OOC and character creation

load previous
Apr 28, 2022 1:19 pm
I just started reading along today, and it's been so much fun! Fantastic RP, everyone! Outstanding!
Apr 28, 2022 1:25 pm
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Waterdeep.

But you're right - the PCs have character.
Apr 28, 2022 1:31 pm
Adam says:
But you're right - the PCs have character.
yeah I decided to go a bit over the top with Vincent and then it became a lot over the top... I'm just glad I don't have to connect all the dots Vincent is connecting.
Apr 28, 2022 1:35 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I just started reading along today
Heh. Perhaps we should be channelling our inner YouTube influencer.

"Don't forget to hit bookshark and subscribe!"
Apr 28, 2022 1:40 pm
Volo would approve
May 2, 2022 12:36 pm
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be stepping away from this game. I may have taken on one too many games lately and I've struggled to get on board with this game after the format change.

You all and Adam are crushing it. I'm just having a hard time keeping up and getting in to it.

Thanks for running the game Adam and I wish you all good Dice rolls and a ton of fun. See you in the next one.
Last edited May 2, 2022 12:36 pm
May 2, 2022 12:51 pm
Cheers buddy,

Yeah, we've all been there, and it's always wise to cull some games occasionally - especially when it's just not clicking.

I'll see you around in the forums and on the discord.
May 4, 2022 9:50 am
Just FYI - I am a bit slow to keep up at the moment. Doing major crunch time at work to hit a deadline :(
Should be better from next week
May 4, 2022 9:51 am
Boop says:
Just FYI - I am a bit slow to keep up at the moment. Doing major crunch time at work to hit a deadline :(
Thanks for the update. No problem.
May 6, 2022 4:05 pm
Oh the Kenku have been watching good movies :)
May 7, 2022 7:48 am
Boop says:
Done, woohoo
May 7, 2022 10:26 am
Heh. The last time I ran this for level 2s it was almost a TPK, and you're slicing through them like a hot knife through warm butter.
May 9, 2022 6:32 pm
Are we posting still in initiative order? I was waiting for my turn really, but I am getting a bit confused now :)
May 9, 2022 6:46 pm
Yes. It's Patience and Jodelle left to act.
May 9, 2022 11:19 pm
Wasn't trying to jump anyone's turn - Adam said "your actions" which I took to mean "everyone post what you're going to do and they'll happen in the intended order," but sorry if I caused any confusion.
May 10, 2022 6:05 am
Sorry, yes. In PBP I use what Bowlofspinach calls "chaos initiative", where players with initiative can act in any order. It works well with people in different timezones.

When I say:
https://i.imgur.com/g04M6Oo.png
I mean anybody can act (I should really start saying "your turns" for precision).

After this I'll let you know who still has turns like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Qs0mdUM.png
May 10, 2022 6:13 am
Oh. Good to know. I don't know that system at all.

It still assumes that whoever posted first acted first?
As with sneak attacks, they are dependant on my own and someone else's positioning. So it is good to know where everyone is.
May 10, 2022 6:18 am
Cettish says:
Oh. Good to know. I don't know that system at all.

It still assumes that whoever posted first acted first?
As with sneak attacks, they are dependant on my own and someone else's positioning. So it is good to know where everyone is.
Yeah. If someone has posted before you then they've acted before you. It's not according-to-WotC initiative order, but it really speeds up PBP when people are scattered around the world.

I think most DMs play it that way on GP - but I've had one DM who insisted we maintain a strict initiative order. I should have clarified.
May 10, 2022 6:41 am
Adam says:
Sorry, yes. In PBP I use what Bowlofspinach calls "chaos initiative", where players with initiative can act in any order. It works well with people in different timezones.

When I say:
https://i.imgur.com/g04M6Oo.png
I mean anybody can act (I should really start saying "your turns" for precision).

After this I'll let you know who still has turns like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Qs0mdUM.png
This would be very helpful <3
May 10, 2022 8:08 am
Adam says:
[quote="Cettish"]

I think most DMs play it that way on GP - but I've had one DM who insisted we maintain a strict initiative order. I should have clarified.
It is my first D&D on GP. Good to know :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.