Chapter 10 - The Basement

load previous
Mar 12, 2022 10:19 pm
Alice tries to assess the new situation - she sees that the strands that Alana is hanging from are separate from those of Logan and the spider.
I'm gonna get stuck to the web if I touch it... maybe... she removes her shirt, stripping to her vest. She wraps the shirt around her hands and grabs the thickest strand that connects to Alana.
"I'll help you by pulling this, Al!"
She pulls as hard as she can.
OOC:
attempting support - nope

-Logan
-Alice

-Alana
-Spider
-Cody

Rolls

Alice Evans: Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (3) = 3

Mar 13, 2022 8:10 am
Now that the web is broken, Al thinks that maybe she'll be able to get free.
She tries to pull away and get unstuck.
OOC:
Sorry, just saw you called for athletics-1. Atheltics is the same dice, so just subtract 1 from my results
Last edited March 13, 2022 8:34 am

Rolls

Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (4) = 4

Mar 13, 2022 8:35 am
With the sticky strands not resisting so efficiently, now the structure of the web is compromised, Alana manages to free herself enough to gain a little freedom of movement. With relief, she can now move her arms and legs, albeit dragging with her long fringes of the sticky stuff.
OOC:
Next round she'll be able to climb.

Spider

Dr_B

Mar 13, 2022 8:40 am
Spider
the Spider sees its main prey Alana wiggling free of the net, and shoots up some webbing to keep her in its trap.

Rolls

Shooting - (1d8, RA)

(6) = 6

Mar 13, 2022 8:42 am
Alana feels some viscous stuff hitting her with force around the feet. She looks down to see fresh, sticky strands of web attached to her feet! The sticky stuff, still wet and glistening, is now connected with the spider, down below underneath her!
Mar 13, 2022 8:46 am
"Hang on guys! I'm coming down!"

From his torn wallpaper patch, Cody looks at the stretch of wall separating him from the doorframe and attempts to climb to cross it. From there, the irregularities in the doorframe wood will bring him to the base of the door where Alice is.
OOC:
Spends one of his 2 remaining Bennies

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (1) = 1

Athletics, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (2) = 2

Mar 13, 2022 8:49 am
Puffing and panting, Cody arrives at the base of the door after the challenging climb down.
OOC:
cards!

Deck Draws

Alana, Cody, Logan, Alice, Spider
8 of Diamonds
Black Joker
8 of Hearts
Jack of Spades
Queen of Clubs
Mar 13, 2022 8:53 am
OOC:
Cody draws a Joker, +2 to rolls and damage for him. Also, everyone gains a Benny, and we shuffle the cards. Cody can go any time he chooses.

Since the Spider drew the highest card, Cody wants to act first.

-Cody
-Spider
-Alice
-Logan
-Alana
Mar 13, 2022 8:58 am
Cody looks at the web filaments connecting to where the Spider is. He rushes to the end of the closest one that he can reach. He lies flat on his stomach and clutches at the filament.

"Hold on tight Logan, I'll make the spider dance a bit!"

He starts pulling and shaking the web filament as violently as he can, to try shake off the spider, or confuse it enough to neutralise it.

Rolls

Str+2 - (1d6+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Spider

Dr_B

Mar 13, 2022 9:00 am
Spider
The Spider is caught in the erratic vibrations and tries to balance and stay in place despite the wild swinging.
OOC:
opposed Agility roll
The Spider stays stubbornly attached in place!
However, Cody's manoeuvre made it let go of the fresh strands attached to Alana's feet.

It is its round now, and the Spider climbs up, it wants to leave the web and climb on the wall!

Rolls

Agility - (1d10, RA)

(8) = 8

Athletics (climb) - (1d10, RA)

(6) = 6

Mar 13, 2022 9:05 am
The Spider abandons the web and reaches the wall. Once there it is very fast! In one quick climb, he reaches the level of the base of the door, near Cody and Alice!
Mar 13, 2022 9:08 am
Alice swears, seeing it approach that fast. She tries going on with her plan, pulling towards her the strands attached to Alana while protecting her hands with her shirt.
OOC:
spends the benny she just gained for Cody's joker

Rolls

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (4) = 4

Mar 13, 2022 9:13 am
With great strength of will, Alice manages to pull up Alana to the safety of the base of the door. As Alana crawls over the edge, Alice falls back panting in exhaustion.
OOC:
Alana and Logan next. Logan is still two spaces down from the base of the door (where everyone else is now gathered)
[base of door - Al, Ali, Cody] [wall, Spider]
[.]
[Logan]
Mar 13, 2022 10:10 am
"That's so mean," Al complains. "You two have swords now and I don't!" She looks around for anything that could serve as a weapon.
OOC:
Is the match nearby?
Mar 13, 2022 10:20 am
The match is lost somewhere down below in the hanging web.

However, Al can see a big splinter of wood dislodged from the wooden board forming the top of the step.

If she manages to detach it, it will be so long that it will reach up to her shoulder.
OOC:
Strength roll to break it off the board. Also, the only one with a sword at the moment is Alice with her nail, Cody and Logan have lost theirs.
Mar 13, 2022 10:28 am
OOC:
They have them in spirit
Al tries to break that splinter free so she has a weapon against the spider.

Rolls

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 13, 2022 10:48 am
The splinter comes off with a cracking sound. It is tapered at one end and thick at the other, so she can use it as a club or as a stabbing weapon.
Mar 13, 2022 1:02 pm
Logan once again tries to climb up the web and rejoin his friends.

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d4-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d4-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

1d6-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

Mar 13, 2022 2:36 pm
Logan successfully climbs up for a good stretch, dragging with him sticky strands of web still attached to his body. He reaches roughly where Alana was before, still not quite making it to the step where the others are.

[base of door - Al, Ali, Cody] [wall, Spider]
[Logan]
[.]
OOC:
-Cody
-Spider
-Alice
-Logan
-Alana
Mar 13, 2022 2:38 pm
OOC:
Was retrieving the weapon not my action for the turn?
load next

Thread locked