Character Generation

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 6, 2016 9:41 pm
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
Goliaths are actually medium creatures, though they're on the verge of large
Over all, I look at it like this: the stranger the group, the more it stands out, the more trouble you'll have with mundane things in certain situations. On the other hand, it can help out too. It'll be a balance.

As for the animated armor, if one of you is a humanoid kid with a metal arm and leg...
Man... now I'm tempted to be a human Eldritch Knight!
Jun 6, 2016 9:42 pm
Heck, I'll do it if you allow me to have the metal limbs :)
Jun 6, 2016 9:43 pm
This is true. As animated armor I could be "worn" into a city. But that brings up a whole ethical and moral dilemma.
Jun 6, 2016 9:50 pm
For anyone who doesn't get that reference, it's from an anime called Fullmetal Alchemist. It's a show about brothers, one of whom has a metal arm and leg, and one who's soul was bonded to a suit of armor.

http://orig02.deviantart.net/d900/f/2009/256/8/4/full_metal_alchemist_by_genzoman.jpg
Jun 6, 2016 11:34 pm
As so far we've had 3 players give thoughts, let's also hear what the remaining 3 are in, so everyone can get in their thought about what they'd like to play without someone having "dibs" on a role.
Jun 7, 2016 3:39 am
Man now I just wanna make FMA characters.
Jun 7, 2016 3:57 am
fernymerk says:
Man now I just wanna make FMA characters.
Heh, that could be an interesting RPG, in a more generic system (maybe a supers system?), but do you have thoughts on what sort of thing you'd like to play in this game?
Jun 7, 2016 4:28 am
How is magic in your world? Is there a lot of it, or is this a world where magic is scarce?
Jun 7, 2016 11:14 am
No different than a standard DnD world. Functionally, this world won't be different, though it may change mechanically. Wizards will still wiz, druids will still dru. Why or how might be different, but that's it.
Jun 7, 2016 2:58 pm
So are we talking about an Eberron-ish world here? Never having played in that particular setting I gotta say I've always been curious about the world but never really had a desire to play an artificer or alchemist or any of that stuff. As for the automaton spellcaster concept I mentioned before, my mind just automatically went there when Keleth said "steampunk" and "homebrew welcome" but to be honest I'm not entirely sure this concept would be fun to play at all.
Jun 7, 2016 3:44 pm
I apologize, as I'm not always clear when I'm starting things out:

From a chargen perspective, I would treat this a a regular dnd world, eg, not steampunk. I guess I was hesitant to say that before, as I kind of wanted it to be part of a reveal, but I can trust you all to RP properly. When you wake up, your characters find themselves in a world with technology you don't recognize (well, you have amnesia, so you don't recognize anything really, but some things will be more familiar than others).

Some of the ideas presented so far, like automatons were interesting, as they actually play into the storyline I'm building. I'm not saying you have to play them, just saying that if this was a regular DnD world, and you decided to play an automaton, that'd be fine; I'd be providing you details on your automaton-ness.
Jun 8, 2016 1:32 pm
I'm going to go with the Human Fighter for sure (metal arm and leg optional)
Jun 8, 2016 1:41 pm
Yes, I'm all for the adjusted Animated Armor and a Wizard with the Artificer Tradition.
Jun 8, 2016 9:13 pm
I would like to play a spellcaster. Perhaps wizard.
Jun 8, 2016 9:51 pm
I'm not opposed to two wizards in the party, though if there are, I'd prefer them to be relatively unique... two fireballing blasters without some tie in to why they're similar wouldn't work well.
Jun 8, 2016 9:55 pm
My eldritch knight will obviously have wizard spells, but I'm thinking more of the self-enhancing and support type of spells on my end.

How should we roll up our characters? Rolling, point buy, array?
Jun 8, 2016 9:55 pm
So am I right in thinking we currently have the following

Human fighter (metal arm and/or leg)
Animated armour wizard
Wizard (currently no race)
Wolfren or Elf Ranger or Druid (depending on the needs of the party
Jun 8, 2016 10:59 pm
Naatkinson says:
How should we roll up our characters? Rolling, point buy, array?
Point buy, but you have 30 points instead of the standard 27. You will be able to buy a starting 16 for 12 points, but only one stat to 16.

I think we just have one person who hasn't yet given input on what they'd like to play; I'll already PMed them. In fairness to the rest of you, I'm going to give them till the weekend, then I'll prob drop them and continue on with 5.
Jun 9, 2016 12:28 am
Hmm well I wouldn't mind playing something else. I've been wanting to try a barbarian for a while too.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.