Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

Jun 24, 2016 4:03 pm
Firn has stopped listening to Nix as soon as the train was revealed. Of all the subversions of the natural world present within a city, this surely demonstrates the mortal desire to control the environment. The druid can only stand in shock and awe at the unbelievable monstrosity before him, and he instinctively flinches at each burst of escaping steam.
Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm
Nix goggles at the contraption and starts clambering about, poking things and peering in through the windows. She starts peppering Samuel with endless questions. "Are we riding in that? Are those wheels? Is this going to be pulled by horses? How fast does it go? What's the steam for? What time is lunch?..."
Jun 24, 2016 10:50 pm
No point in delaying the inevitable

Arming her shield and drawing her new sword Ütés whispers to green, "They know someone is down here. Let's make them think it's just me." With an awkward wink she stands tall and walks into the middle of the intersection.

In her best 'damsel-in-distress' voice, which isn't very good, she calls out, "Help me! I'm lost!"
OOC:
AC of 20 with the shield
Last edited June 29, 2016 2:43 am, a total of 1 time
Jun 27, 2016 3:04 pm
Utes
You step out into the clearing doing your best damsel in distress voice. You see just outside a tunnel across from you a small kobold soldier. He is ready with a bow and arrow drawn on you. Next to him is who you could only guess to be Gork. A slightly larger kobold that holds a crooked scimitar and rides upon a giant lizard.

Who are you, why have you trespassed in Gork's sewers?, the mounted kobold asks, clearly referring to himself.
OOC:
Utes, give me a deception check with disadvantage. Considering you have a sword and shield drawn, and are in full armor, it may be hard to bluff a damsel in distress. I'm going to roll an intelligence check for Gork against your roll to see if he can see past your lie.
Xadira
You move down the tunnel towards the sounds you hear and find Green standing in the tunnel looking into another small clearing. Looking past him you see Utes' confronting two kobolds. One is riding a very large lizard. Green motions for you to be quiet.

Rolls

Gork Intelligence Check - (1d20-1)

Jun 27, 2016 10:16 pm
"Please tell Gork to forgive me. I've simply become lost and, uh, found this shield and sword along the way. Can you help me get out of here?"

Even Ütés is tiring of playing the damsel and she tightens the grip on her sword accordingly.

Rolls

Deception (Disadvantage) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 - ( 14 ) + 1 = 15

1d20+1 - ( 17 ) + 1 = 18

Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
And your armor?, the kobold asks. He seems to be seeing through your ruse, well crafted it may have been.

I tell you what. How about Gork just kill you now and claim sword for himself? How that sound?, he asks, pointing his scimitar towards you. Gork JR could use a good meal, he adds, patting the lizard he is riding.
Jun 27, 2016 10:27 pm
"Come and get it, Dork!" Ütés says, chuckling internally at her joke, even though she realizes the creature probably won't appreciate the subtle word play.
OOC:
Circlet of Mother F'ing Blasting Time!
Three rays of fire, one for each target.
EDIT: BALLS!!!
Last edited June 27, 2016 10:28 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Scorching Ray #1 (Archer) - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 - ( 6 ) + 2 = 8

2d6 - ( 2, 1 ) = 3

Scorching Ray #2 (Gork the Dork) - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 - ( 7 ) + 2 = 9

2d6 - ( 5, 5 ) = 10

Scorching Ray #3 (Lizard) - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 - ( 9 ) + 2 = 11

2d6 - ( 1, 1 ) = 2

Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm
Gork quickly pulls his lizard mount to the right as your circlet lets three searing rays of heat fly through the clearing, Slade, kill her!

The other kobold, Slade, rolls to the left and lets an arrow fly, having readied his shot to retaliate if you made a move.
OOC:
All three shots from the ray missed. Slade had a readied action that was triggered in your attack.

Grok looks ready to move, he used a Dodge action on his turn so attacks against him will be at disadvantage. The giant lizard moved about halfway across the area when he moved out of the way of your bolt.

Utes and Xadira may act now if they so choose. I'm not going to do a hard initiative on this, just describe out actions, and the lizards will retaliate. More just a group based initiative.

Rolls

Slade attack vs. Utes - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 - ( 13 ) + 4 = 17

1d6+2 - ( 4 ) + 2 = 6

Jun 28, 2016 5:16 pm
At the Sub Way Station
Samuel is being peppered with questions from Nix as Firn tries to not lose his lunch over the travesty of nature before him.

As much as I would love to answer all of your question, Samuel states, clearly lying, I should defer you to the Engineer who will be piloting the Sub Way. He leads you to the ratman who has gone to work on part of the large metal engine up front. Another burst of steam billows out around him and you hear him pounding away at something metal with something metal as he is half-way inside the main engine compartment. A few curse fly out from his mouth in common as he continues to hit whatever it is he is hitting.

Thorne, Samuel calls to the ratman, Thorne, I have someone here who would like to ask you something, he says as he backs away from Nix and starts to move back further away towards the entrance.

The ratman turns to the small purple gnome. Yeah, whaddaya want?
Jun 28, 2016 5:19 pm
At the Sub Way Station

Firn turns to Samuel and, clearly uncomfortable, asks, "We go inside this thing? Like a boat?" It seems obvious he is trying to return to familiar ground, as it were.
Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm
Firn
Samuel laughs heartily and slaps you on the back, clearly not registering your discomfort. Eh, well you do go in it. I guess you could think of it as a boat, except that it sails underground, on metal tracks on the ground, and it's driven by boiled water forced to push those wheels along. Though, I don't know many ships that sail in tunnels carved and blasted through the landscape. As you can imagine we need to keep this thing underground to keep our traveling secret.

Samuel stands and marvels at the Sub Way, clearly a source of pride for The Daggers.
Jun 28, 2016 5:28 pm
I ready myself, then take several steps forward before hurling fire at the mount. "Stop what you're doing, there!"

Rolls

Fire bolt - (1d20+8, 1d10)

1d20+8 - ( 12 ) + 8 = 20

1d10 - ( 2 ) = 2

Jun 28, 2016 5:31 pm
At the Sub Way Station

"Okay," says Firn, more to himself. "It's like a boat." He stands there with Samuel, at a loss for what to do next.
Jun 28, 2016 10:45 pm
Sword ready, Ütés rushes the mount, taking aim for the beast's head and neck as she brings the blade down on her first strike and following with a backhand swipe with her second.

Rolls

Sword Attack #1 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 11 ) + 10 = 21

1d8+7 - ( 4 ) + 7 = 11

Sword Attack #2 / Damage - (1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 - ( 18 ) + 10 = 28

1d8+7 - ( 4 ) + 7 = 11

Jun 29, 2016 3:24 am
As Utes charges the mount, Gork Jr., she feels a small fire mote fly past her and scorch the side of the mount slightly. You also become aware that the voice you heard sounded like Xadira.

You meet the beast and swiftly remove his head (not with special power, but more with sheer brute force). The blade is met with only the slightest of resistance. As the mount dies it's body, flips around and starts to twitch and writhe, throwing Gork. He hits the ground and rolls, coming up right next to Utes.

Gork Jr, NO!, he screams as he unleashes his scimitar at Utes.

Meanwhile, the archer kobold has already knocked another arrow and loses it at Utes as well. The two seem to work in tandem giving the archer a better shot.
OOC:
Kobold archer gets advantage on the roll because of the kobolds pack tactics.

Wow...that's a lot of 5's rolled.

It is the hero turn again.

Rolls

Gork vs Utes - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 - ( 5 ) + 4 = 9

1d6+2 - ( 5 ) + 2 = 7

Archer (advantage) vs Utes - (1d20+4, 1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 - ( 5 ) + 4 = 9

1d20+4 - ( 5 ) + 4 = 9

1d6+2 - ( 2 ) + 2 = 4

Jun 29, 2016 3:36 am
I stop a good distance away from the fray, positioning myself so that I have a clear view of the archer. In a somewhat flaily motion, I send three magic missiles towards the archer, hoping to get his attention off of Ütés and onto me.

Rolls

Magic Missile- level 1 - (1d4+1, 1d4+1, 1d4+1)

1d4+1 - ( 1 ) + 1 = 2

1d4+1 - ( 2 ) + 1 = 3

1d4+1 - ( 3 ) + 1 = 4

Jun 29, 2016 3:42 am
Three magical darts briefly light up the dark dank sewer and extinguish just as quickly on the body of the archer. He hisses in pain and staggers sideways, barely keeping his footing and his weapon in his hands.

Scathis cassar!, he hisses out in Draconic as he is readying another arrow, his focus now on the caster.
Jun 29, 2016 3:44 am
At the station

Samuel looks over to you Firn, Wonder where Utes and Xadira got off too. Figured the elf would be down here talking my ear off about the train, though I guess we have Nix for that too.
Jun 29, 2016 1:26 pm
"Hmmm... It's not like Utes to be late like this," Aelar says, "Hope everything is alright."

Aelar sits down on a bench and releases the blade of his sword to inspect it closer, far more interested in this than in the train.
Last edited June 29, 2016 1:27 pm, a total of 1 time
Jun 29, 2016 3:39 pm
At the station

"Maybe they got lost," offers Firn. His own inner thoughts attempt to backtrack his route from the station, but it quickly fades into fog.
14 of 15
<< First < 12 13 14 15 >

Thread locked