2. The Four Harrows

load previous
Oct 23, 2021 8:58 pm
Ryssik continues to burrow towards where she senses the captive. As soon as it really sounds like the fighting above ground is starting, she breaks the surface right underneath him so he falls into her hastily dug tunnel. "Run!", she tells him. When he does, she follows, though she is not as fast as him.
Oct 23, 2021 8:59 pm
Ross defends himself now its clear that the thalls won't back down.

Rolls

Fighting* - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (1) = 1

Oct 25, 2021 1:14 am
Tritous jumps as the fearless thrall attacks him, making him trip awkwardly over a rock and almost fall. Blood trickles down his haunch which quavers with pain.

Rolls

Spirit roll for shaken/wound - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (4) = 4

Oct 25, 2021 2:22 am
OOC:
Spirit checks to recover from Shaken are a free action in SWADE, so Tritous succeeds and may act normally this round.
Oct 25, 2021 2:57 am
Tritous tries to spear the thrall that wounded him, the blood still trickling down his leg forming a small trail on the ground.

Rolls

Damage - (2d6, RA)

(41) = 5

Fighting - (1d8-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d8-1 : (6) - 1 = 5

1d6-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

Oct 25, 2021 1:16 pm
"Arggh," yells a thrall and they turn then run away, the one Tritous just struck stumbling afterwards. Where their captive the messenger was is only a hole.
Oct 25, 2021 5:24 pm
Well, that went well. I suggest some fast moving right now. I am sure there are others around.
Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm
OOC:
How's our rescue doing? Is he running away or staying with us?
Oct 25, 2021 11:15 pm
The messenger is in the hole with Ryssik, crawling.
Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am
"Crawl, quick," Ryssik encourages the messenger. "Out of here."

Theay crawl back out through the tunnel she made and once they're out of the ground, she looks around. "Where did the thralls go?"
OOC:
That was way too easy. What if they wanted us to get this guy?
Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm
"We scared them off. They ran away. One of them knicked me but I am alright," Tritous tells Ryssik, looking the messenger over. "That was well done Ryssik, by the way." His haunch quivers as another thin trickle of blood slides down his leg. "I need a leaf or something to staunch this," he adds as he clops off to a nearby bush.
Oct 26, 2021 5:02 pm
Ryssik turns to the messenger they rescued and smiles a sharp-toothed, ratty grin at it.
"Friend, greetings. Who are you? How did you become their prisoner?"
OOC:
What does he look like? He's a nightfolk/orc-equivalent like the thralls?
Oct 26, 2021 8:08 pm
"Prisoner, yes, but let's get away from them before they search. This tunnel leads them right to us!" He tugs on Ryssik's arm and leads you farther away, unless one of you will lead.

It's a night person, taller than humans, with stocky, muscular build; sloped forehead; and beady, yellow eyes. His skin is ashen gray, and his hair black and coarse. Small tusks jut from his lower jaw.

"I'm Storg."
Oct 27, 2021 4:46 am
Ryssik follows him. Once they're far enough away for him to feel safer, she says: "I am Ryssik. These are Tritous, Ross and Jarl. What is your story?"
Oct 27, 2021 6:55 pm
He leans against a tree, his back to where the thralls were. "They only follow exact commands and not well. They might just stay there for days, or carry on as if they had me. Who knows."

"I was one of them, a week ago. I don't know what happened, but three days past, I woke up. We were headed through the forest, delivering these messages to the advance scouts, and bam, it was like being doused with cold water."
Oct 27, 2021 7:41 pm
Lucky for you, and for us. Let us move further away and then we can check those messages out.
OOC:
Time wise, would he have awoken around when we returned the wand?
Last edited October 28, 2021 4:52 am
Oct 28, 2021 12:41 am
The timing could be right. A few days ago.
Oct 29, 2021 7:35 am
Is the hold of the nightfolk is weakening. Interesting.

What is the messages you were carrying?
Oct 29, 2021 6:01 pm
The man, Storg, hands you his bag as if happy to be rid of it.

When you review them, you see battle orders directed to three separate advance groups to move toward Numentor (north of where you are) in order to prepare for the main host to arrive seize and occupy the town. There is careful instruction to not destroy any property, for the shops and crafters of Numentor will be put to work to outfit the army for the remainder of the invasion of the Rhyhold.
Oct 29, 2021 6:03 pm
OOC:
Can any of us actually read those? I feel like we were all illiterate
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.