Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

load previous
Jun 3, 2016 12:17 am
"Good morning to you as well, Firn. You look much refreshed today!" I nod animatedly. Our table has suddenly gotten very crowded.
Jun 3, 2016 3:22 am
Still quite not fully awake after a night of restless sleep Ütés makes her way to the table. She stops momentarily, wearily looking for an open seat, before taking a place with the others. "Morning" she mumble as she plops into an empty chair and stares at her empty plate.

"Where's the food?"
Jun 3, 2016 7:06 am
Here we go, Nix thinks to herself as she is asked about being a mystic. She puts down her fork and pushes away her plate. "I really wish Samuel would stop calling me that. I was wondering if you guys noticed. It's not something I go bandying about." Nix looks carefully at each of her new companions in turn. She sends psionic energy probing invisibly, testing their minds' defenses, then she sends telepathically, "I can do things with my mind. I can make you admit things, or believe things, or DO things. I can hurt you, too. I can defend myself I can kill if I have to. All with my mind." Nix releases the psychic link then. "I can try to do those things anyway. It doesn't always work. Some minds are too strong." She waits for the others to react, fearing the worst. "I love my abilities. I'm not ashamed. But sometimes it scares people. Or make them hate me."
OOC:
I would've gone with more of a demonstration but then I'd have burned all of my psi points for the day! :-D
Last edited June 3, 2016 7:06 am
Jun 3, 2016 8:26 am
Firn is completely silent and unblinking as Nix goes through her demonstration. After the gnome finishes, he asks in a monotone, "Is it powered by food?" His eyes cast down at her piled plate.
Jun 3, 2016 1:49 pm
Aelar listens to the words in his mind curiously, smiling, "I thought that might be the case, I've heard stories about other mystics. Not a very common skill, must be handy for all sorts of things! Is it a family trait of just a random ability?"
Jun 3, 2016 1:59 pm
At first when Nix begins to prove my mind, my mental defenses go up. Once I realize this is her doing and not some sort of attack, I relax and allow the message through. I nod at her, both intrigued and impressed. Perhaps this power is a more elegant form of a charm spell? I'll have to do more research! I reassure her. "You needn't worry! Fear stems from ignorance. Not that I'm saying... what I mean is..." I clear my throat. "If the term "mystic" is unacceptable to you, what would you prefer this power of yours to be called?"
Last edited June 3, 2016 2:00 pm
Jun 3, 2016 3:13 pm
Nix breathes a sigh of relief, and lets go of her dagger, which she'd been grasping under the table, charged with psychic energy. She giggles at Firn's question. "Is it powered by food?! I suppose it is! Haha!" She resumes her assault on the tower of pancakes on her plate. "My family were all killed two years ago, and the Daggers took me in. I don't know if anyone in my family ever had abilities like mine." As the reality of her new companions' acceptance dawns on her, Nix becomes more relaxed and animated. "I don't like being called a 'Mystic'. 'Psion' sounds better to me, but I don't like to be called anything, really. I'm a spy for the Daggers, but I'm still just Nix." the gnome shrugs.

Suddenly, Nix realizes the stern human warrior hasn't said anything. That one hadn't even bothered responding yesterday when Nix and Firn had introduced themselves. Nix looks up slowly, on guard again.
Last edited June 3, 2016 3:14 pm
Jun 3, 2016 4:00 pm
Still unsure what to make of her new companions the gnome's willingness to probe her mind without permission doesn't sit will with Ütés.

Raising an eyebrow as she stares at the gnome Ütés says in a calm tone "Please don't do that unless it's necessary, Psion."
Jun 3, 2016 4:28 pm
"Fair enough." Nix replies with a small smile. "I wouldn't like someone digging around in my head either. And trust me, I don't enjoy being in other people's heads... I almost never like what I see." Nix finishes off her breakfast with a jug of milk. "That's why I like to think happy thoughts!" She wipes away the milk mustache with her sleeve. "So. Our mission. Something to do with rescuing a Prince? And what d'you all think of this Bill person?"
Last edited June 3, 2016 9:03 pm
Jun 6, 2016 4:31 pm
"Utes can tell you all about the prince. As for Bill, he saved Talia's life, so I have nothing but good things to say about him until her somehow shows me otherwise."
Jun 6, 2016 10:10 pm
"I've been tasked with, once again, rescuing the good prince from a disaster of his own creation" Ütés says with a sigh. "Normally the fool just runs off drunk and gets lost, and I have no doubt that is how this whole mess started as well." She pauses for a quick second as she begins testing her wounds from the previous fight, "This time, however, he seems to have gotten himself into serious trouble, and I will not let harm come to my king's son."
Jun 6, 2016 11:42 pm
"The prince is your son?" asks Firn.
Jun 7, 2016 1:19 am
Ütés stares blankly at Firn.
Jun 7, 2016 3:09 am
Firn stares blankly at Ütés. Perhaps the water genasi heard her incorrectly. "Your son, you won't let harm come to him?"
Last edited June 7, 2016 3:11 am
Jun 7, 2016 3:14 am
"My king's son. The prince is the king's son, not mine!"
Jun 7, 2016 3:25 am
Firn nods, understanding at last. "Yes, royal rank must be preserved. You can still consider him your stepson through marriage, yes?"
Jun 7, 2016 4:28 am
Aelar bursts out laughing at this point and claps Firn on the back, "It's gonna be an interesting little adventure, don't you think?"
Jun 7, 2016 7:31 am
Nix giggles. "Oh it'll be interesting, for sure!" she says, getting to her feet. "I suppose we should go see Samuel now, unless you guys have other stuff to take care of?"
Jun 7, 2016 11:21 am
Ütés once again gives her new companion a blank stare. She starts to talk but as soon as she opens her mouth she reconsiders and simply shakes her head.

"Perhaps I'll explain it to you another time."
Jun 7, 2016 12:04 pm
Peering up from my book, I see everyone is finished with breakfast. "Oh yes, Samuel. Should we pick up supplies first before we go to see him?" I wonder if they have any other magical items that I could get my hands on...
load next

Thread locked