Gamers' Plane feature advent calendar

load previous
Dec 14, 2021 7:03 am

Mobile-friendly buttons?

Yes, I too live in the modern world.
Vote to view results.
No. Clicking those tiny arrows is like a mini-game.
Vote to view results.
I knowest not these mobile devices of which thou speakest.
Vote to view results.
Dec 14, 2021 7:56 am
Tbh, the best thing about these posts are the funny poll options lol.
Dec 14, 2021 2:26 pm
I teared up there with joy, I kid you not.
Dec 14, 2021 2:42 pm
Qralloq says:
I'd like to lie and say I was thinking of you, but the truth is I've switched to android and now those buttons are bloody unusable.
Dec 14, 2021 2:48 pm
Adam says:
Qralloq says:
I'd like to lie and say I was thinking of you, but the truth is I've switched to android and now those buttons are bloody unusable.
Imagines a man Smoking an Android
Imagines an Android Smoking
Imagines a man coding on an Android.
Dec 14, 2021 2:57 pm
Whatever the reason, hallelujah. xD
Dec 14, 2021 6:45 pm
We might want to fix the SWADE curse bug first... :P
Dec 14, 2021 7:07 pm
Not your sort of Curse Adam. It not a software thing.
Dec 14, 2021 7:08 pm
More often than seems normal, SWADE games start and don't always get very far before collapsing, usually by a disappearing GM. It has been noticed enough to be classified a curse.

I'd point out that I've run and played in quite a few SWADE games that have been successful, and a few that have failed early, as well.
Dec 14, 2021 7:56 pm
I feel like that was only a short period where that happened. Haven't seen it happen recently anymore
Dec 14, 2021 7:59 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I feel like that was only a short period where that happened. Haven't seen it happen recently anymore
And now you jinxed it. Good job Bowl.

:P
Dec 14, 2021 8:19 pm
I felt a great disturbance on the GP, as if millions of SWADE games suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Dec 14, 2021 8:28 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I think you're right. I feel like we've crossed over that ghostly cliff and reached the other side where there are now more completions than not. And I am confident that at least two if not three ongoing group games will stay the distance.
Dec 15, 2021 5:52 am

Good idea?

Yes. I need more stress in my life.
Vote to view results.
No. We thought online indicators were creepy, but this....!
Vote to view results.
Errr, Adam, you know what "asynchronous" means, right?
Vote to view results.
Dec 15, 2021 2:56 pm
If anyone has any last-minute suggestions, then I have two days without anything behind the doors.
Dec 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Character sheets don't scale very well on small screens or high zoom levels. This is not a mobile issue.

They are full of hard-coded widths that cause them to spill out the right side of the screen. But I am not sure this is within the scope of these fixes, they each need a lot of tweaking and it may be a lot of work for a problem that does not come up very often?
Dec 15, 2021 3:14 pm
vagueGM says:
Character sheets don't scale very well on small screens or high zoom levels. This is not a mobile issue.

They are full of hard-coded widths that cause them to spill out the right side of the screen. But I am not sure this is within the scope of these fixes, they each need a lot of tweaking and it may be a lot of work for a problem that does not come up very often?
Yeah, you're right. That CSS is hellish, isn't it? But the world was a different place when it was written.

Ideally, I'd like to:
Expand the BBCode to allow the other sheet components to be modelled.
Add WYSIWYG so people don't need to see the BBCode except to create the templates.
Deprecate everything other than custom.

But you're right - that's not a tweak, it's a campaign - and not even a campaign with a map.
Dec 15, 2021 3:38 pm
Adam says:
Deprecate everything other than custom.
How do I vote for that? I would vote for that!
Dec 15, 2021 3:55 pm
--Load previous-- more than once.

I know it would sort of be redundant with load all, but I find myself wishing it was available some times if I'm browsing a thread backwards to remember what happened recently.
Last edited December 15, 2021 3:55 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.