It's me sunny

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 28, 2022 9:40 am
Hi guys!

Sorry it took me days to make a post in introductions, it's been over a decade since I used a forum like this and I forgot how to navigate and use one, lol.

I love reading about TTRPGs and I've been itching to get more into it. I was introduced to the hobby a few years back when a co-worker of mine invited me to play Shadowrun. I remember being overwhelmed with all the rules but I thought it was all a part of the TTRPG experience, I later found out that Shadowrun was one of the more crunchy games out there lol, I remember our group quickly switching from paper to Chummer. I later played D&D for a while but both groups fizzled out. I tried starting a group a couple of times but I couldn't find a proper group of people whose schedules aligned. The real hard part of TTRPG isn't learning the ruels, it's finding a group that can meet regularly, lol. In the meantime I've been playing a bunch of solo games like Ironsworn and using the mythic gm emulator

I heard about this place a while back when I was looking at PBP places, I tried rolegate for a bit, but the games I joined fizzled out pretty quickly, and the app just didn't want to work properly on my phone. I saw someone give a nice long writeup about how good gamersplane was, so I decided to join.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Jan 28, 2022 10:13 am
Welcome, sunnyVoid!

You've tried out a couple of things already, but just in case, heres some helpful links.

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 28, 2022 10:25 am
Welcome
Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am
And here's your customary πŸ‹come buddy.
Having a hard time finding the time to play in person led me to pbp; turns out it's just what I needed, having a wee one running around as well.
Jan 28, 2022 11:30 am
sunnyVoid says:
... The real hard part of TTRPG isn't learning the ruels, it's finding a group that can meet regularly ...
Ain't that the truth. :)

Welcome.
Jan 28, 2022 11:47 am
hi sunnyVoid, welcome to this fun gaming platform!

(PS: I see you have listed Shadowrun in your games of choice, ping me if you ever decide to run it! I'd love to try it)
Last edited January 28, 2022 12:47 pm
Jan 28, 2022 12:22 pm
Hey SV and welcome,

I think games are less likely to fizzle out here because the people stick around.

I see from your profile that you've played the tutorial and you're looking for an OSR game. Maybe take a look at vagueGM's Fresh Faced Adventurers (World of Dungeons)?
Jan 28, 2022 12:27 pm
You are welcome to join us in the Fresh Faced Adventurers game, but note that it is not actually OSR, nor even OSR-adjacent. It is just rules-lite PbtA.

If that interests you --and given your Shadowrun leanings-- there is also a Cyberpunk equivalent of that, but that has much less interest than fantasy does, so it is empty at this time.
Jan 28, 2022 12:39 pm
vagueGM says:
...that it is not actually OSR...
It's not? Huh! I thought OSR just meant "not DnD 5e" πŸ˜‰
Jan 28, 2022 12:42 pm
Adam says:
I thought OSR just meant "not DnD 5e" πŸ˜‰
Yeah? What would you know about "not DnD 5e"? :)
Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm
Hello and welcome, SV!
Jan 28, 2022 1:54 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jan 28, 2022 2:14 pm
I've seen you on the Discord, but welcome once more to the community, @sunnyVoid!
Jan 28, 2022 2:34 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Jan 28, 2022 2:42 pm
Nice to meet you!
Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm
Welcome!
Jan 28, 2022 5:01 pm
Welcome to GP, Sunny!
Jan 28, 2022 5:10 pm
Hi Sunny! Welcome to GP!
vagueGM says:
You are welcome to join us in the Fresh Faced Adventurers game, but note that it is not actually OSR, nor even OSR-adjacent. It is just rules-lite PbtA.
If FFA is straight World of Dungeons, it certainly has some OSR blood in its veins. It's Harper's old-school and minimalist take on Dungeon World, right? Character sheet kind of tells the story.

https://i.imgur.com/GxXy4Su.png
Jan 28, 2022 6:41 pm
sunnyVoid says:
I tried rolegate for a bit, but the games I joined fizzled out pretty quickly, and the app just didn't want to work properly on my phone.
Man... I so badly wanted Rolegate to be good.

But yea, community was just chock full of flakes.

UI wasn't ideal. Poor integration for things like images and such...

Just didn't work.

Anyway, you've found a great place! Welcome.
Last edited January 28, 2022 6:41 pm
Jan 29, 2022 1:55 am
SunnyVoid is an excellent user name btw. Super jealous, haha.

Hope you find some great games, but if you have a hard time, hit me up and we'll see if we can get you hooked up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.