TftF OOC

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

KCC

Jun 9, 2022 1:59 am
Yes, that’s a consideration. Would we tinker with the machine at all? For fear of messing up the world even more.

If we do want to end this, one of us needs to stump up and end it properly.

Or we play along, and thereby play the final chapter! If the kids really are doomed, then I would slightly lean towards just finishing her here. Our childhood is over. This is Flood. People die. One of us will kill! 😳
Jun 9, 2022 2:11 am
Before one of you ends her, let me make another post. I just want to figure out how we do this before then.

I kind of like the "now kids in a different universe have to deal with her after you send her away" idea.

As for erasing her, it's not really instantaneous. It took days to wear Jillian down enough that she became untethered.
But Elisabeth has spent the past ten years traveling, so it would be reasonable to say her tether to this world is already severely weakened.

KCC

Jun 9, 2022 3:18 am
Maybe it’s as simple as her being back in two or three years if we send her away. She said as much herself. It would be quicker to return this time!
Jun 9, 2022 9:08 am
KCC says:
Maybe it’s as simple as her being back in two or three years if we send her away. She said as much herself. It would be quicker to return this time!
Which is the consideration of firing a bullet into her as she vanishes.
Jun 9, 2022 12:09 pm
Let's do a poll. If I can remember how to set them up.

How to proceed Multi Public

Kill/Erase Elisabeth, don't play the fourth adventure
Vote to view results.
Kill/Erase Elisabeth, play the fourth adventure completely unconnected
Vote to view results.
Banish Elisabeth, play the fourth adventure in a parallel universe with the same Elisabeth
Vote to view results.
Banish Elisabeth, she returns to this universe for the final adventure
Vote to view results.
Let Elisabeth go unharmed
Vote to view results.

I think I already know which option won't get a single vote
Jun 9, 2022 1:09 pm
this is like the film director stopping the movie to ask the audience! 😂

I will abstain my vote (and avoid reading the result), as whichever way we go, it would have spoiled the surprise for myself!
Jun 9, 2022 1:25 pm
It just seems like there's some strong opinions here and I don't want to end this in a way that makes people dissatisfied. A poll seemed like the best option to figure out how the players want to do this and what would make you feel best about this adventure and potentially the next
Jun 9, 2022 1:27 pm
I am good to go whichever way, really - and Stina will behave 🙂
Jun 10, 2022 2:39 am
Cheers to however we proceed!

KCC

Jun 10, 2022 3:49 am
Looks like it’s up to me?
Jun 10, 2022 4:19 am
Well, with Dr_B not voting, it looks like the decision is made. However, and that is entirely my fault, I am realising that I have a problem with that decision. And I definitely should have thought it through more before creating the poll and adding that option.
I was going to make a response here saying what the decision is (to play the fourth adventure completely unconnected) but as I had the whole thing written out and just had to hit send, I realised I can absolutely not bring up any enthusiasm for it.

I'm okay with ending this campaign with you erasing Elisabeth here and ending the campaign prematurely by undoing all the bad things the Prophets have done. It's a nice ending. I'm even okay with you killing her as well.
But I just can't bring up any excitement about playing the culmination of this campaign completely unconnected to all the build-up for it. I'm really sorry for not thoroughly considering this earlier, but I'm not going to do that.

We'll end the campaign here, the way you want. But I'm not going to run part 4.
Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am
Very well. Just as you can't find the enthusiasm for running the 4th part separate, I can't find the enthusiasm to play it as intended due to the huge plot flaws. It not only doesn't make logical sense, it makes our character's experiences and personal testimonies to the atrocities committed by the Prophets, invalid and worthless, as if our characters really don't matter in the scheme of things.

KCC

Jun 10, 2022 9:57 am
I agree with Bowl. That unconnected option was the least appealing to me. Better to pick option 1 or the option that I eventually voted for, in that case.

I think it’s a fitting end to the campaign, if we end it here. Though I admit to being curious as to what the fourth adventure could possibly have contained. A triple threat? I was surprised when Bowl mentioned a fourth part.

Well, thanks for the game Bowl. Let’s finish it strong. I had a great time with Henry and the rest. Hope you enjoyed it too!
Jun 10, 2022 11:49 am
RageRed says:
Very well. Just as you can't find the enthusiasm for running the 4th part separate, I can't find the enthusiasm to play it as intended due to the huge plot flaws. It not only doesn't make logical sense, it makes our character's experiences and personal testimonies to the atrocities committed by the Prophets, invalid and worthless, as if our characters really don't matter in the scheme of things.
And I totally understand that. So we'll make the big finale here
Jun 13, 2022 8:48 am
Thank you for playing!
I really enjoyed this campaign and it was a lot of fun to go through these adventures.

I'm sorry for the rough way this last one ended, but I hope that didn't sour the rest of the campaign for you. I think we managed to bring it to a satisfying conclusion thanks to some good discussion about our wants.

I'm looking forward to palying with any or all of you again in future games!

KCC

Jun 13, 2022 10:12 am
Awh! We did it, and we got the best ending imaginable! Great stuff everyone, and thank you, Bowl! One last post incoming!
Jun 13, 2022 10:15 am
Thank you for running it, I had great fun with Stina and her Scandi friends! Will post an epilogue too.
Jun 13, 2022 7:48 pm
Thanks Bowl!

See you around the virtual table.
Jun 13, 2022 9:23 pm
Thank you, Bowl, for running us through these adventures! I really enjoyed playing Mikael and getting to know everyone a little better (both in and out of character) - see you all around GP!
Jun 18, 2022 3:12 pm
I'm retiring this game now.

Thanks again for playing the campaign! You were an amazing crew of players 😊

You do not have permission to post in this thread.