Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
Jun 29, 2015 10:32 pm
The woman cowered on the ground as Mac stood above her. "I've said too much already, leave me be," she said curtly. Mac waved his hand over her head while chanting softly. Her safe softened and she finally, after a few minutes of struggle with the wizard, answered the question asked by Kicsi. "Larrakh is the leader of the Earth. He can read the stones. His tomb speaks to us."

Mac's spell finishes and she quickly snaps out of her trance and runs into her house and slams the door.
Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm
[Are there any other villagers nearby we can quickly shake down for information about Larrakh's tomb?]
Jun 30, 2015 4:19 pm
[Her stonecutters are all out back. They might be worth speaking with.]
Jun 30, 2015 11:04 pm
Looking over at Ewan, Kicsi shrugs her shoulders and says, "Maybe some of those fellas out back know something about this Larrakh character. I'll just take a quick pop back there and ask." Rounding the corner of the building, Kicsi spots a few of the workers and yells out, "Hello, gentlemen! Was wondering if any of you could tell me about Larrakh's tomb?"
Jul 3, 2015 2:26 pm
One of the stonecutters looks up from his work and then down again to set his eyes at Kicsi's levels. "Yes, little master," he says with a wink, brushing the blackened hair from his eyes. He motions the hafling closer. "Look, over there," he motions to a section of the hillside near one of the entryways down into the mines. "I've seen Albaeri approach that after dark with some of the men in robes and then disappear when I get closer."

He looks back over to Albert's house to make sure she hasn't come back out. "The man you speak of I don't know but have hear her and the robed ones talk about. Something foul is going on here." He grabs his tools and turns back towards his work. "Now I must return to my work. Tread carefully friend." He smiles and returns to his cleaving of a piece of rock.
Jul 6, 2015 8:05 pm
"Well, Kicsi? Should we head over there now, or wait til after dark?"
Jul 6, 2015 9:17 pm
"The cover of night would probably be the best time to check this out. Let's wait until then."
Jul 8, 2015 7:48 pm
You all sit back quietly and wait for darkness to descend upon the land.
Jul 8, 2015 9:27 pm
OOC: Is there anything in the immediate vicinity they might visit to waste some time?
Jul 9, 2015 1:22 pm
The town of Red Larch is rather large. I'm unfortunately away from home right now until Friday night (chicago time) and don't have access to my notes. Next door to the stone works is a small home where an elderly man is sitting out in front watching all of you with a grin.
Jul 10, 2015 9:36 pm
Kicsi catches the grinning man out of the corner of her eye and with a friendly wave approaches. "Greetings, Sir! How are you today?"
Last edited July 11, 2015 4:26 pm
Jul 11, 2015 1:28 pm
"I'm well," he replies, the grin still broad across his face. "Wondering about those robbed fellows are you now?" He shifts slightly in his chair while taking a drink from a large brown bottle. "Albaeri is up to something. Never trusted that one. I reckon you make your way down under the ground you'll see what those Earth types are playing around with down there."
Jul 13, 2015 10:04 pm
Kicsi moves in a little closer to the man so as to keep their conversation a little more private. "We're planning on taking a look around the mines once the sun has set." Reaching into her pack she retrieves a pouch of silver nuggets, taps a few of them into her palm, and smiles at her new friend. "Anything else you might be able to tell me before my colleagues and I head off on our little adventure tonight?"
Jul 14, 2015 3:30 am
The man opens his hand to accept the silver nuggets and leans in closer to the halfling. "When I was a boy my father told me of an...interesting discovery in the quarries. He was working one summer's day when the earth gave way in one of the tunnels revealing a network of passages. 'Ancient paths' my father called them. The bodies of miners were found but no clear reason was found as to why they died there. It's still a mystery." He leans in closer still and lowers his voice after taking a look around him to make sure no one else is listening. "The moving stones is the strangest though. My father said they would be found in different positions in the cavern throughout the ten-day. My father was convinced until his death that the moving stones were signs from the gods. They turned to calling themselves Believers and the entombed miners as Delvers watching over the caverns. Only a select few in Red Larch know about this; the present Believers. I don't understand the mystery much myself but am convinced that the strange happenings of late are connected." He leans back in his chair and then rises abruptly. "I wish you luck," he says turning to walk back into the house. "And be careful," he adds with a melancholy smile before going shutting the door.

OOC. This will conclude Chapter 1. Level up to 2 now if you would please before we begin Chapter 2: The Tomb of Moving
Stones!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.