Setting Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm
Modern-day is fine with me, but if we're going to do a religious camp, then my character will undergo one slight change. She hides a secret--that she is a Wiccan.
Aug 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Modern day is fine by me as well. I don't have any feelings one way or the other on the religious camp angle, but I'd say the same thing @bowlofspinich said... My character is just in it for some money before leaving for school at the end of the summer. He's pretty disinterested in the religious aspect of the camp and mostly just like getting kids to learn to paddle canoes and shoot bows and whatever other exercise the oversees as the Physical Fitness counsellor about the woods and stuff as the naturalist activities counselor.
Last edited August 23, 2021 7:59 pm
Aug 23, 2021 8:03 pm
We're horrible counselors. As we should be for a horror movie.

So far, we're just missing that one extremely excited and enthusiastic counselor that everybody ignores. Thought that could also be the NPC head counselor
Aug 24, 2021 12:03 am
Harrigan says:
Indeed! Bad kids can also steal our phones to demonstrate the inequity and fight the man!
Lol this is a great idea. People can also be clumsy and drop their phones into water, onto hard rocks, or forget to charge them lol. A variety of convenient plot devices, er, coincidences!
Aug 24, 2021 12:18 am
Making a quick list of the notable areas and which activities there are, roughly grouped into categories for each character.

Physical Fitness - Tennis courts, gym, volleyball, playground
Outdoors - Forbidden Hill, climbing tower and zip line, archery, maze, paintball
Water - swimming pool, docks, kayaking, the blob
Arts/Crafts - Short Memorial (Crafts), Loops Lodge (Music)
Cooking/Nurse station - Jensen building

Notes: The place is quite large, so we'll say this is the first time the camp reopened after some to-be-disclosed tragedy, the camp isn't at capacity and some features are unused: mini golf, barn (no animals), RV center, Retreat center, and Family Youth Dorm. This means most of the western half is "abandoned" except for the arts/crafts and music buildings, the tower, and the gym. Hopefully this makes them a little more foreboding if anyone has to travel there and makes the size more manageable for me lol.

Depending on how many players/characters we end up with, I can further divide these. Let me know if I missed anything or have any recommendations.
Aug 24, 2021 2:34 am
bowlofspinach says:

So far, we're just missing that one extremely excited and enthusiastic counselor that everybody ignores. Thought that could also be the NPC head counselor
Still looking for this poor exuberant
and animated counselor?
Aug 24, 2021 5:57 am
bowlofspinach says:

Feel free to go against some cliches on some things! Maybe someone is the actual good counselor who gets ridiculed by everyone else for taking the job too seriously. We could also use an older counselor, maybe someone retired or middle aged teacher who does this work during summer vacation for some extra money. Could be a troubled person doing community service after a run-in with the law. Lots of fresh ideas people can use!
Aug 24, 2021 1:05 pm
Food for thought!
Aug 24, 2021 3:37 pm
My character (as a martial arts instructor) is ready and submitted for approval, but if she's going to be a nurse instead, I just need to make one change.
Aug 24, 2021 4:28 pm
nezzeraj says:
bowlofspinach says:

Feel free to go against some cliches on some things! Maybe someone is the actual good counselor who gets ridiculed by everyone else for taking the job too seriously. We could also use an older counselor, maybe someone retired or middle aged teacher who does this work during summer vacation for some extra money. Could be a troubled person doing community service after a run-in with the law. Lots of fresh ideas people can use!
I like both of these!
Aug 24, 2021 4:41 pm
WhtKnt says:
My character (as a martial arts instructor) is ready and submitted for approval, but if she's going to be a nurse instead, I just need to make one change.
I'm aiming at the nurse if that's okay. Will post more about her shortly.
Aug 24, 2021 5:15 pm
Harrigan says:
WhtKnt says:
I'm aiming at the nurse if that's okay. Will post more about her shortly.
Don't shoot!
Aug 28, 2021 12:58 am
Hurricane time. Please be patient and, gods willing, I'll see you on the other side.
Aug 28, 2021 1:01 am
Hope to see you here on the other side of that. Good luck.
Sep 1, 2021 6:21 am
Ok I posted a new thread with all the camp info. I'll post a short summary of common knowledge about the camp tonight: history, current owners, important NPC names, etc. Should be able to get started this weekend at the latest! Let me know if I missed any fun camp activities or if anything I put is unrealistic. I've never actually been to summer camp lol.
Sep 1, 2021 3:21 pm
All you need to know is that with real camps counselors named Dacey are usually heavily armed, have armor, are left alone by killers, and generally get what they want.

;)
Sep 2, 2021 12:06 am
Harrigan says:
All you need to know is that with real camps counselors named Dacey are usually heavily armed, have armor, are left alone by killers, and generally get what they want.

;)
Huh, that is exactly the opposite of what I would've guessed. Thanks for the heads up, seems Dacey is safe this game!
Sep 2, 2021 1:52 am
Did I tell you about Jessica's ability to turn into a robodinosaur cop that shoots laser ninja ghosts which shoot animal pirate motif shurikens made of friendship?
Sep 2, 2021 6:15 am
This game is going to be easy!
Sep 2, 2021 6:27 am
In my counseling experience, Susans are usually masked slasher movie villains. So this game might take a different turn than expected 🪓😎
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.