Chapter Four: The Manifest of the Harikan Squall

load previous
Oct 24, 2016 3:40 pm
Leth watches Zangua carry a limp figure in a blue robe up the stairs.

Everybody heading back to Martjan & co.?
Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Domarc heads for the west storeroom.
Oct 24, 2016 4:02 pm
Shamush follows Mordred's lead, putting away his club for the moment.
Oct 24, 2016 4:31 pm
Zangua follows Domarc, carrying his prisoner for future interrogation.
Oct 24, 2016 4:53 pm
The party hurries back up the stairs and down the halls and then downstairs again to rejoin the rest of their companions. Martjan's eyes grow wide with horror when she sees what Zangua is carrying.

"What? No! No! What is this!? What happened back there?"

"The Six-Pronged Crown," Zora says flatly.

Martjan puts her hand on her forehead. "Is he alive? What in the Nine Hells are you planning to do with him?"
Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm
"I saw one of them watching us," begins Zangua, raising an eyebrow at the appearance of yet another new person. "He left and brought this fellow back in, and they started wrecking the place. This guy is a magic user; I figure he's probably smart enough to know what's going on, so figure out what questions you want to ask before he wakes up."
Oct 24, 2016 5:23 pm
"Beyond the pointy hat crew, we're going to have city guards here soon enough," Domarc says. "They are going to have lots of questions, and I don't think we have satisfactory answers. Whatever we are going to do, we need to do it fast."
Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm
"Wrecking the place? Wrecking how? Who is dealing with this? Are the guards --" she stops, takes a deep breath. "We don't have time for an interrogation. If they know we're here, we need to get out immediately. I may never be safe here again and I can't even consider the implications of that right now." Her eyes dart over toward Zora: a fleeting, accusatory glance. "Let's go. We can leave him in the alley. Come on."

"I think Zangua's right. I think we should question him," Zora says.

Players, you have a few different courses of action you can advocate for right now:

1) Ditch blue robe in the alley and follow Martjan to a safe house
2) Wake blue robe up and question him right here
3) Take blue robe out of the WBTC and question him at or on the way to the safe house
4) ??? player's choice
Oct 24, 2016 6:32 pm
I say ditch him. We already have some leads to follow up on for now (elves, shipping records, others?) and if the 6PC can track this guy somehow, we can't risk bringing him to a safehouse. As Martjan says, there may be additional 6PCers en route, not to mention the guards, so we don't have enough time to question him here.
Last edited October 24, 2016 6:32 pm
Oct 24, 2016 6:35 pm
Zangua takes the spell component pouch, knife, and ring.
Oct 25, 2016 9:41 am
OOC:
I say ditch, I'd like to take the guy to the warehouse and question him but I suspect hauling an unconscious guy through town will attract guard attention.
Oct 25, 2016 2:59 pm
"Our need now is speed. And if we can, to create some confusion amongst the pointy hats about where we went from here."

Domarc smiles at Martjan. "I warned you I would get bored at some point. But I didn't expect trouble to come find me."
Oct 25, 2016 3:32 pm
"Martjan, how effectively could we hide from the guards here in your building? Are there other secret passages or hiding places? A storeroom that even the tax bureau doesn't know about? Everyone will assume we are going to run, but if we could hide here long enough for the heat to die down we could throw them off the trail considerably."
Oct 25, 2016 5:20 pm
Zangua looks about the group for their vote. He has the smiling man's slender blade in his hand, ready to dispatch the decision.
OOC:
So far that's three to ditch (Felor, Martjan, Mordred), two to question (Zangua, Zora).
Oct 25, 2016 6:16 pm
Martjan smirks at Mordred. "I don't know why you would assume the West Bload Trading Company deals in contraband, but if we did, surely we wouldn't hide it in our very heavily trafficked company headquarters. We may have an out-of-the-way supply closet or two but I'm afraid this isn't a bandit's hideout, there aren't any secret passages here."

I'm afraid we might have to pull a Chuck Cunningham on Vad, I haven't seen him post in quite some time...
Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm
Yeah, hate to lose our MU though... Does anyone have contact with szemely outside the game?
Oct 26, 2016 6:35 pm
Leth is immediately reminded of the time they questioned their would-be assassin at the grave of Edvers, what seems like an eternity ago. Tzipporah had just outright killed the man when he couldn't provide them with the information they wanted.

I wonder where the others are now? Is the crown cult after them too? Were they captured and questioned by the authorities in Sthombo? Leth wonders briefly before his attention comes back to the task at hand. There had been so much bloodshed since the start of their journey together, and all at the hand of this cult. When they set out, Leth had been vehemently against killing their first captive, but now... now he's seen what this group is capable of doing, and the lengths they would go to in order to accomplish their terrible goal. He was surprised to find that he found himself not caring whether this blue-robed man lived or died. So much has changed since we first left sthombo... I wonder if that's for the better?

Leth finally speaks up. "I say we ditch him. We don't have time to question him, and he could potentially be a problem when he wakes up."
Oct 26, 2016 6:40 pm
Zangua shrugs, and lowers the man to the floor. He then plunges the knife into the wizard's throat.
Oct 26, 2016 6:50 pm
The mage's eyes fly open as the knife goes in. He convulses, spewing blood from his mouth with a hideous death-gurgle.

"Oh gods, oh, gods," Martjan says, horrified, flinching away from the gruesome scene.

Zora watches him die. "Take him into the alley," she says as soon as he stops breathing. "Let's go."

For the sake of expediency, here is the loot you collected from Smiling Man and Blue Robe: 5 GP, 30 SP, a Ring of Protection +1, a Silver Dagger +1.

As soon as you're all outside, Martjan, though still breathing rapidly and seemingly in a bit of shock from what she just witnessed, takes command. "Follow me, but spread out, so we're not all walking in one cluster. Walk briskly. If anything happens, let me do the talking. All right? Come on."

Any last actions before leaving the WBTC?
Oct 26, 2016 6:58 pm
Zangua does as ordered, dropping the body into the alley.
OOC:
Who wants the Ring and Dagger?
load next

Thread locked