Chapter 13 - What Ramon wants

load previous
Apr 11, 2022 8:46 pm
Without your rides, it will take you a good half-hour walk to get to Heron Point, walking West from the Amusement Pier along the coast.
Apr 11, 2022 9:13 pm
"That's a pretty long walk," Al frowns. "And it'll take us away from all the food stands." The gears in her head are visibly turning, trying to decide between hunting monsters and cotton candy. "Maybe Anna can drive us. Then it wouldn't take as long."
Apr 11, 2022 9:23 pm
OOC:
Oh mighty DM...what are Anna's plans for today?
Last edited April 11, 2022 9:23 pm
Apr 11, 2022 9:25 pm
OOC:
Definitely to drive around her annoying little brother and his weird friends
Apr 11, 2022 9:46 pm
OOC:
Anna is currently out and about like everyone else, to enjoy street parties and parades... You can go look for her among the crowds.
Apr 12, 2022 1:35 am
Knowing what Anna's reply will be, Logan still looks for her among the crowds.

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Apr 12, 2022 6:57 am
It takes Logan half an hour to spot some of Anna's friends, and eventually Anna herself. They are sitting on the benches around one of the trees lining this section of the Strip.

Anna, L's sister
"Drive you to Heron Point?! I'm not driving you or anyone else, today! There are so many road closures that I left the car home. Oh, and I'm not your chauffeur Logan!!" she rolls her eyes, then goes back to chat to a boy next to her.
Apr 12, 2022 7:28 am
"Your friend could come!", Al suggests, pointing at the boy. "I bet it's super romantic there."

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Apr 12, 2022 7:36 am
Anna, L's sister
She glares at Alana. Then, "Oh I see. You're looking for a romantic spot. So... You and Loey still... Holding hands?" she teases. Then shakes her head, "I told you, guys. No car today. Go smoochin' some place near."
Apr 12, 2022 7:37 am
Not really knowing any of Logan's family very well, having only met him about ten minutes ago, he keeps quiet and stands behind the two Monster Hunters and let's them do the persuading. He does shake his head in agreement as he considered Alana's argument as to why Logan's sister should drive them.
Apr 12, 2022 11:53 am
"What? Eww, no!", Al replies. "A ghost told Johnny to go to the lighthouse, so that's what we have to do now," she explains.

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Apr 12, 2022 5:01 pm
Anna, L's sister
"Well, tell your ghost that you'll have to walk there," she concludes, then turns to chat to her friends again.
Apr 12, 2022 5:02 pm
Knowing better than to argue with his sister, Logan ushers the others away from her. Come on guys, looks like we're either walking or finding some other means of transportation.
Last edited April 12, 2022 5:02 pm
Apr 12, 2022 5:03 pm
Al sticks out her tongue at Anna. "Fine, but the next time we're in the newspaper, I won't let you be in the picture!", she says before walking away with Logan. "Johnny, are your parents here? Maybe they can drive us."
Apr 12, 2022 8:55 pm
He winced a little bit at Alana's suggestion but played it off, I'm staying with my Aunt's while I'm in Gulf Haven. Mary works late at the cinema so she can't drive us and I'm not sure what Charlene is doing today and we could probably walk there before we'd be able to find her. He looked around to see what was near them, We might want to grab some stuff to take with us, drinks and maybe some food, if we're going out there in case we don't get back for lunch.
Apr 12, 2022 9:33 pm
Logan nods his head in agreement at Johnny's idea. That's a good idea and easy to accomplish. We have our pick of what to eat and drink. We can always break apart long enough to grab some food and then meet back up to head out to the point.

Logan can't help, but to feel excited at the prospect of what their latest adventure could keep to.
Apr 13, 2022 7:01 am
You all stock up on food. There is hardly a shortage of street food, today, with vendors at every corner. Soon you have quite a selection of snacks, sandwiches and soda cans. Alana even finds her cotton candy.

Once regrouped, you set off on foot along the crowded coastal road, past the Amusement Pier (packed with tourists today) and carry on West towards Heron Point.

It is quite a walk, and some of you kill time attacking the snacks while you walk.
Apr 13, 2022 7:18 am
As you proceed West, the road gets less crowded, as visitors are converging towards the opposite direction.
Heron Point gets in sight, and you are excited to spot a red and white lighthouse at the end of the rocky peninsula.

https://i.imgur.com/erBMvGH.jpg

However, as you approach you realize that access to the area surrounding the lighthouse is blocked by tall metal fences across the entire width of the peninsula. There are some signs or similar, hung to the fence.

Someone really made an effort not to get visitors near the lighthouse, and the barrier is about fifty yards /meters away from the red and white tower. The fence is a good three meters high, and it has some barbed wire running along its top.
Apr 13, 2022 7:23 am
"We should walk along the fence," Al suggests annoyed about this obstacle. "Maybe there's a hole in it somewhere. Or we find a door that's not well locked."
Apr 13, 2022 7:35 am
There is only a double door in the fence to allow vehicle access. The two doors are kept shut by a thick chain and padlocked.

The sign on this door says:
Quote:
HERON POINT LIGHTHOUSE
Closed to the public, awaiting restoration. Keep out of the area.

Underneath this sign, a paper flyer has been pinned, saying:
Quote:
The Lighthouse has been especially fitted
with colored lights for the 4th July celebrations.
It will be lit at dusk to celebrate Independence Day.

load next

Thread locked