Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Nov 9, 2016 8:07 pm
Now's my chance! I charge again, attempting to sink my fangs into him.

Rolls

Pack tactics - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

2d6+3 : (21) + 3 = 6

Nov 9, 2016 8:14 pm
Xeliss rushes forward and snaps her jaws down on the Pudding King's head. He screams, "You haven't won! No! We will rise from our children! We will be reborn from the Faceless Lord! Juiblex will consume the banquet of the Queen of Fungi and we ... will ... all ... grow ... !" he says, and then the pressure becomes too much and his skull is crushed under the weight of the dire wolf's jaws.
OOC:
1,000 xp each!
Nov 9, 2016 8:25 pm
Hunter sweeps her gaze across the chamber, looking for any other threats, even as she ponders the Pudding King's final words. She begins to make her way to the throne and the elemental, and sends a Message to one she hopes is nearby.

Sarith, are you still alive and with the Diggermattocks?

Rolls

Juiblex? Queen of Fungi? Arcana? - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Nov 9, 2016 8:38 pm
"Is everyone alright?" Mai’ngor asks, sheathing his shortsword but keeping Sinag aloft and shining brightly. He inspects the shattered throne, whispering to the sword as he does so, "What do you see? Is it over? Are we safe?"
Nov 9, 2016 8:43 pm
I sniff out the area for any additional threats.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

Nov 9, 2016 8:59 pm
It appears that Sarith is too far away to receive your message, because he doesn't respond. Hunter remembers back to her arcane training and remembers that Jubilex, the Faceless Lord, is the demon lord of oozes.

Sinag communicates with Mai'ngor, Things seems safe for now, I can sense no other danger here

Xeliss sniffs around, but isn't able to find any threats nearby.
Nov 9, 2016 9:02 pm
"I am all right," says Hunter. "See if his royal majesty had anything useful in his pockets. I'd like to see what's so special about this chamber that he decided to place his throne here. Afterward, we'll want to join up with the others and inform them that this area is under new management." The sorcerer picks through the shattered stone for any clues as to the nature of the room.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Nov 9, 2016 9:28 pm
Soliin shrugs at the suggestion, but moves up to search the Pudding King. "I was going to suggest the throne as well. I'll do a quick search here, and lets leave. I'm still not feeling so good..."
OOC:
I forget what to roll for searching?
Nov 9, 2016 9:36 pm
Hunter is unable to determine any particular reason that he would have put his throne here.
Nov 9, 2016 9:43 pm
OOC:
Let's perceive!

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Nov 9, 2016 9:53 pm
Among the ruins of the throne, Soliin is able to find:

Two spellbooks: Underland Magick and Magick from Beyond the Mirror
55 gp, 30 ep
A potion
Two scrolls: Conjure Minor Elementals and Speak with plants
a large, varnished eyeball
Nov 9, 2016 10:03 pm
Hunter assists by checking the body of the Pudding King. "Okay, let's meet up with the others. Although, which tunnel should we take?" she says, looking to the north and south.

Rolls

Perception on Pudding King's body - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Nov 9, 2016 10:07 pm
As you inspect the room and the bodies, you hear VERY heavy footfalls coming down the path you took originally. Something big is coming.
Nov 9, 2016 10:15 pm
"May I suggest... not that way!" Soliin quickly bundles the loot into his bag and takes off to the mouth of the other tunnel, waiting there for his companions.
Nov 9, 2016 11:09 pm
Still stinging from the acid Elfog joins the others.
Last edited November 10, 2016 1:58 am

Rolls

Dexterity ST vs 14 - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 10, 2016 1:54 am
'Which way? North or south?" asks Hunter, quickly scooping up a bit of slime from the throne into an empty potion bottle and palming a piece of the throne. She stuffs the items into her robes and trains her crossbow down the eastern tunnel where the sound emanates from.
Nov 10, 2016 1:59 am
Elfog readies his axe and rushes towards the eastern tunnel. "See if we can hit 'em before they see us!"
Nov 10, 2016 4:37 pm
As you wait to see what's coming, you see a familiar, spectral figure round the corner. It is the ghost of Burrow Warden Jagder, who was in attendance in the battle planning. "Ah, there you are!" He says, 'walking' over to you, followed by three of the stony creatures that you raised at the Steadfast Stone, the Galeb Duhr, "There are too many of the bastards, Dorbo has sounded a retreat."

He looks around at the chaos for a moment, "Looks like you took care of the leader, eh? Good on you. We'd best be headed back to the city... maybe with their leader dead, we can pick them off little by little and reclaim our city!"
load next

Thread locked