Prologue part 2

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 26, 2022 3:55 am
Mal is not very smart, but he is spirited.

He stands up, grabbing his maul on the way up, and tries to muscle his way into smacking the undead again with his maul.
OOC:
Move: Stand up
Free: grab maul
Action: Smack with maul

Current HP: 3/36
Mal connects with the zombie’s head, and the maul caves the zombie’s head in.
Last edited March 26, 2022 6:53 am

Rolls

Maul to hit - (1d20+6, 2d6+4)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

2d6+4 : (41) + 4 = 9

Reroll damage - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Mar 26, 2022 5:14 am
OOC:
Mal could reroll 1 on maul damage
please reroll and if it is anything but 1 you could describe how you finish enemy1.

Youth- reminder you have exhausted lvl 1 yor str check will have disadvantage. And raw there are no fire so I assume it is toll the dead

Rolls

wisdom save - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Mar 26, 2022 4:00 pm
OOC:
Just to do something different, Yoth will take the Help action to give Mal advantage on his next attack.

Action: Help Mal with his next attack.

Undead enemy

GreyWord

Mar 26, 2022 4:19 pm
Undead enemy

First zombie warrior stay still headless. Only few second later it start falling. Meanwhile second continue attacking Yoth. Yoth avoid sword, but it not the bite... necrotic attack succeed against cleric

Rolls

Sword attach - (2d20L1+4)

(147) + 4 = 11

Bite - (2d20L1+4)

(1118) + 4 = 15

Bite necrotic damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Mar 26, 2022 4:25 pm
Whenwhile the delighted gnome does nothing but cry it worked. Elf throw one more potion (appears it was last as he order human to disengage) , this time he hits much better and you see smoke coming from zombie flesh. While human try to help him and stones are thrown at second zombie warrior

Name Location Notes
Yoth melee
Mal'i'Gott' melee
Enemy2 melee taken 19 damage
Allies 5-60 feet from you some are hiding, but must are attacking
OOC:
Your turn! I Assume Youth does help, right?

Rolls

Potion to hit - (2d20H1+1)

(189) + 1 = 19

Damage - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Mar 26, 2022 5:06 pm
OOC:
Yep. Yoth is still helping.
Mar 26, 2022 5:14 pm
OOC:
If Mal attack then roll with advantage
Mar 28, 2022 5:44 am
OOC:
OK, since player has not posted for more than 36 hours I am executing his action. Normally it would be dodge, but since Yoth helps him attacking it will be maul attack with advantage

Rolls

Mal'i'Gott': Maul to hit (advantage) - (2d20H1+6)

(161) + 6 = 22

Mal'i'Gott': Maul damage - (2d6+4)

(55) + 4 = 14

Mar 28, 2022 5:52 am
Mal swings right into the enemy chest which were barely holding together breaking zombie in half like a stick.
OOC:
Second monster were half damaged at the beginning of the battle and is now gone
Battle is over. Out of initiative
Crowd is cheering. Only gnome seems more interested in investigating the effect of his fire bomb and what's left of it.
Mar 28, 2022 6:35 am
Mal walks up to gnome and says, "What you find out, friend? If more come, does Fire work better than force?"

After discussion with the gnome, he walks up to the lizard and says, "Thank you, Yoth. Your help was so valuable in that fight.

"I think we should rest, lest we get assaulted again by more monsters."

He then goes back to where his gear was, collects the javelins, his great sword, his armor, and any other items he might have dropped or not brought with him to this fight, and then he asks the woman who released him from the box thing: "Is there any safe place that Yoth and I can rest?"
OOC:
Sorry! Like I said before, weekends (especially Sundays) are tough posting days for me.
Last edited March 28, 2022 6:36 am

Lilly

GreyWord

Mar 28, 2022 7:14 am
Lilly
Lilly soon appears This was unexpected. I'm afraid the group of maze runners did not survive there and were killed by those. Your arrival were were so fortunate. Usually we suggest those arriving to immediately have rest, but I would be happy if you could stay until other maze runners return from maze - just in case these we not the only monsters to decide come out of maze.
And she order some people to dig a few pit traps.

Gnome is brusque, but you understand it was only bomb he had and is going to make more now as he saw it working.
Elf who were healing you is more cooperative. He explains that maze runners usually bring some ingredients from the maze. Craftsman in the settlement are able to design some equipment useful in fighting monsters. He was able to create 3 holy water bottles and could make more.
OOC:
I plan to have you meet the base team returning from maze before you finish short rest and then you will be able to take long rest. But we need to wait for them and could do some role-playing and lore question-answer with Lilly meanwhile
Mar 28, 2022 12:04 pm
Yoth nods at Mal's thanks, and then agrees with the sentiment about rest. "Indeed. We would do well to rest."

Yoth looks around the camp, taking special note of those that helped them during the fight. It appears that what Lily initially told him was true - these people are as much prisoners here as he is. Strangely, the fight has left Yoth feeling more comfortable with his situation - at least as far as the people of the camp are concerned.

Yoth gathers his possessions and takes them to his tent to rest. He puts his armor on, in case more monsters should charge into the camp.

"Lily," Yoth says when the old woman next checks on him, "do you or any of these people know how you came to be here? Or did everyone arrive with no memory as Mal and I have?"
Mar 28, 2022 10:02 pm
Mal nods, agreeing with Lilly's assessment, and puts his chain mail armor on. He investigates the undead bodies, hoping to find armor or weapons or something else that may prove useful. He gathers whatever arrows and the bows, as well, in case he finds someone who could use them.

He then takes a whetstone and starts to sharpen his greatsword, cleans the blade, and then moves to cleaning and fixing the grip on his maul.

He also asks Lilly: "Are there other stores of armor, or maybe some form of food or healing to help Yoth and I manage our wounds. We would have faired better had we enough time to properly prepare for that last fight."

Lilly

GreyWord

Mar 29, 2022 9:44 am
Lilly
Your memories will come slowly come back to you just as they do for everyone here.
Lilly sigh, but then smiles and add Every morning I wake up with new memories, it is like putting pieces of puzzle together.
Then she asks you to look at the settlement - you notice smith at work in an improvised workshop, you see woman working with some herbs, and others working.
You must be thankful for equipment you got in your cage. Our tools are primitive and resources scare, but we try to get some items for maze runners done. I believe the gnome will be able to tailor another bomb or to by tomorrow morning.
OOC:
Later when you join the base group I will explain rules for getting new equipment. You can't buy anything, but you will be able to order equipment prepared for you, but it will take time. Full plate for example would take 5 days to create so it is not an option, but a settlement smiths if work together could prepare one splint during one day.
Mar 29, 2022 9:45 am
OOC:
You gather 2 Longswords and 2 Longbows from the enemies as well as let's say 20 arrows
Mar 29, 2022 9:55 am
Later Lilly explains you what a maze runner means. There are some experience adventurers such as yourself in the settlement who run the deadly maze. Maze doors open each day at the same time and closes with 8 hours. Maze contains monsters and chests. Chests contain food, tools, ingredients - those are used in the settlement to tailor equipment as mentioned before.
Since there are 4 doors maze runners are split into 4 parties and each party has their own bag of holdings to put content of chests into.

Not every adventurer survive, but a few new cages appear from underground ever day providing reinforcement. Despite high risk no adventurer have yet declined the chance to go into the maze to get food and items.

If you have any questions about maze or settlement life - now is the time to ask them
Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm
OOC:
Skipping detailed roleplaying, Yoth would have these questions:

1. As he asked previously, he wants to know if the others in the camp are amnesiac, and also if they know how they arrived at the camp.
2. Is the food from the mazes the only source of food for the entire camp?
3. Is anyone in the camp thinking of ways to escape their location - which seems to be a prison? Or is the camp simply content to just survive for as long as they can?
4. Does anyone know how long the camp has existed? Has it been here longer than anyone currently alive in the camp? Or are there people in the camp who have been here "since the beginning" (whatever that may mean)?
Mar 29, 2022 3:20 pm
OOC:
everyone arrived same way as you did over the last 3 days. Everyone have same issues with memory
food - yes only from maze, that's why need to risk maze runner lives
one of the reasosn maze runner run maze - hope to find exit from the prison
3 days is all they know
Mar 29, 2022 4:17 pm
"Lilly, have there been adventurers that have stayed in the maze overnight? What happens to them?"

Lilly

GreyWord

Mar 29, 2022 5:15 pm
Lilly
We all stay overnight. Night is calm. Maze doors are closed and nothing even happened during the night.
OOC:
Long rest as usual plus everyone get level up - except Mal and Youth will not get level up this night - I decided to let you start at lvl 4 already
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.