Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Nov 16, 2016 2:31 am
Rolling his shoulders back to test his wounds Elfog shudders as Hunter recalls the group's run in with the Prince of Demons.

"Abisel Incuresion?! What's that mean?"
Last edited November 16, 2016 2:32 am
Nov 16, 2016 4:09 pm
Hunter thinks about it, and tries to find the right words in Dwarvish. "Attack. From the Black Was Delved Too Deep," she explains in the dwarven tongue, hoping she got the mythology correct.
Last edited November 16, 2016 4:10 pm
Nov 16, 2016 9:33 pm
"This is all very troubling," Dorbo says, and Senni nods as well, worry apparent on her face, "But still, nothing we can affect for now. I believe that we made a promise to deliver you to the surface, didn't we? We should have the slime well in hand now that they're not organized. We will begin preparations for your return immediately, but in the mean time, please enjoy your stay here."

Gurnik looks to Mai'ngor, "Please, see me before you depart, we have much to speak of."
Nov 16, 2016 10:44 pm
Elfog's face turns white as he remembers the stories once told to him by his grandfather.

"Aye" he says quietly. "The sooner we get out of here the better!"
OOC:
I'll admit that I had to actually look up what that meant.
Nov 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Hunter pauses. "Before I go to the surface," she begins, hesitantly, "how far is it to Neverlight Grove? I should like to see Stool home, but the mention of the Queen of Fungi makes me think something terrible might be waiting. Is it possible to investigate?"
Nov 16, 2016 11:24 pm
"Hmm... let me consult the maps," Dorbo replies, and spends the next several minutes calculating the time it would take, before finally shaking his head, "Could take near to two weeks, depending on what you run into out there."

Before depression can set in, Gurnik speaks up, waving a hand in dismissal, "There are dozens of Myconid colonies scattered throughout the Underdark. The chances of it being this specific one are very slim."
OOC:
A week in the Forgotten Realms is 10 days
Nov 16, 2016 11:30 pm
Elfog lets out an audible grunt at Hunter's line of questioning. "Something terrible might be waiting? Everywhere we've been something terrible been waitin' for the lot of us!"

He shakes his head in frustration, "'course the mushroom wouldn't stand a chance getting home alone now would he..."
Nov 16, 2016 11:32 pm
"We can help you take him home, or we can find time to deliver him once things calm down a bit here," Senni suggests, "He doesn't eat much and some of the children have found him to be absolutely fascinating, so he's no trouble here."
Nov 17, 2016 12:05 am
Hunter tries to recall if relocation matters to a myconid, concerned that establishing a new telepathic bond might further traumatize the sprout.

Rolls

Nature? - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Nov 17, 2016 7:02 pm
Hunter isn't able to recall much lore regarding this specific facet of Myconid biology. They tend to be very close-mouthed with their way of life, preferring to keep it among themselves.
Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm
Soliin stands and walks up to the bag he threw earlier. Leaning over, he pokes it and looks up at his hosts. "You guys wanted this medusa head, right? What are you going to do with it?"
Nov 17, 2016 7:11 pm
"I know that Sark, over at the guard post, was looking into a possible medusa, yes. I'll have him brought here to double check everything later. If you've got what he's looking for, we'll be sure that he rewards you properly."
Nov 17, 2016 7:14 pm
"Either way, it's going to take a little while to organize any trip. Why don't you make yourselves comfortable and enjoy your stay before we get you home?" Dorbo says.
OOC:
You will have a few days to do whatever you want to do, and make any decisions regarding Stool.
Nov 17, 2016 7:41 pm
Hunter decides to ask Stool specifically about what happens between different myconid groups, should the sprout need to find a new home. "Is that something you could do? Or do you need to rejoin your original family? Whichever you decide, I will see you there."
Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm
"It can be done, but it doesn't happen often. I would prefer to return to my own home, surely," Stool says, speaking to Hunter telepathically, "I have been gone away too long."
Nov 17, 2016 7:52 pm
For Hunter, it is settled. She will remain in Blingdenstone for as long as it takes before the svirfneblin can take Stool home, and accompany them.

"I don't wish any of you to stay on our account," Hunter says to the others after she explains why Stool must go to Neverlight Grove. "The gnomes know the way to the surface, so you are set to go home."
Nov 17, 2016 8:02 pm
"What's another few weeks? The gnomes may know a way to the surface from wherever we drop Tool off too, so I'll stick around."
Nov 18, 2016 3:35 am
"As much as I long to see the sky once again I would be glad to spend some more time learning from the gnomes of Blingdenstone. And I have an appointment to keep with Gurnik. If you'll excuse me I will rejoin you all later." Mai’ngor bows to Dorbo and heads for the Speaking Stones, anxious to hear what the priest has learned about his sky-stone.
Last edited November 18, 2016 3:35 am
Nov 18, 2016 5:40 pm
Hunter nods. "I appreciate it," she says, "and I'm sure Stool does, as well. Let's see about that bounty."
load next

Thread locked