OOC

load previous
Apr 3, 2022 6:23 pm
One more set of interactions to go, then you can talk amongst yourselves to flesh out any final character points, then we begin!
Apr 3, 2022 7:15 pm
annex says:

[teachermode]
I'd like you to say what your character thinks of each of the others and how you interact with them. No essays necessary, just a line or two. Dialogue and possible changes will obviously follow but I'd like to see how you're all thinking about each other at this point.
[/teachermode]
Will get this done today!
Last edited April 3, 2022 7:15 pm
Apr 3, 2022 8:54 pm
annex says:
[ +- ] Happy Se7enth! What did you get?
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;p
Apr 3, 2022 9:51 pm
RageRed says:
annex says:
[ +- ] Happy Se7enth! What did you get?
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;p
It just came to me right off the top of my noggin.
Apr 4, 2022 5:05 pm
Had a really tough day. Creativity just not there. So sorry! Will get the homework done tomorrow I swear!
Apr 4, 2022 5:36 pm
No rush!
Apr 5, 2022 1:14 am
...as seen on the D&D FB page...
Those kids never escaped from the realm of Dungeons & Dragons. They're still there to this very day.
They got trapped in the shirt realm too: http://spr.ly/6185Kv3fS

The associated pic is of course the kids on a t-shirt. :P
Apr 5, 2022 1:45 am
Hey DM and others, starting tomorrow I'll be a bit slow-to-post (or react) to things for a couple weeks. We leave on vacation on Thursday and I've got a metric butt-ton of stuff to do before then. We're officially back on the 17th, but I'd say the 18th or 19th before we're back to "normal".

I'm more than happy to get started, but I wouldn't expect me posting more than once every day or so until things calm down.

Ezz. sent a note to annex
Apr 5, 2022 2:02 am
Enjoy the vacation! Slow going is fine, especially in these early days.
Apr 5, 2022 3:56 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Bobby went on to become a chef of some small renown but part of him feels like his entire life in this world is just a dream or a pale reflection of the one in the Realm. He's in a committed relationship with Terri, who has some appreciation for his attachment to his life in the Realm, although she has no desire to go back, and (Bobby suspects) only tolerates his need to adventure out of love for him.
Every part of that is me getting autobiographical. I realize if I put any more nuance to it, drawing from my own struggles with mental health and anger issues, this will get pretty grimdark. I think that would be neither healthy nor a good contribution to this game. So I'll leave it vague like that. And with that as a starting point for relationships:

Sheila: Bobby became much closer with Sheila as they grew up, and have supported each other through all of their individual struggles.

Eric: Bobby has had little contact with Eric. Most of what he knows, he heard through Hank.

Presto: For Boby, visiting Presto in the Realm is always a breath of fresh air. Even if it means, as it has countless times, having to face some unspeakable evil together. Presto is the only one besides Sheila and Terri that Bobby has confided in about feeling lost in the real world.

Diana: Despite his obvious athleticism, Bobby never got into sports, and has never felt comfortable around athletes. Still, he has followed Diana's gymnastics and MMA careers on the news enthusiasm.

Hank: As long as Hank lays off the guidance counselor crap, Bobby always looks forward his calls and visits. Even though it often makes him melancholy, he enjoys hearing those little tidbits about the others that Hank likes to share. Once, Bobby started to open up to Hank about feeling more attached to the Realm than their own world. What was Hank's response, @BedzoneII?
Apr 6, 2022 3:20 am
I think Hank would reminisce well with Bobby about the Realm, especially their favourite topic, Uni! You're right that Hank's pretty careful not to impose too hard on Sheila and Bobby both, despite his protectiveness over the siblings.

Hearing Bobby's feelings would definitely push Hank towards thinking about visiting the Realm, and more specifically, trying to gather the crew together again. Perhaps under the auspices of a reunion visit to Presto. The only back of his mind misgiving regarding such a visit is he wonders if all six of them together is a possible trigger for the original magic that trapped them there in the first place.
Apr 6, 2022 3:28 am
Quote:
The only back of his mind misgiving regarding such a visit is he wonders if all six of them together is a possible trigger for the original magic that trapped them there in the first place.
Oh wow! Very interesting angle I hadn't considered! I wonder if it occurred to Bobby? I'll think on it.
Apr 6, 2022 11:36 pm
As someone who deals with anxiety and depression, I'm sadly and critically aware of mental health issues, @Jabes.plays.RPG. You're in good hands here. :) Hands that will only slightly hesitate to TPK if y'all do foolishness, but good hands nonetheless. ;)

How is Monday 11th April for my official first post?
Apr 6, 2022 11:41 pm
The 11th works for me.
Apr 7, 2022 12:01 am
11th is good
Apr 7, 2022 1:00 am
Sounds goooood
Apr 7, 2022 3:58 am
Can't hardly wait!
Apr 7, 2022 8:24 am
i should be ready. I need to make a few adjustments to Sheila's backstory in lieu of details put forth by everyone in their reveals above.
Last edited April 7, 2022 8:24 am
Apr 7, 2022 1:07 pm
*looks over character sheet one last time
Apr 7, 2022 2:35 pm
I had to make myself a cheat sheet for available combat options Actions, B.A., Reactions. 😅
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.