Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Jun 17, 2016 2:33 pm
As you approach the white stone table, you can more clearly make out the 6 raised platforms. Each is simple in fashion, little more than a small circular extension ontop the larger white stone, which you can now see is covered in intricate carvings, similar in design and variety to those that were on the bars of your cells, all originating from the center. The hole in the ceiling is right over the center of the large stone, and the black gem seems to have landed right in the middle, cracking it, fractures going out forcefully.

Atop each pedestal sits a seemingly mundane object. Across Jorem sits a dull red crystal, no more three inches in length, but well crafted. In front of Edward is a single leather bracer unadorned except for a spearhead embedded into it. Tetsuwan sees a small metal cage, a sphere with longitudinal bars twisted into into 's' shapes, as if the ball has been grasped on either end and turned in opposite directions. The podium in front of Carl contains a necklace composed of bones. Arannis's eyes catch a wooden circlet, as if grown from twisting wood. And before Dwoinan lies a silver chalice, well made and artful without being gaudy.
Jun 17, 2016 2:43 pm
The young man strides forward to look at the bracer. The spear head stirs up a feeling of familiarity, as if he was once a warrior. Before he realizes what he's doing his metallic arm is inches from the bracer. He stops for a moment, wondering whether he should really touch the thing, but then shrugs and grabs hold of it to take a closer look.
Jun 17, 2016 2:52 pm
Keleth sent a note to Naatkinson
Jun 17, 2016 2:53 pm
The metal figure bows its head slightly, as if studying the object on the pedestal before it. The figure makes no other movement.
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Keleth
Last edited June 17, 2016 3:53 pm
Jun 17, 2016 2:56 pm
I look at the red gem, but I'm still distracted by the black orb that cracked the dais. I clamber up onto the dais, managing to keep my form so as not to let on my true shape. I move to the orb and reach out and touch it. This...this disrupted the magic in the lines, I say, to no one in particular.
Jun 17, 2016 2:57 pm
The young man stiffens with shock, eyes widening as he slips the bracer onto his left (non-mechanical) wrist. He is silent for a moment, "My name is Edward Elric," he says into the mostly silent room, "I remember that much now."
Jun 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Keleth sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
As Jorem approaches the black them, you all more clearly see what it looks like. It is a vaguely roundish chunk of unhewn black gem, very dull and unremarkable. If you were passing this on the road, it would have been completely ignored.

http://whisperingtree.net/blog/images/stories/images/articles/black_tourmaline_2.jpg
OOC:
The gem in this gem is shiny, the gem on the stone is not.
Keleth sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Jun 17, 2016 3:38 pm
I try gently to pick up the stone. I expect it to be quite heavy if it has cracked the dais.
Jun 17, 2016 3:40 pm
It's not very heavy, about the weight you'd expect for it's size, if not just a bit heavier.
OOC:
I ended up editing the last post with some more details before you posted PhantomNimbus.
Jun 17, 2016 3:43 pm
I set the black gem back down, Whatever magic it may have contained is spent. I move back to the red gem on the pedestal and pick this one up to examine it closer.
Jun 17, 2016 3:55 pm
The elf walks towards thesis opposite his cell. He just under 6ft with shorts black hair cut into a Mohawk. He has blue and black tattoos running up his arms and poking out of the collar of his shirt. He looks at the circlet for a moment before reaching out and placing it on his head
Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm
The metallic humanoid still has not spoken. Perhaps it is incapable of speech? It also appears to be oblivious to its surroundings apart from the pedestal. It now seems doubtful that the bowing movement it made earlier was indeed any form of acknowledgement of anyone else's presence. At length, it picks up the object in front of it and after turning it this way and that, attempts to slot it into the opening on its chest.
Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm
Keleth sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Keleth sent a note to Scotash
Tetsuwan picks up the orb, quickly slotting it into it's chest, as if it was a practiced action. A small spark lights in its center, turning into a glowing yellow light, which spreads through whatever this being has for veins through it's body. It shudders for a brief second and collects itself. As the light fades to what must be normal levels, what was a shambly robot, looking near broken down, is now a much more collected being. It's as if the dust and rust that was on him is less so, but light doesn't do that, does it?

Keleth sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Jun 17, 2016 4:27 pm
Jorem, I say quietly to myself. Feeling it's familiarity. My name is Jorem, I say, addressing the others, still trying to keep my hood low to cover the lack of a head that would normally fill a helmet.
Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm
A sense of relief flows over the elf as soon as the circlet touched his head. A wild smile breaks out across his face. He turns to the young man

Good to meet you Edward. I am Arannis He holds his hand out to Edward
Jun 17, 2016 4:49 pm
Edward nods to Arannis and shakes the fleshy hand using his cold metal one, "Looks like we're all starting to feel a bit better, doesn't it?"
Jun 17, 2016 4:51 pm
The old man shuffles slowly out, having spent most of the time watching everyone's actions. Clad in a simple brown robe cinched at the waist with rope, he seems the most plain of the group. He looks down at his own weathered hands and bare feet, and back to the others. He suddenly feels like he is the exotic one.

His attention is now drawn to the silver chalice nearby. Tentatively, he approaches the object, idly scratching his chin and tugging his beard.
Jun 17, 2016 4:58 pm
What was before a tinny, weak voice coming from the suit of armor is now a much strong, more powerful, commanding voice.
OOC:
Do you touch the chalice CancerMan?
Jun 17, 2016 5:04 pm
Arannis smiles at Edward

"It certainly does, doesn't it"

He turns and walks towards Jorem "Well met Jorem" he holds his hand out
Jun 17, 2016 5:38 pm
I holds out my hand and look up, curious about what the elf looks like, I have been averting my gaze from others so they wouldn't see my form. I forget what I seem to be for a moment and look directly at Arannis, showing the elf the empty space where a face and a head should be.

Well met, Arannis, I say. The voice comes out of the area where a face and head should be, but there is nothing in that space.
Last edited June 17, 2016 5:38 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.