Chapter 10 - The Basement

load previous
Mar 15, 2022 5:22 pm
Logan hears Al as she complains about getting stuck. Returning the favor, Logan walks over and reaches down under the door and starts to pull Al out from under the door.

Rolls

Strength, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (1) = 1

Mar 15, 2022 5:34 pm
Alana feels her forearm being grabbed and she is pulled through the gap by Logan.
She comes out of there a mess of dust and scratches, but the four are regrouped in the basement room.

The smell hits her nostrils - very unpleasantly.
Mar 15, 2022 5:36 pm
"I take it back! This isn't very cool either," Al comments. "But that green light! That must be what made us small."
Mar 15, 2022 5:42 pm
The overwhelming presence of the dead 'giant' starts to sink in. This is a dead person, a very new and unsettling experience for them. If that wasn't enough, it is on a colossal scale!!

Finding a dead body comes with a lot of questions. Who should they tell? They cannot ignore this...
Mar 15, 2022 5:43 pm
Al stares at the body for a moment, then she says: "If there's a dead person here, you all know what that means!", she says nervously. She swallows and then says: "There must be a ghost in the house."
Mar 15, 2022 5:48 pm
Well...not necessarily, but I get your point. The real question is what do we do about the body? When we get back to normal size, who do we tell? Technically, we're not supposed to be in here. Do you know how much trouble we could get into. As Logan lets his points sink in, he starts to make his way across the floor.
Mar 15, 2022 5:51 pm
"Trouble, shmouble," Al shrugs. "Let's just tell the police Cody did it!" She grins at him for a moment. "And besides, it's not our fault we're in here. Chet chased us! We just wanted to hide."
Mar 15, 2022 5:51 pm
"Jeez... a dead... giant" he says , approaching the head of the man gingerly. It towers over you like a whole house...
Mar 15, 2022 5:53 pm
"Yes.. they chased us. With knives, and stuff! And then.. and then the dogs!?!" you can hear the anxiety in her voice.
Mar 15, 2022 9:59 pm
Cody eventually looks away from the massive corpse.
"Well, guys... if we stay this small... the police won't even hear us. Let's check that green light out." He looks in the direction where the green flashes seem to come from.
Mar 15, 2022 10:09 pm
The green energy filaments are coming from a tall wooden table, and seem similar to how you remember the beam of light that came through the floor before you lost consciousness.

You cannot yet see what is causing the flashes, but the intermittent, flickering bursts remind you of a short circuit, or a malfunction. When the light is on it is quite blinding, and makes it difficult to look at it directly.
Mar 15, 2022 10:10 pm
"Do you think that he... that he was zapped by that green light?..." she says pointing at the giant corpse. "Will it kill us too, if go close?"
Mar 15, 2022 10:17 pm
I don't think so...if it did kill him, I doubt it would've shrunk us. I think he died some other way.

Logan keeps moving across the floor, but looks closely at the body to see what he notices about it.

Rolls

Survival, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (3) = 3

Mar 15, 2022 10:30 pm
Logan notices that the man's fingertips bear some burn marks, and that next to his hand there is a screwdriver.
Mar 15, 2022 10:35 pm
Squadfather44 sent a note to Dr_B
Mar 15, 2022 10:37 pm
Dr_B sent a note to Squadfather44
Mar 16, 2022 5:48 am
"I need to get up on that table!", Al says. She looks around to try and find something she can use to climb up.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 16, 2022 7:45 am
Logan looks at the body and then at the screwdriver. Looking over at Cody, Logan tells him about his theory. I think he got electrocuted...maybe he was working on the machine and did something wrong.
Mar 16, 2022 9:27 am
Alana shields her eyes from the blinding green glare and tries to find a route to the table.

There seem to be a variety of shelves that seem climbable, or she can try the legs of the table itself - but the main issue does not seem to be the climb. The intensity of the green light (when it flickers on) seems so intense that going near its source seems like a sure recipe for blindness.
Mar 16, 2022 3:23 pm
"I wish I had brought my sunglasses!", Al complains. "But maybe I can climb up if I keep my eyes shut. And then I just need to find the off-switch. With my eyes closed. Or I could put some cloth over my eyes."
load next

Thread locked