Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Dec 15, 2016 11:59 am
OOC:
Xara you get a full turn - so you have a move and an action if you like. You're in the room, door closed, with Kai. A couple razorfiends are leering at you about forty feet away.

Zaris - what happens, pretty sure 6 is a failure!

Rolls

Dragon INT SAve - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Dec 15, 2016 12:59 pm
The dragon illusion beats its wings powerfully filling the air with a thunderous sound. It opens its mouth and release a plume of fire and ash directly in front of the enemy dragon and its rider.

Rolls

psychic damage - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Dec 15, 2016 1:25 pm
OOC:
Er, I was hoping to close the door between the razorfiends and me. If it means I move Xara, that's fine. Didn't know if I could do all that in one move, but anyway...
Dec 15, 2016 3:58 pm
OOC:
Ahh I misunderstood -- so you'd rather be outside on the platform? Or inside the building with the razorfiends? I'll allow either with your turn, before Xara takes hers.
Dec 15, 2016 4:06 pm
OOC:
Kai revives Xara, then locks her in with the razorfiends and makes a break for it. 'She's got this.' ;)
Last edited December 15, 2016 4:06 pm
Dec 15, 2016 4:12 pm
OOC:
Lmao! No, I wanted to save Xara and close the razorfiends in, separate from us.
Dec 24, 2016 4:56 pm
OOC:
Xara, still waiting on your turn -- you're outside the building laying on the ground beneath Kai's feet - who just revived you. There's a dragon fighting a dragon in the air. One dragon has a rider, and you recognize it as the one that bathed you in acid earlier.

Map updated
Dec 26, 2016 12:45 am
I roll to my feet. "Ok, let's try something here..." I break out a flask of oil and work on setting the building on fire.
Dec 26, 2016 7:45 pm
Xara begins to bathe the door to the building into oil, splashing it up the side of the wood structure as best she can. Meanwhile the dragon engages Zaris' spectral phantom with claws and teeth...
OOC:
Monster turn coming soon!
Dec 27, 2016 7:40 pm
Glancing over to Xara and recognizing her intent, Zaris rushes over and begins tearing up strips of his cloak and soaking them in oil. "Where should I place these?" he asks with a wry smile.
Dec 28, 2016 6:36 pm
"Some place flammable?" I hand him the rest of the flask of oil.
Jan 5, 2017 2:19 pm
The dragon continues to do battle with the phantasm, biting and clawing at its new foe as if it were really there - to the rest of your eyes (except Zaris) the dragon appears to be having some kind of seizure perhaps? it is unclear, but its rider is clearly upset by the situation and spends the next six seconds scolding the creature and demanding it stop thrashing about.

Mean while the door that Xara and Zaris are busy covering in oil is slammed into as one of the spined fiends throws itself against it. Then slammed a second time as another does the same. The wood door, old as it is, cracks under the pressure but the creatures have not yet burst through -- they will soon, however.

EDIT: Dragon made the save, phantasm fades.
OOC:
Player turn -- nothing on the map changed.

Rolls

Save - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Jan 5, 2017 3:42 pm
He stuffs the oil soaked cloth under the door and gets his wand ready to ignite it on Xara's command.

"Just let me know when to light this," he yells over the roar of the dragon. "We don't have much time left!"
Jan 5, 2017 4:28 pm
"Now!" I get to work on the tinderbox.
Jan 5, 2017 4:30 pm
Pulling the flint from his cloak, Zaris strikes it on the far end of the scraps of his cloak and watches as the flame wisks up and grows in size.
Jan 5, 2017 4:53 pm
Pawetha continues her attack. Her first target is the marked dragon, and since its rider is near enough, a second arrow is fired in rapid succession.

The ranger then moves westward along the walkway to duck around the corner, hoping to split the party enough to limit the area of effect for potential dragon breath.
Last edited January 5, 2017 4:55 pm

Rolls

Shortbow vs Dragon, Damage, Hunter's Mark - (1d20+8, 1d6+4, 1d6)

1d20+8 : (3) + 8 = 11

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

1d6 : (5) = 5

Shortbow vs Rider, Damage - (1d20+8, 1d6+4)

1d20+8 : (14) + 8 = 22

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Inspiration on attack vs dragon! - (1d20+8)

(4) + 8 = 12

Jan 5, 2017 7:16 pm
The oil, then the door, catch fire. The heat from the burning oil forces those by the door to retreat (If end your turn by the door, you'll take damage!). The fire quickly spreads to the thatch of the building.

While Pawetha's arrow plinks off the dragon's scales, her second sinks into the rider's shoulder and the goblin lets out a shriek.
Jan 6, 2017 7:53 pm
I quickly back away from the door, then load a crossbow bolt and wait for a target to make itself available to me.
Jan 8, 2017 8:09 pm
Ghunril back away from the door with Xara and Kaiakas then pulls a dart from his bandoleer and launches it at the rider.

Rolls

Dart - (1d20+3, 1d4+3)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d4+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Jan 8, 2017 9:15 pm
Ghunril's dart narrowly misses its mark.
OOC:

Dragon: 19 damage
Rider: 17 Damage

Kai is left I believe, and Zaris may want to move away from the door? Or, perhaps he likes the heat.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.