3. The voyage

load previous
Sep 16, 2021 1:55 pm
OOC:
If people and vehicles would stop breaking in my household, I would appreciate it. I've been backlogged due to consistent RL issues that ensured three weeks of irregular activity.
The elf blew out a sigh. He looked over the maps and frowned. Their first foray turned into a wasted delay. He turned toward the First Mate and said, "Well, now we know where we are more precisely. An expensive exercise in navigation. Adjust course for the second portal. We have lost enough time driving in the dark."
Sep 16, 2021 2:04 pm
Khezzik spends the time diligently practising his spellcraft, now that Takeshi and Turner have started him down the path.

When he's not doing that, he's scurrying all over the ship, double and triple-checking that there aren't any secret compartments that they don't already know about.
Sep 16, 2021 2:05 pm
OOC:
It's been awhile but I think Turner offered Vanessa to stay in her room being the only other woman but maybe that was an internal crew conversation and needs to be vocalized to Vanessa.
Sep 16, 2021 5:59 pm
OOC:
I do not recall at this moment, I agree vocalization would be for the best.
Sep 17, 2021 8:33 am
Once it was decided the risk outweighed the reward to delay at the Dwarven citadel then the No Place Like Home was quickly underway. Turner took up position by the gun mounted on deck as the party left port in case their departure proved problematic. From her place on deck, the wizard could see the tentative moves of their newest member. Waving the other woman over, Vanessa, there is not enough cabins on the ship for everyone onboard. I happen to have the First Mate's cabin at the top of the deck across from the Captain's. You are welcome to bunk in my room if you wish.
Sep 17, 2021 5:54 pm
You travel to the other portal and when you open a portal in the crystal spheres shell, your ship glides into a turbulent, unstable,
multicolored, fluorescent gas-like medium. This is the Phlogiston which fills the regions between Crystal Spheres. For lack of a better
definition, it is a river in which all Crystal Spheres bob, weave, and float. Its currents carry the spheres around a shifting stream, ever moving - and you move fast in this gas.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHprXFNWoAAN7fz.jpg:large
OOC:
15 days in the Phlogiston
You all end up spending some time in the pilot chair, the helm - if you have spellslots, but other than that how do you spend your time?
runekyndig sent a note to The_Librarian,kadeton,Galdr,CherokeeWind,deadpool_qc
Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm
CherokeeWind says:
Vanessa, there is not enough cabins on the ship for everyone onboard. I happen to have the First Mate's cabin at the top of the deck across from the Captain's. You are welcome to bunk in my room if you wish.
Vanessa is already briskly approaching Paige and her offer. "You mean it?" She wears an expression of contemplation for a few seconds despite already deciding her answer; force of habit - don't want to seem too eager to accept a deal.

"Very well. I would enjoy that." Now Vanessa just has to remember proper room-sharing etiquette.
As it turns out, there isn't a terrible deal of excitement contained in several weeks worth of travel. Fortunately Vanessa came prepared: Setting up her personal brewery station in the kitchen ("galley", a word she can't say with a straight face) to concoct an alcohol with a small distillation time, a reasonable flavor, and a smooth finish. Perhaps a brandy or sweet wine (but not too sweet). She hums softly as she works, looking totally engrossed in the process.

Of course it doesn't take all of her time, which leaves her with the excellent opportunity to get to know everyone. Her method of learning: combat. When she is able to gather most/all of the party together -perhaps during a light breakfast- she asks the big question. "Would anyone care to spar?"
OOC:
Should I make any kind of rolls for making the alcohol?
Sep 19, 2021 8:15 pm
OOC:
There is a fully stocked artificers lab, where you easily can produce some alcohol. Unless you are aiming to get the alcohol % above 40, then no roll is needed.
Sep 22, 2021 8:04 pm
[ +- ] your travel plan
You travel through the Phlogiston. Inside it is not bad, outside the "air" has a sharp tint, like alcohol fumes.

After two weeks you can see a crystal sphere up ahead. Takeshi opens a portal in the sphere and you are now in the Amonkhet system. You can see 5 planets.

In clear contrast above a lush planet, you see a sort of winged bird creature.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/d0/fe/dbd0fe5f8ca311282fb0fc71a9ca4e65.jpg
[ +- ] creature
Sep 23, 2021 1:42 am
Takeshi's Transit

The elf settled into the captain's quarters, poring over his notes and the maps. He made light use of the alchemist station, mainly to mix incense or cleaning agents. He kept his quarters clean and scented in the aromas that spoke of the shrines where he learned his art. The scrivener invoked his scroll's spirit, forming its pulsing characters this time.
[ +- ] The Ephemeral Mon
These drifted to the helm and hovered. The wizard drew forth diamond dust and drew the runes in his room, then poured his mana into them. At the opposite end of the vessel, the floating characters channeled the energy to infuse the ship's command center. Then the wizard communed with the astral cords that invisibly connected the realms as he reached out his conscious and conversed with the mind of his friend in Waterdeep.

"Abducted unexpectedly. Turner accompanies. Please watch my shop and send cadaver to city Watch. Victim of its own wild magic. Enroute from afar. Expect delays."
OOC:
Galdr sent a note to runekyndig
Cast Sending to Waterdeep mage friend, likely Turner's master.
The Arrival

Takeshi stood upon the command deck. He stared at the great beast in front of him and marveled at its appearance, as well as the land before them. He announced, "It would be good to resupply, though let's keep our presence masked and path out of alignment with the beast."
OOC:
Ask the helmsmen to cloak. Rolls to see if Takeshi knows this creature. Passive perception of 17 and Passive investigation of 22 for any other anomalies or abnormalities in view.

Edit: Arcana 19. The code for my browser extension wonked on the Arcana roll.
Last edited September 23, 2021 1:43 am

Rolls

Arcana +10 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 23, 2021 6:30 am
OOC:
You send a short message of twenty-five words or less to a creature with which you are familiar. The creature hears the message in its mind, recognizes you as the sender if it knows you, and can answer in a like manner immediately. The spell enables creatures with Intelligence scores of at least 1 to understand the meaning of your message.
You can send the message across any distance and even to other planes of existence, but if the target is on a different plane than you, there is a 5 percent chance that the message doesn’t arrive.
OOC:
Your ship can't cloak. It has an illusion that can cover the cross and skull bones
Takeshi has never seen or heard about such creature before.

Rolls

sending check - (1d100)

(66) = 66

Sep 23, 2021 1:51 pm
OOC:
Yep, tracking the slight percentage for misfiring the spell. I figured you'd want to roll that.

Ok. I got my spelljammer ship wires crossed. The planer raider I gave my players has a cloaking function.
Sep 24, 2021 6:37 pm
Vanessa hurries above deck to get the best view possible, excitement in her eyes as she questions what mysteries lie on each spherical surface. "Which one shall we visit? That one straight ahead?" She points, as if it was not in plain view.
Sep 26, 2021 9:04 pm
OOC:
The closest green planet is the one where you saw the creature. Are you going towards that one?
Sep 27, 2021 4:58 pm
OOC:
Do the other planets look habitable?
Sep 27, 2021 6:25 pm
From the sun
1st planet
https://star-name-registry.com/blog/user/pages/01.item/top-15-fictional-planets-in-science-fiction/name_a_star-planets-11.jpg
2nd planet
https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/system/resources/detail_files/2145_vulcansmaller.gif
3rd planet
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/7c/1e/7b7c1ed35f133fc725e03a845ff99075.jpg
4th planet
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/d0/fe/dbd0fe5f8ca311282fb0fc71a9ca4e65.jpg
5th planet
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/alldimensions/images/4/47/False_Color_View_of_Mercury.png

It looks like it is the 4th planet that has the most potential for life. While the 3rd planet does have a weather system, it doesn't really have any landmasses to speak of.
Sep 28, 2021 2:22 am
OOC:
Looks like 4th rock from the sun !
Sep 28, 2021 4:57 am
OOC:
Yeah, let's try the planet that looks like an RPG world map first. ;)
Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm
OOC:
Or waterskiing on the 3rd planet
Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm
OOC:
I don't know. The 3rd one looks like Mon Calamari. We could go fishing!

4th leads us toward the beast.
Takeshi listened to the crew and remarked, "If we sail for land, everyone to their battle stations. That great, terrible lizard may give us havoc if it turns about."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.