Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

Jun 29, 2016 6:50 pm
"Should I go find 'em? I bet I could find 'em! Maybe they're in the dining hall having second breakfast?" Nix says hopefully.
Jun 29, 2016 9:43 pm
Easily knocking Gork's scimitar to the side with her shiny new shield Ütés flinches as she sees magical darts fly towards the archer out of the corner of her eye.

"Couldn't resist getting a little dirty, eh?" she yells in Elvish to Xadira, "Glad to have your help!"

"And now for you, my ugly little friend..." she says to Gork as her blade flashes before him.
OOC:
+10 attack bonus is insanely cool!
Last edited June 29, 2016 9:44 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Sword Attack #1 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 7 ) + 10 = 17

1d8+7 - ( 1 ) + 7 = 8

Sword Attack #2 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 9 ) + 10 = 19

1d8+7 - ( 3 ) + 7 = 10

Jun 29, 2016 9:53 pm
The blade slices through Gork's free arm like it wasn't even there. The limb flails and twitches in the air and slumps to the ground. It takes a second to register with Gork as he screams out in anger and pain, dropping his sword with a clatter he clutched his stump of an arm.

Wait, wait. Don't kill Gork. I know things!, he pleads for his life.

The archer has an arrow drawn on Xadira, but hesitates.

Gork, what you doing. They'll kill us if we talk!, the archer says, still aiming his bow at Xadira, ready to lose another arrow if she makes a move.
Jun 29, 2016 9:59 pm
Stopping in mid attack Ütés pauses for a second before responding to the kobold's plea. "Tell your archer to lower his bow. I won't ask a second time!" She raises her blade to drive home the point that she isn't bluffing.
Jun 29, 2016 10:04 pm
Gork signals his man, then returns to clutching his bleeding stump. The archer reluctantly lowers his weapon, the arrow remaining in the bow.

Gork, we shouldn't be talking to these people. He wouldn't like it, the archer says, more annoyed this time.
Jun 29, 2016 10:14 pm
"Your only chance at leaving this place alive is if you talk" Ütés announces loudly enough for the archer to hear her without taking her eyes off of the one-armed bandit.

Pointing her blade squarely at Gork's chest, "Start talking."
Jun 29, 2016 10:34 pm
Oh, thank you thank you. Gork know many things. He no want us to tell, but you very nice, you no kill us if we tell, right?, Gork asks, on his knees groveling at your feet.

Gork! They kill us either way. You fool, the archer says.
Jun 29, 2016 11:03 pm
Not comfortable having anything grovel at her feet Ütés gives the creature a quick nudge with her boot "Stand up... And keep your distance!"

"Let me make this very simple for the both of you. You talk now and we won't kill you where you stand. Any more games, or lip from that one" she motions to the archer "and the deal is off. TALK!"
Last edited June 29, 2016 11:03 pm, a total of 1 time
Jun 30, 2016 1:53 am
Oh yes, yes. You see Gork is leader. Gork knows the plan. He said no say plan, but I tell you plan. The one with the instruments. He give us plan. He promise us whole bunch of gold. All we have do is..., Gork starts to say. Then, quicker than the eye can follow it happens.

The archer draws his arrow, aims, and let's fly. You heard the feathers of the arrow ruffle momentarily then a THUNK as it buries itself deep into the head of Gork. The arrow protrudes from his eye socket with an eye pierced on the end of it. Gork lets out only a mild sigh before he crumples to the ground.

Gork is fool!, the archer shouts, knocking another arrow and drawing it to aim at Utes, You kill us if we talk or kill us if we no talk. You let us live and he kill us for talking. I rather die fighting than die a fool.

The archer lets his arrow fly at Utes and then runs down the pipe behind him (30 feet down the pipe).
OOC:
I believe at this point Utes has lost visual sight of the archer in the dark of the sewers, though I believe Xadira has darkvision and can still see him making his escape down the tunnel.

Rolls

Archer vs Utes - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 - ( 7 ) + 4 = 11

1d6+2 - ( 4 ) + 2 = 6

Jun 30, 2016 1:58 am
"No you don't!" Ütés yells as she gives chase through the muck. Finally catching up to the archer she lashes out at him with her sword.
OOC:
She is going to use an Action Surge to take another move action, which should be enough for her to catch him. If not, I'll rewrite the relevant part of the post.

Rolls

Sword Attack #1 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 18 ) + 10 = 28

1d8+7 - ( 7 ) + 7 = 14

Sword Attack #2 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 19 ) + 10 = 29

1d8+7 - ( 1 ) + 7 = 8

Jun 30, 2016 2:06 am
Utes
You catch up to the running figure, stumbling through the muck as you try to see your way in the dark. Green gives chase and casts a light spell that illuminates your target as you catch up to the fleeing archer. With two quick slashes you quarter the kobold mid-stride. He hits the ground with a Splortch as his pieces split apart. The sharpness of this sword is unparalleled.

Green catches up to you and looks over the kobold. I must relay news of this to Samuel and the high council immediately. He turns and puts the rag back over his nose and mouth to block out the smell of the sewers as he heads back. I believe you two have a train to catch, and no doubt Samuel will be there, we should go.
Jun 30, 2016 2:16 am
Swinging her blade to whip it clean of kobold blood Ütés sheaths it in a quick motion and then nods to Green. "Lead the way."
Jun 30, 2016 2:30 am
Green leads both of you back out of the sewers and into the Market Hall once again. He locks the gate closing the path to this section of the sewers. Soon you find your way down to the train station with the rest. Samuel seems surprised to see Green with you as well, you both also look fairly dirty from the sewers, except for Xadria who undoubtedly has cleaned herself several times with magic on the way to the station.

Green discusses something to the side with Samuel who gets a look of concern across his face. Samuel nods to Green and moves out to address the group.
Jun 30, 2016 2:34 am
Alright, I'll make the brief. It seems we have another pressing issue to deal with in the sewers. This Sub Way train will take you directly to Salar, it will arrive there in two days, taking a very direct route. You have a company of soldiers that will be riding in the first two cars and the third car is your bunks. The fourth car is Phina's lab. For mission security only she will have access to the car. Can't have idle hands mucking about in the workshop. I wish you all luck in your mission. Are there any other questions before you go?

He awaits any further inquiry.
Jun 30, 2016 2:56 am
Firn idly sniffs. He frowns, smells the inside of his collar, and shrugs.
Jun 30, 2016 3:35 am
"Are these carts powered by some form of high-level magic? The sheer size and weight of each cart would be extremely difficult to propel, especially at high speeds. Do you plan on... miniaturizing it in some way to lessen the load? Hmmm. Curious." I take a closer look at any visible machinery and attempt to poke and prod at it while at the same time mentally leafing through the Dagger's book of magical artifacts for any plausible explanation. Perhaps multiple artifacts make this form of travel possible?
Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm
"Let's get this show on the road," Aelar says, eager to finish up this dangerous mission.
Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm
Xadira
Thorne, the ratman who has been tinkering in the front metal car pops out at all of your inquiry. Nuh, ma'am. Nuh magic here. This is mostly the engineering of the gnome tinkers. They've done some incredible things with the power of steam and coal. This may be one of their most incredible yet.

Phina walks near the conversation absolutely beaming with pride.

You all soon find your way onto the train, your bunk car is not the most spacious or luxurious, but each of you has a cot and a small foot locker in case you want to store anything there. The assortment of guards fill up the first two cars after the engine. The windows provide a view, but it sounds like much of that view will be of underground tunnels as this is tunneled into the ground to keep it out of the eyes of the enemies of the Daggers.

With a sudden loud shrill call a whistle blows and you start hearing a chugging sound and loud bursts of steam as the cars start to lurch forward. It starts at a crawl, but after a few minutes the whole train has gained some speed and it seems to gain more with every passing minute. Soon it seems to be moving along faster than any cart you've ever ridden in before. You think you may even be going faster than a fast ship in the ocean.
OOC:
It's time to start the last Chapter as planned. Surprised this interlude lasted as long as it did but I had a bunch of fun running it with the new people. Let's start this train ride right! I'll be posting a new thread up probably this afternoon or tonight.
15 of 15
<< First < 13 14 15

Thread locked