Chapter 6 - Aftermath

load previous
Feb 4, 2022 8:10 am
"What if we get an older kid to pretend to bully Davey near the doctor's... like an act?" He says. "I could ask my bro, or one of his friends? They'd want something in return... but we could pay them?"
Feb 4, 2022 8:37 am
"But what if Mother Ruth then just switches targets?", Al asks. "If she sees someone else bully Davey, why wouldn't she just focus her anger on them? And as long as she keeps powering that darn demon, Benny is in danger!"
Feb 4, 2022 8:52 am
"As long as she doesn't know the new targets names, she can't find them, right?" he frowns. "We show Davey's Mom we're the good guys... Fighting off our hired bullies. She stops thinking about us as enemies... That should stop Ruth coming for us, and she can't get to our hired bullies, as we'll make sure Davey's Mom doesn't know their names... It's a long shot but... " he says shrugging.
Feb 4, 2022 9:05 am
"I don't know," Al says. "That seems like unnecessary risk."
She thinks for a moment, then she says: "How about Davey goes missing. He hides somewhere until his mom gets super worried and starts sending out people to search for him. And then we bring him home and tell her we found him. And maybe also that we saved him from a bear or something."

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 4, 2022 9:08 am
Davey Jenkins
He points at Alana emphatically. "YES! I like this one.... no lakes, no cars.. no ghosts or bullies for me..." he says, hopeful.
Feb 4, 2022 6:00 pm
That's a solid idea Al. We just need to find a place that's not to obvious. That way we can get there before anyone else. Somewhere out of the way and safe.
Feb 4, 2022 6:36 pm
Cody Brewster
"I bet your Mom will suspect us, and drop our names to the police. Didn't she say she's best buddies with Sergeant Shane, or something?...
What we need is a strong, what they call it in crime movies... you know..."
OOC:
Davey's Mom had made Shane's name when she confronted you at her house.
Eddard Linderman
"Alibi, is the word you are looking for, Columbo."

Cody Brewster
"That's the one! I need an especially good one, if Shane's involved. The man hates me..."

Davey Jenkins
"Yes, Sergeant Shane went to school with my Mom..." He nods to confirm.

Cody Brewster
"Great. Just my luck..." he facepalms.

GM
OOC:
So, let me know how you plan to action this cunning stratagem:

phase 1 - Hide Davey straight away? Where?
phase 2 - If and when searches will begin, where will you be? (Cody's alibis) How long will Davey be in hiding?
phase 3 - How do you plan to enact the heroic restitution of the missing boy to win over the distraught Mom?
Feb 4, 2022 8:44 pm
"We don't need an alibi if Davey just doesn't come home for a bit!", Al says. "We're not pretending he's been kidnapped, just that he got lost or something. He can hide out by the lake and then when the panic starts, we go there and get him and say that he fell into a hole or got his foot stuck in a root or some dumb stuff like that." She shrugs. "But if you want an alibi, we can just hang out at Logan's house for a while."
Feb 4, 2022 10:01 pm
"You don't know Shane... I know he's gonna come look for me, and when he does... I wanna be somewhere, seen by a lot of people... Where he can't pin anything on me. I know! I'll be at the Pier, making sure people notice me."
Cody is going in full paranoid trip.
Feb 4, 2022 10:04 pm
"Whatever," Al shrugs, clearly not sharing his worry. "I'll stay at your house, okay, Logan?"

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 4, 2022 10:04 pm
Davey Jenkins
"So... what's my story? I-I'm not very good at lying..." he says nervously. "How is it that you find me, and... rescue me?"
Feb 5, 2022 8:49 am
"You're a dumbass who got lost and twisted his ankle or something," Al says. "I can even punch it for you to make it more believable," she adds with a grin. "And we just happen to find you when the big search starts, like in the movies."

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 10:58 am
Davey Jenkins
He raises his hands, "Er... no. No punch needed." He still looks pretty nervous around Alana.

He stands up. "Well... so... I have to hide at the lake until you come looking for me, got it." He thinks for a moment. "I'd better get some f-food with me, and hide my b-bike, too..."

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 11:23 am
Eddard Linderman
Eddard stands up too. "Well, Monster Hunters, I've got to get back to business." He gestures them towards the stairs. "I wish you luck in your endeavours, and... do keep me posted."
Feb 5, 2022 4:41 pm
When this is all said and done...when your mom or the cops, or who ever asks why you went missing, simply tell them you ran away. Logan says as the party breaks up.

Thanking Eddard for the drink and his time, Logan walks over to Al. You ready? I figure if we hang out at my house, we can ask Anna to play a game. She's always up for Monopoly.
Feb 5, 2022 4:53 pm
"Monopoly is so boring, though," Al complains. "You just sit around and roll dice. We should ask her for a water balloon battle instead. Or a stick-sword fight. Or hide and seek. Or we could play video games. Or..." She continues rattling off other suggestions the whole time that she, Logan and Cody are making their way to Logan's house.
Feb 5, 2022 5:15 pm
Still in his paranoid trip, Cody heads instead to the Pier. "What time do we regroup, guys?" he asks before parting ways.
OOC:
they had a late breakfast, then library/Eddard, then the Davey chase and the brainstorm at T&T. It is now 2pm.

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 5:16 pm
Davey Jenkins
They see Davey riding away in the general direction of Donner Lake, with a concerned expression on his face.
Feb 5, 2022 5:24 pm
"I don't know," Al replies. "Depends on when Davey's mom expects him back, when she starts to get worried and when she starts to send out search groups for him." She shrugs.
Feb 5, 2022 5:26 pm
He shrugs back. "I'll see you at eight, here in front of Eddard's. "
load next

Thread locked