OOC

load previous
Apr 19, 2022 8:34 pm
I assembled a short list using just Uncommon items (which I figured are littered like sprinkles all over 20-odd levels of character progression). I also tried to add items that weren't primarily related to combat (a +1 so-and-so felt greedy when we've got godlike items like The Hat). I think the list is pretty good, it's just up to DM how many items he'd prefer to dole out and if he thinks any of them are too "much".
Apr 19, 2022 8:35 pm
Great! I defer to Presto's judgment. ;)
Apr 19, 2022 8:40 pm
I'll modify the DMG suggestions for this one. Regarding scrolls, non-attuning magic items, potions, etc., each of you gets: three uncommon magic items, two rare items, one very rare item.
You also each get one healing potion of each level/type (common to supreme).
Apr 19, 2022 8:46 pm
And don't choose any Capes of the Mountebank. You'll see. :)
Apr 19, 2022 8:48 pm
Intriguing...Looks like I've got more research to do (he said with the nerdiest and most unironic excitement)!
Apr 19, 2022 9:00 pm
annex says:
Regarding scrolls, non-attuning magic items, potions, etc., each of you gets: three uncommon magic items, two rare items, one very rare item.
Is this in addition to or inclusive of what we already have on our sheets?
Apr 19, 2022 9:04 pm
RageRed says:
annex says:
Regarding scrolls, non-attuning magic items, potions, etc., each of you gets: three uncommon magic items, two rare items, one very rare item.
Is this in addition to or inclusive of what we already have on our sheets?
Addition!
Apr 19, 2022 10:23 pm
Btw I'm geeking out at the League of Malevolence! Brilliant!
Apr 19, 2022 11:15 pm
Right? I really dig that they make a legitimate party after coming together. I want to know their subclasses and backstory and everything, haha!
Apr 20, 2022 2:28 am
Having them be non-attunable makes it a really difficult set of decisions for Presto, but I think I'm settling on:

Uncommon:
Bag of Holding
Immovable Rod
Sending Stones

Rare:
Portable Hole
Eagle Whistle

Very Rare:
Reincarnation Dust
Scroll of Teleport (level 7 spell)
Last edited April 20, 2022 1:49 pm
Apr 20, 2022 2:45 am
Remember that you can also buy consumables. ;)

So Presto's working on that message for the group. What're you all doing when you get the call? Sound off in the main thread.
BedzoneII says:
Btw I'm geeking out at the League of Malevolence! Brilliant!
Ezz. says:
Right? I really dig that they make a legitimate party after coming together. I want to know their subclasses and backstory and everything, haha!
To be fair, WotC reintroduced them in 'Witchlight'. I just made them more malevolent. ^_^
Plus it seems the forthcoming starter set 'Dragons of Stormwreck Isle' will feature our heroes finally! The so far low quality images of the cover seem to show Hank and Diana fighting a blue dragon!
https://ddoplayers.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-new-dd-ai.jpg
Apr 20, 2022 7:31 am
Sheila's new items

Uncommon:
Circlet of Blasting
Efficient Quiver
Keoghtom's Ointment

Rare:
Iron Bands of Binding
Spellwrought Tattoo (5th)

Very Rare:
Reincarnation Dust
Apr 20, 2022 1:10 pm
I feel like I've already chosen plenty of magic items. Between my Javelin of Lightning, what's in my Efficient Quiver, and what's in my Handy Haversack, I'm all set. I will take the potions of healing.
Apr 20, 2022 1:30 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
I feel like I've already chosen plenty of magic items. Between my Javelin of Lightning, what's in my Efficient Quiver, and what's in my Handy Haversack, I'm all set. I will take the potions of healing.
Feel free to choose more potions of ___ or scrolls of ___.
Apr 20, 2022 1:34 pm
I think I've made a mistake somewhere. I don't have any gold listed on my character. What was our budget?
Apr 20, 2022 1:38 pm
20,000 gp in theory but you probably have access to far, far more through Presto or the powerful friends you've made.
Apr 20, 2022 1:38 pm
Ezz. sent a note to annex
Apr 20, 2022 1:40 pm
Is there a bank that converts US dollars to Faerun gold? ;-)
Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm
I've seen gold to USD conversion threads but you won't need to find a magical cambio.

If you have any spells which require expensive material components, assume you have them already.
Apr 20, 2022 1:49 pm
Since Sheila is going to have Reincarnation Dust (ostensibly to resurrect Presto since he can resurrect anyone else given some time and some luck), I'm going to give him a level 7 spell scroll instead which he'll inscribe into his handy dandy spell book. Which is a massive tome kept inside an extradimensional space inside his Hat, because of course he does.

Going to take Teleport. Too convenient to leave behind.

EDIT: I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't tempted by a Tome of Clear Thought, but given how much power Presto is already wielding, that felt like cheating
Last edited April 20, 2022 1:57 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.