Day 2

load previous
Jun 6, 2022 2:26 pm
Sooo.... What is that thing? Is he a dwarf? A threat? Anguis bends down ad whispers to Torhem...
Jun 6, 2022 2:47 pm
Righ, for Anguis and Bellow it looks like dwarf with unnatural grey skin and white ayes ... maybe a zombie dwarf?
Jun 6, 2022 2:52 pm
Might have been a Duagar before but not now. Just don't know if it is hostile or not. Thorem replies back.
Jun 6, 2022 5:14 pm
Mal attempts to sense evil, and says, "Hmmm, seems unruly. Perhaps we should leave this thing here, and move on."
Jun 6, 2022 5:59 pm
By Trithereon, it needs to be set free.
Do we have a crow bar?
Last edited June 6, 2022 6:45 pm
Jun 6, 2022 8:25 pm
We can go the other way and if we need to come back we can.
Jun 6, 2022 9:42 pm
Okay.
Dude, I'll come back for you after we know what this place is.
As if he heard me at all.
Let's go.
Last edited June 6, 2022 9:43 pm
Jun 7, 2022 5:39 am
While you are talking creature manages to split of a piece of the rock from the wall, pick it in the pincers and carry toward broken bridge.
You watch it proceed with fixing bridge - at leas that is your best guess because you can't really see what it does, but you see creature hammering again.
OOC:
By the way, what do you refer to as "the other way" , if you mean right turn after the door - I hope you could imagine your PCs do not know if there is a "way" - all they would see from their position is feet of platform to the right
Jun 7, 2022 6:38 am
OOC:
Yeppers. Right turn after the door. To hunt for a way to bypass the broken bridge.
Jun 7, 2022 7:13 am
OOC:
OK, cool. As you could see on the map the is little space so you need to move in a line. Unless you specify otherwise I will narrate:
1. Does Thorem who is closest to the doors now goes first
2. Bellow sounds like most willing to move, so I would say he moves seconds
3. Mal, because Anguis spent some time talking hellhound to move down, so they are last in order
4. Hellhound, followed by Anguis who has hard time to keep hound down as it is willing to attack the creature.
Anguis have impression that unless he does something hellhound will do firebreath on the creature once in range.
Jun 7, 2022 3:16 pm
OOC:
Mal is good to be in the back.
Jun 7, 2022 6:02 pm
Anguis will change places with the hound, so that it goes infront. He doesn't care much about some random zombie, might as well serve as dog-food.
Jun 8, 2022 12:19 am
OOC:
Bubbles. I think the GM was referring to the Hell Hound attacking the Duergar.
Jun 8, 2022 6:20 am
OOC:
I know, Anguis thinks that it's a zombie and Torhem confirmed that it was a dwarf..... So from his point of view it's just a random zombie - good enough for hellhound food....

He doesn't want to go first cuz the hound can accidentally attack him...
Last edited June 8, 2022 6:22 am
Jun 8, 2022 6:36 am
OOC:
WelI did say that, didn't i? Anyhow here is the narrative:
Thorem moves into the door. He notice that creature paused his work and stare at you, but does/say nothing.
Bellow is next and feel hot breath of the hellhound just 5 feet away from him
Hellhound barking behind Bellow - everyone hear the aggression and even feel fiend's bloodlust
Anguis allow hellhound moving in front of him and put his effort into holding the rope because hound certainly want to move forward and behaves aggressively.
Mal is 5 feet behind Anguis

https://i.imgur.com/L1BKVSB.png
When hellhound reaches the door it opens it's mouth for the firebreath.
OOC:
Roll initiative. Anyone who think they are surprised by course of actions at the surprise (Anguis(?)) - but I will let players decide that. At least the creature staring at you are in noway surprised

Rolls

Enemy initiative - (1d20-2)

(5) - 2 = 3

Hellhound initiative - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Jun 8, 2022 7:14 am
INIT

Rolls

INIT Check - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Jun 8, 2022 8:44 am
OOC:
Bubbles says:

He doesn't want to go first cuz the hound can accidentally attack him...
Yep, that what I understand. Anguis succeed at that exactly! Now as hellhound is breathing fire upon creature, Thorem and Bellow Anguis is behind.
They still have opportunity to run away or improvise something if their initiative is above hellhound's

I have recently decided that I will in future allow during the combat to improvise spending an action on that
[ +- ] IMPROVISING AN ACTION
Jun 8, 2022 9:40 am
Anguis initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(10) = 10

Jun 8, 2022 3:16 pm
Dude, I'll come back to free you when...
Hey! control that mutt!
Ow!
Last edited June 8, 2022 3:18 pm

Rolls

Init - (d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

hellhound

GreyWord

Jun 8, 2022 8:48 pm
hellhound

Hellhound fire it's breath before anyone even notice : Bellow, Thorem and the strange creature are all on fire
OOC:
THorem and Bellow Make a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw to halve the damage
And it is everyone's turn, creature being last in turn order

Rolls

hellhound fire damage - (6d6)

(116311) = 13

Creature dex save - (1d20-2)

(12) - 2 = 10

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.