OOC

load previous
Apr 22, 2022 9:31 pm
annex says:
My suggestion: make it up as you go along in-character. Good ol' improv: "Yes, and..."
Remember those orphans that kept Presto in town a little longer than expected? Before their previous adventure, those kids still had parents.

Kidding of course, improv-ing it is fine
Apr 22, 2022 10:42 pm
Jabes got it.
Apr 22, 2022 10:47 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
Jabes got it.
I applaud the geekery. :)
Apr 23, 2022 3:05 am
JoshuaMabry says:
Jabes got it.
Damn, been too long. I knew I recognized the idea…
Apr 24, 2022 2:46 pm
I took these for Hank, and I'm intending to reskin them descriptively as the arrow effects produced by Hank's bow. (Lots of interesting things his magic arrows can do!) I'll keep looking for better items to replicate those effects!

Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments
Iron Bands of Binding
Dimensional Shackles
Decanter of Endless Water
Bag of Holding
Gem of Brightness
Last edited April 25, 2022 3:32 pm
Apr 24, 2022 4:36 pm
BedzoneII says:
I took these for Hank, and I'm intending to reskin them descriptively as the arrow effects produced by Hank's bow. (Lots of interesting things his magic arrows can do!) I'll keep looking for better items to replicate those effects!

Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments
Iron Bands of Binding
Daern's Instant Fortress
Decanter of Endless Water
Wind Fan
Gem of Brightness
You're more than welcome to take Daern's Instant Fortress, but Presto's Hat has some similar functionality that he'll be making use of. Your call, though!
Apr 24, 2022 7:53 pm
Hey gang. Sorry I missed the first round of RP there. Though past few days. I'll post something to the game thread after I'm done here.

I've picked Diana's extra magic items. Warning: they are not min/maxed. They're mostly things that I think would have aided Diana during her solo-adventures in the realm (touched on in her backstory). These extra items are as follows:

* Rope of Climbing (uncommon item) - She's an acrobat with a pole tailor made for tightrope walking. It's a must-have.
* Goggles of Night (uncommon item) - Practical. I hate playing characters that can't see in the dark.
* Broom of Flying (uncommon item) - Mostly because I wanted to be able to pull something long out of her haversack (see below). Also - flying!
* Heward's Handy Haversack (rare item) - Like a bag of holding, but better! And in comes with alliteration.
* Figurines of Wonderous Power: Ivory Steeds (rare item - reskinned Ivory Goats, but horses, and Horse of Terror has no detachable horns). - In my research, it said Diana was also an equestrian, so I wanted her to have horses.
* Rod of Security (very rare item) - Not much to choose from in the Very Rare category, so I chose this. I figure the "Paradise" is where she trained with Kosar. Also, it's just a bizarre item. I mean... fun item.
Apr 24, 2022 8:39 pm
I can already see that The Staff does not like the broom one bit! :P *makes note*
Apr 25, 2022 12:56 am
Ezz. says:

You're more than welcome to take Daern's Instant Fortress, but Presto's Hat has some similar functionality that he'll be making use of. Your call, though!
Oh that's great, lemme look for something else. I want to replicate one of the instances where Eric is falling and Hank forms a 'cushion' of some sort with a net of arrows to cushion his fall. Rewatching some more for ideas!
Apr 25, 2022 3:48 am
BedzoneII says:

Oh that's great, lemme look for something else. I want to replicate one of the instances where Eric is falling and Hank forms a 'cushion' of some sort with a net of arrows to cushion his fall. Rewatching some more for ideas!
There's always the actual flying carpet, but I believe that's considered a very rare item. Good luck!
Apr 25, 2022 7:02 am
Hi folks! Busy weekend whew! Hoping to finish Bobby's items now and looking forward to our first encounter!
Apr 25, 2022 7:18 am
Uncommon
* Bag of Holding
* Bottled Breath
* Potion of Greater Healing
* Saddle of the Cavalier

Somehow it feels wrong to saddle Uni. I'll have to think of another Uncommon.

Rare
* Dimensional Shackles
* Heward's Handy Haversack
* Potion of Heroism
* Potion of Invulnerability

Very Rare
* Horshoes of a Zephyr
* Dispelling Stone
annex says:
And please buy consumables! :P
Consumables
* 5 doses Olisuba Leaf
* up to what grade of healing potion can be bought? Or does that come out of the stated rarity budget (three uncommon magic items, two rare items, one very rare item.)?
Last edited April 25, 2022 6:52 pm
Apr 25, 2022 10:47 am
Comes out of the budget.
Apr 25, 2022 6:53 pm
Got it. Added Potion of Greater Healing to my Uncommons.
Last edited April 25, 2022 6:53 pm
Apr 26, 2022 7:00 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
...common sense dictates we teleport right into the fort where the hostages are.
Right into the center of whatever trap they've laid! 🤣
Apr 26, 2022 6:26 pm
What's this? A new part of the group: a cleric?
And doesn't Eric look awesome?
[ +- ] Stormwreck Isle art
Apr 26, 2022 7:24 pm
annex says:
And doesn't Eric look awesome?
Of course he does. :-)
Apr 26, 2022 9:53 pm
Has anyone seen art of Sheila in this new set? Maybe she got replaced by the cleric or is the cleric. In some translations, she was referred to as The Nurse, instead of the Thief.
Apr 26, 2022 10:21 pm
I haven't found any other art apart from the cover and that Eric piece. More will appear online once the release date gets closer. If she's now a cleric who can go invisible, that's great.
Here's the full cover art.
Obviously Hank, Diana, and Eric make it plus whoever that cleric is but I'm concerned that there're only 5 pregens. :(
Apr 27, 2022 12:19 am
annex says:

Obviously Hank, Diana, and Eric make it plus whoever that cleric is but I'm concerned that there're only 5 pregens. :(
That means that the odd one out is the BBEG, right? (My money is on Presto)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.