Character Generation

load previous
Jun 12, 2016 6:07 pm
Cool. May only have 1 of them as have a list of 1st level spells that I'm trying to decide on
Jun 12, 2016 6:14 pm
Keleth says:
I like the concept of the revenant, a passionate oath, but the subrace it wouldn't work great with the story in mind. Congrads, you've found one of the few races I don't think would work :p
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Of course, it would be just as fun to play this as an automaton: A warforged fighter was given a Prime Directive or mission when it was created. But something has happened and it can't remember what its Prime Directive is. So it tries to piece its memory back together.
This sounds more workable than the revenant.
Ok, I'll definitely do the warforged fighter. :-)
Jun 12, 2016 6:37 pm
So I think this is the potential list?

Animated armor wizard artificer (PhantomNimbus)
Human fighter (Naatkinson)
Wolfren Druid (depending on the needs of the party, Scotash)
Barbarian (fernymerk)
Oathed warrior (Jabes.plays.RPG)

Pretty fighter oriented, but if you guys and make it work, I'm good with it :D

Last person left is CancerMan.
Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm
I've made an Elf Druid
Jun 12, 2016 7:58 pm
I am thinking of doubling-up on the divine and creating a cleric, an acolyte of the Ambered Moon Temple and Distillery; keepers of the sacred blend strong enough to allow you see the gods themselves (before you go blind). If the variant human rules are allowed, I'll go with that.

Thanks for having me!
Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm
CancerMan says:
I am thinking of doubling-up on the divine and creating a cleric, an acolyte of the Ambered Moon Temple and Distillery; keepers of the sacred blend strong enough to allow you see the gods themselves (before you go blind). If the variant human rules are allowed, I'll go with that.

Thanks for having me!
Sounds good, though given the amnesia thing, you won't really have a following to start. We'll work that out.

Ok, so everyone seems to have a char concept they like? I know in DnD 3.5, the lack of a ranger or rogue could be problematic. I hope it's not the same in 5e :p

Ok, the second part of this chargen is this: imagine your character is level 20, having been through many epic adventures, well known for good or bad, having achieved many a goal. I'd like for you to describe to me your character, including what their weapon of choice would be, what class path they take, their style of combat, their personality, what you envision them to look like (any distinctive items/features). None of this is binding! I just want to get an idea of where your character will go.

I'm going to be setting up your private forums shortly, and feel free to start building your characters and submitting them. Once I get your descriptions, we'll start up the opening scene.
Jun 13, 2016 11:51 am
Do you want us to post the descriptions here or in the private forums as I can't seem to post in mine.
Last edited June 13, 2016 11:52 am
Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Scotash says:
Do you want us to post the descriptions here or in the private forums as I can't seem to post in mine.
I'll have to figure out why you can't create a thread. Feel free to post here; I don't see why any of it should be private.

EDIT: Weird, I see Jabes was able to post a thread, and he has the same permissions to his forum that you do to yours. Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the permissions code, I'm confused... Can anyone else create a thread in their forums?

Also, another test:

Keleth sent a note to Scotash
Keleth sent a note to Naatkinson
Jun 13, 2016 12:40 pm
I can see the ones to me. It may be as looking on my phone. Will check computer when I get home
Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm
[Note to GM]
Naatkinson sent a note to Keleth
Last edited June 13, 2016 1:35 pm
Jun 13, 2016 1:58 pm
So as I'm writing out this game, I'm trying to figure out, how can I give you guys traps without killing you, with no stealthy/disarmy character (I play rogues a lot, so I think in rogue terms). From my understanding of 5e, traps are no longer just the rogue's realm, right?
Jun 13, 2016 2:02 pm
Keleth says:
So as I'm writing out this game, I'm trying to figure out, how can I give you guys traps without killing you, with no stealthy/disarmy character (I play rogues a lot, so I think in rogue terms). From my understanding of 5e, traps are no longer just the rogue's realm, right?
Anyone can do traps now. As long as someone has thieve's tools you can attempt to disarm a trap. Magical traps are also disarmed with the Arcana skill, if that makes a difference.
Jun 13, 2016 2:03 pm
I mean we should all be able to disarm and find traps with the proper perception rolls. We may just not have a very high probability of doing it. Depends on the mechanisms working the trap. Sleight of Hand as a skill has sort of become the skill for most rogueish stuff, lockpicking, pick pocketing, disabling traps. But I think it depends on how you want to build a trap.

Since perception and investigation could be used to find traps anyone could be good or bad at that.
Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm
Also, Keleth, that little thing showing the notes being passed is going to be a godsend, thank you thank you thank you. Makes it feel more like a tabletop game with hidden notes being passed around.
Jun 13, 2016 2:38 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Also, Keleth, that little thing showing the notes being passed is going to be a godsend, thank you thank you thank you. Makes it feel more like a tabletop game with hidden notes being passed around.
I've edited that code so many times, I think I've forgotten how it works. It shows you that a note has been passed but not it's content, right? Because I'm thinking of adding secret notes as well. Or a secret flag on the regular notes. And if it works the opposite way right now, add in visible notes.

Basically, I don't know how this site works anymore.
Jun 13, 2016 2:55 pm
Keleth says:
PhantomNimbus says:
I've edited that code so many times, I think I've forgotten how it works. It shows you that a note has been passed but not it's content, right? Because I'm thinking of adding secret notes as well. Or a secret flag on the regular notes. And if it works the opposite way right now, add in visible notes.

Yeah it shows the passed not but not the contents. That is the best. I've been hoping for that because I always have to add a note, especially if that is my only post or else everyone wonders why I'm posting empty posts. A secret flag, or secret not would be cool too, but I like that change.
Jun 13, 2016 3:05 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Keleth says:
PhantomNimbus says:

Yeah it shows the passed not but not the contents. That is the best. I've been hoping for that because I always have to add a note, especially if that is my only post or else everyone wonders why I'm posting empty posts. A secret flag, or secret not would be cool too, but I like that change.
Honestly, I don't remember making the change... I knew I thought a lot about it a while back, and I figured I should add it, but don't remember doing the work, specially because there was the debate about whether that should or shouldn't work like that. Now I'm a little scared what other work I've done and added but don't remember :p
Jun 13, 2016 3:26 pm
Did you do a recent push? I don't remember seeing that even just a week or two ago.
Jun 13, 2016 5:14 pm
Okay, let me know if this works for the final resistances and immunities for Animated Armor.

It would seem legit for the armor to be immune to disease and poison. Those are both things that act on living systems. You need a vascular system to be able to move around disease and poison in your body.

I would remove the immunity to gas, since as stated there could easily be corrosive gasses that would work just as well on metal.

I would probably keep a resistance to charm, but lose the resistance to psychic damage as I still have some form of consciousness in this suit of armor. So all in all it would look like this:

Immunities: Disease and Poison
Resistance: Charm

I would even remove resistance to charm fairly easily as I am an arcane servant by nature, it would be fairly easy to be magically charmed I feel.
Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Okay, let me know if this works for the final resistances and immunities for Animated Armor.

It would seem legit for the armor to be immune to disease and poison. Those are both things that act on living systems. You need a vascular system to be able to move around disease and poison in your body.

I would remove the immunity to gas, since as stated there could easily be corrosive gasses that would work just as well on metal.

I would probably keep a resistance to charm, but lose the resistance to psychic damage as I still have some form of consciousness in this suit of armor. So all in all it would look like this:

Immunities: Disease and Poison
Resistance: Charm

I would even remove resistance to charm fairly easily as I am an arcane servant by nature, it would be fairly easy to be magically charmed I feel.
I ironically just posted in your thread, but I'm actually leaning to:

Immunities to disease and poison
Resistance to psychic and some gasses
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.