." (Class: Slayer - probably).
Anything we should know?: Izzork is a jovial half-orc that doesn't let much get him down. Captured by elves during an ill-fated raid into Kyonin, Izzork convinced them to spare his life in return for indentured servitude. Izzork impressed the elves with his quick grasp of their language and culture and was eventually granted his freedom, whereupon he headed north into the chaotic, but potentially exciting, River Kingdoms. Both his name and his affectation for speaking in the third person developed during his time with the elves and he has since forgotten his birth name and rarely speaks in the more typical first person - Izzork appreciates when others underestimate his intelligence.

I also have a middle-aged, one-handed, human cleric of Calistria in the works and a rakish, morally grey, human bard as well. Happy to play any of those above three options or something else entirely - I'm not picky.

As for me, I haven't done much play-by-post, and this would be my first game on Gamers Plane, so I'll likely need a little coaching at first. I can post as often or as little as is required and am a Pathfinder 1e veteran with a modicum of knowledge about this region of Golarion.
Jul 31, 2021 3:08 am
LightOfMidnight says:
Jomsviking sent a note to Jomsviking
Whoops I forgot they are called Apkallu in Pathfinder. I'll change that right quick.

Also to clarify, Zarathustra is definitely a living human being. He was just made in a machine not born from a womb.
Last edited July 31, 2021 3:15 am
Jul 31, 2021 4:05 am
Well picked a homeland and a surname

Name: Emmeline Dawns (female human)
Country of Origin: Stoneclimb, Brevoy
Previous Occupation: Scout and watch member for town of Stoneclimb
Why are you applying?: have never been away from home, seeking adventure
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: Hunter with mountain lion companion named Itchy, scout
Anything we should know?: I rescued and raised Itchy, she was the only one of her litter that survived after her mother was caught in a trap and died. When I found the cub she was barely alive and infested with fleas. She was constantly scratching and biting herself all the time, for weeks after I found her. I didn't know if she would ever grow any of her fur back from all the damage she did to herself.
Last edited July 31, 2021 4:18 am
Jul 31, 2021 4:13 am
Evendurtallstag says:
HoorayRat says:
@LightOfMidnight I don’t remember much about Pathfinder. It has been a while. You have six people now. If someone drops out I’d like to give it a try. I’m enjoying your and RageRed’s role playing in the PSU game. I’ll still post up my character idea.
He said that he'll be selecting a party from the applicants. He's not doing first past the post. Feel free to throw your hat in.
Just casually pointing out I'm actually female, she/her pronouns, (Though you likely won't be the first or the last to mix it up). Though yes you are right, will be looking at characters as a basis for picking (with a slant towards those who don't have a game)
Jomsviking says:
LightOfMidnight says:
Whoops I forgot they are called Apkallu in Pathfinder. I'll change that right quick.

Also to clarify, Zarathustra is definitely a living human being. He was just made in a machine not born from a womb.
Just saying the only APkallu I can find has mythic ranks :P It is possible there is playable race I don't know, but cannot find it.
Jul 31, 2021 7:03 am
Right, they are capable of making humans, well actually any living being, in their cities on Axis. The Godmind does it occasionally when catastrophe strikes. Hence why Zarathustra was allowed to wake and fall to the prime material plane.
Jul 31, 2021 11:46 am
LightOfMidnight says:
Just casually pointing out I'm actually female, she/her pronouns, (Though you likely won't be the first or the last to mix it up). Though yes you are right, will be looking at characters as a basis for picking (with a slant towards those who don't have a game)
Apologies. I normally would have used they/them when referring to someone I don't know on the internet. Not sure why I didn't.
Jul 31, 2021 8:09 pm
Hello! Is this game beginner friendly? Would I have help in the mechanics and rules should I wish to join?
Jul 31, 2021 8:21 pm
I can help you build a character if you need, mechanics I am good at, I am learning the RP side more as I go in different games I am in.
Jul 31, 2021 8:28 pm
peachfuzz221 says:
Hello! Is this game beginner friendly? Would I have help in the mechanics and rules should I wish to join?
Definitely. I always love teaching new players, and this is definitely a more mix of RPing, puzzles and combat where it doesn't matter if your char is strong mechanically so hopefully a good introduction. If in your app you just put the sort of character you are thinking, then if successful (which if you don't have a game here yet is likely) we can work on the char gen together. The one thing to be aware of is that I have some house rules, but will make sure to point out what is due to house rules. (Its basically free feats, and a lot of extra skill points)
Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm
Rizzoxiii says:
I can help you build a character if you need, mechanics I am good at, I am learning the RP side more as I go in different games I am in.
I am the opposite. I have been an avid text role player for over a decade. It’s rpg mechanics and rules I need a grasp of. I would very much appreciate your help!
LightOfMidnight says:
peachfuzz221 says:
Definitely. I always love teaching new players, and this is definitely a more mix of RPing, puzzles and combat where it doesn't matter if your char is strong mechanically so hopefully a good introduction. If in your app you just put the sort of character you are thinking, then if successful (which if you don't have a game here yet is likely) we can work on the char gen together. The one thing to be aware of is that I have some house rules, but will make sure to point out what is due to house rules. (Its basically free feats, and a lot of extra skill points)
Wonderful! This would be my first game here. When I make an app I’ll be sure to contact you further so we can work on the basic and familiarize myself with your rules! Thanks in advance for being so welcoming!
Jul 31, 2021 8:49 pm
No problem, just let me know when you are ready
Jul 31, 2021 9:05 pm
Jomsviking says:
Right, they are capable of making humans, well actually any living being, in their cities on Axis. The Godmind does it occasionally when catastrophe strikes. Hence why Zarathustra was allowed to wake and fall to the prime material plane.
Right I've got you now. Sorry had in my head you were thinking of being an Apkallu, was tired on the read through. Actually a bit of golarion lore I didn't know, so congrats on that :P. Will do some reading, definitely sounds interesting.

On people new to pathfinder I'll likely have a thread waking through char gen as a group, while those who know what they are doing can go off and do it :P. (Or on discord if said people have discord). I have access to a program called herolabs so I can quite easily look up feats, archetypes etc for people, double check calculations, and even generate sheets (Though personally I don't think the sheets are user friendly, but that could very well be me)
Jul 31, 2021 11:09 pm
There is an android app that has everything in it also.

Pathbuilder 1e, can find it on Google play it is 99% of everything 1e and it generates both a character sheet or stat sheet that is pretty easy to use
Aug 1, 2021 12:06 am
Name: Bixena Bereldex
Country of Origin: Undecided
Previous Occupation: Animal Catcher
Why are you applying?: I'm tired of jumping hoops and scrounging through the mud to catch critters for a few measly coins. I want to put my talents to better use and find adventure. There has to be somewhere else that needs a handy halfling instead of a glorified rat catcher.
What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?: I'm about the size of a tom so I can squeeze through just about any tight spaces or small openings to unlock doors, sneak past any no-good buggars in our way, or just to nab a nice smellin' pie from an unsuspecting baker if we get hungry. I am pretty handy with a sling and not to toot my own horn, but I am a traps expert, settin' 'em up or spottin' 'em.
Anything we should know?: Bixena is not afraid to get dirty.

peachfuzz221 sent a note to LightOfMidnight
Last edited August 1, 2021 12:41 am
Aug 2, 2021 9:23 am
LightOfMidnight says:
Jomsviking says:
Right I've got you now. Sorry had in my head you were thinking of being an Apkallu, was tired on the read through. Actually a bit of golarion lore I didn't know, so congrats on that :P. Will do some reading, definitely sounds interesting.
To that effect I've provided a few paragraphs about how I see their technologies in my mind's eye. Why they have an infinite number of Zarathustra in storage, and what his particular mission is.

Think the Adam myth, with a dark and zany twist.
Aug 2, 2021 5:28 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/x81fCCNX/Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-18-36-11.png
Name: Sjak Cogwheel
Country of Origin: Janderhoff
Previous Occupation: Academic, Clockwork Engineer, tinkerer

Context:
Sjak has always been a brilliant sudent at the wizard academy in Jadenhoff, picking up concepts easier and faster that most, but reckless in his pursuit of knowledge and power, and was always very prone to rush through his experiments.
In one of his many attempts to rush through his wizard school training, He thought he had found a way to cast higher level spells by simply combining catalyst reeagents together with his spellcasting. However, this backfired. In mixing the wrong reagents of a spell too high for him to handle, the result was catastrophic, ending up costing him his right arm below the elbow and his right leg.

(pending GM approval, would love to use the loss of body part rules) and prosthetics

What relevant skills will you bring to an expedition team?:
An Exploiter Wizard has many tricks up his sleeve.
Sjak has spells and is keen to use them, always trying to find the smartest solution to a problem.
Sjak is also a tinkerer, and loves constructs. If you need anything built, mended, fixed or modified, I'm sure I can do it.
Due to his handicap he has created a Tiny Poppet Servant Lugnut, who is able to do some lifting and carrying for him.
https://i.postimg.cc/N0Zmm3kG/Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-18-42-41.png
Anything we should know?:
There is a stubborn pride that guides Sjak. He believes his handicap does not make him different to any other adventurer, and his knowledge of constructs more than makes up for what he is unable to do in the field. Sometimes that's his downfall.
Also his best friend at the time has become horribly disfigured, and he has been shunned from his house and academy. A part of him is running from this event, another part seeks reconciliation, perhaps with more maturity and growth, this will unfold.

Why are you applying?:
There is the thirst for advancing knowledge and experience, there is only so much Sjak can learn and do cooped up in his lab. Searching for relics will help him advancing his study of engineering and mechanics
His past is also a good reason to run away, in his home city he is now seen as reckless, and seen as guilty of crippling his friend for life. As much distance as he can put between himself and Jadenhoff, the better.
Finally, a chance to prove himself as an adventurer.

Note: I'm a long time Pathfinder pen and paper player, but this is my first attempt at PbP.
Last edited August 3, 2021 1:11 pm
Aug 3, 2021 11:48 pm
Hi guys,

Got a lot more interest than thought, and all characters look good so gonna be fun trying to pick. I've had a slight upset with work (yes again for those who know me. It's the nature of my line of work unfortunately) hence delays. Hope to start adding people tomorrow or Friday
Aug 4, 2021 2:08 am
LightOfMidnight says:
Hi guys,

Got a lot more interest than thought, and all characters look good so gonna be fun trying to pick. I've had a slight upset with work (yes again for those who know me. It's the nature of my line of work unfortunately) hence delays. Hope to start adding people tomorrow or Friday
No stress - Thanks for putting it all together, LightOfMidnight! :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.