OOC and character creation

Apr 14, 2022 1:53 pm
Feel free to bring your existing level 2s - or swap them about a bit.
Apr 14, 2022 2:03 pm
I like my character. The only thing I'll adjust is that he's joined up with the newspaper because it will be a good way to learn about the city and all the players. Maybe even give him access to areas and people he might not otherwise be able to encounter.
Apr 14, 2022 2:07 pm
Arr. I think a sleazy warlock would make a perfect reporter.
Apr 14, 2022 2:38 pm
I might swap mine out - but I have a character in mind who got abandoned after a different game faded away
Last edited April 14, 2022 3:49 pm
Apr 14, 2022 2:45 pm
Cool - let me know if you need another class adding to the templates.
Apr 15, 2022 8:26 am
Discord (optional)
If you want discord notifications then join this server.

Character sheets
I'd recommend using the new custom character sheets for your character, rather than a deprecated D&D 5e sheet.

Here are some templates. To use one, expand it, then click "Create Character" in the top right.
Apr 15, 2022 10:25 am
I shall make my character this evening.

Point buy / std array?
Any special restrictions? Only PHB and Tasha Cauldron right?

I have plans to go Rogue.
Apr 15, 2022 10:29 am
Point buy or standard array. PHB, XGtE, Tasha's (including any optional features and custom lineages). Feel free to choose any skills for your background e.g. Charlatan doesn't have to be Deception/Sleight of Hand - choose whatever makes sense for your backstory.
Apr 15, 2022 1:05 pm
I have submitted my character now - it's a firbolg monk for others' reference
Apr 15, 2022 3:47 pm
Hi @KoldikSteelskin and @rujasu.
Apr 15, 2022 4:10 pm
Just to remind people that this is a public game.
[ +- ] If you really need to say something privately - this is how to use notes
Apr 15, 2022 4:53 pm
Hello everyone!
Apr 15, 2022 5:30 pm
At The moment I'm thinking Halflling Barbarian, Though I'm still pondering what makes him angry. I'm throwing around the Idea of two personalities one when angry another one when calm.
Apr 15, 2022 5:57 pm
Also, think what sort of newspaper reporter they'd be.

Are they a click-baity reporter (Ten ways to kill a goblin - you'll never believe number 3)? Fake news? Do they use newspaper headlines (ALEHOUSE MAYHEM KILLS 3)? Are they the cartoonist or photographer (however THAT works)? Maybe they write for the cookery and lifestyle section (which makes the number of corpses adventurers normally create difficult to fit into stories). Perhaps they write political editorials. Have fun with it.
Apr 15, 2022 11:21 pm
I'm way too much of a smart-ass to be anything other than the humor/offbeat section of the newspaper. Maybe I'll run Bard.
Apr 15, 2022 11:23 pm
Submitted my character (Half Elf Rogue)

Maybe they are complete tabloid style:

Is [insert Lord of Waterdeep] involved in illegal schemes? Read it all here.

I would love it if it isn't too much of a serious journalism thing.
Last edited April 15, 2022 11:24 pm
Apr 16, 2022 5:38 am
I think my guy probably posts the letters and comments section, and also maybe spends far too long making those fancy big letters at the start of medieval manuscripts that take up a quarter of a page
Apr 16, 2022 7:14 am
Cettish says:
I would love it if it isn't too much of a serious journalism thing.
It's up to the players to define the tone. If two of you are Woodward and Bernstein style serious investigative journalists, two of you think you're working for Buzzfeed, and one of you thinks it's The Onion - then that's the weird sort of newspaper it'll be.

I plan this to be quite lighthearted. This Waterdeep is a cartoon fantasy city - like Terry Pratchett's Ankh-Morpork but on the Sword Coast.
Apr 16, 2022 7:16 am
We have a firbolg monk, a half-elf rogue, a halfling barbarian, and a fey-touched warlock.

I think we're just waiting for @rujasu.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.