Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
May 11, 2015 3:50 pm
"You say everyone is afraid to go back to the cave, yet you continue to mine? Don't get me wrong, I know the allure of stone and the pure joy being miles beneath the surface. Hard to resist that. But humans are a most superstitious lot, and you're troubles seem to be coming from this mine."
May 12, 2015 2:31 am
"I'm not talking about the mine my friend, I'm talking about a cave south of here," she replies flatly.
May 12, 2015 3:47 pm
Ewan bows his head respectfully. "Madam, I think we'll take you up on that offer to recover your lost gems. Come on, Ghelin. Let's not take up any more of her time."
May 12, 2015 4:07 pm
"We will be on our way. Just one last question. Had Gerona, may his soul rest in peace, been to this cave before his passing?"
May 12, 2015 8:04 pm
"No, he was in the mines from what I remember," she says.
May 13, 2015 2:16 am
"Cave? I hate caves." Kicsi thinks to herself as she squirms at the thought of becoming a halfling spelunker.
Last edited May 13, 2015 2:16 am
May 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Ghelin takes his leave, following Ewan in the direction of the cave. He sighs to his companions, "Let us get these gems for the lady. Maybe she will be more forthcoming with what is happening when the gems fill her pockets."
May 14, 2015 1:23 pm
You head out east along the Larch Path the next morning. The trial winds gently through farms and grassland for around eight miles before becoming gently hills. Shortly after noon the terrain becomes harsher with the fertile farm land giving way to barren rocky outcrops.

A short march later in a ravine, an exposed rock face is split by a vertical crevice about three feet wide and fifteen feet tall. Water trickles from the opening and spills into a nearby bog. In the mud around the crevice are many overlapping boot prints. Some head into the crevice, and some carry out.
May 15, 2015 2:35 am
"Excellent!! It appears that we've found the place."

OOC: Is there any type of cover around (brush, tall grass, etc?)
May 18, 2015 2:13 am
OOC: Being a bog only small plants poke out of the mud to a height of no more than two feet.
May 18, 2015 2:26 am
Turning to the others Kicsi whispers her intentions, "I'm going to sneak a peek inside. If you don't see me return to the entrance in five minutes it means something bad is happening."

With that Kicsi slowly works her way towards the crevice and if things look clear will make her way inside.

Rolls

Stealth (for the approach to the crevice) - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

May 18, 2015 2:43 am
The crevice leads twenty feet into the hillside before opening up into a cavern. Many trickles of water combine into a pleasant sound that echoes through the main room. The walls glisten with moisture and dim light fills the cavern coming from a whole in the ceiling to the outside world one hundred feet up. Stalactites and stalagmites litter the cavern.

As Kicsi admires the beauty of the room her gaze is quickly focuses upward to the origin of a high-pitched screetching sound. Flying straight at the hafling is a horrid bat-like creature. A long needle-like nose protrudes from its ugly head and the two foot mosquito-esque creature is looking to impale Kicsi!

OOC: Roll INIT
May 18, 2015 11:01 pm
Giving up on her attempt to stay hidden Kicsi yells, "GUUUUYYYYSSS!!!" at the top of her lungs as she reaches for Kard.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

May 19, 2015 5:06 pm
Ghelin feeling at home in this dimly lit cave says "Ah the sweet smell of the earth and a battle to spice it up. Today is becoming a much better day"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 19, 2015 5:58 pm
The creature glides down at the halfling letting out yet another high pitched screetch. Kicsi gets Kard up in time and the flying bat-like creature slams into the flat of the blade and bounces to the ground. It is quickly up and flying back towards the ceiling. As she follows the path of the creature towards the ceiling she grimaces to see three more of the "bats" making their way towards her!
May 19, 2015 10:03 pm
As the creatures approach Kicsi picks a target. "A little closer you ugly bird!!"

When her target is within range she slashes with Kard in her right hand and follows up with a swing from her left.

Rolls

Kard attack roll. - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Kard damage roll. - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Unarmed strike attack roll. - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Unarmed strike damage roll. - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

May 19, 2015 11:20 pm
Ghelin sees the creatures flying towards Kicsi, he sees the one Kicsi has picked out and runs to her side. Hefting his warhammer he swings the heavy weapon with both hands

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Damage (bludgeoning) - (1d10+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

May 20, 2015 2:44 am
Kard swings through the air with a whistle but misses. Her left hand found its mark however. Kicsi's fist smashed into the bat's skull with the snapping sound of bone breaking. It feel to the ground with a thud and was then pulverized into a pulpy mess as Ghelin's warhammer finished it off. The other three in the air let out shrieks of their own and descended upon the companions...
May 20, 2015 3:44 pm
Ewan rushes in as soon as he hears Kicsi's yell, short sword drawn for what he expects to be close-quarters combat.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

May 26, 2015 5:16 pm
The second creature swoops down and clamps onto Kicsi's left arm. She feels its teeth dig into her flesh and the strange and horrific sensation of her blood being sucked out.

OOC: 3 damage and the stirge is attached the remainder of this round. Disadvantage on movement.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.