📰 A Friend in Need

load previous
Jun 6, 2022 1:22 am
Fynn takes Jodelle's place in front of the ooze and lets out a battle cry as they take a swing of their own at the ooze. "Vincent! Let us subdue this thing swiftly!"
OOC:
Move O5
Attack the Ooze at O6
Bonus Action: Bardic Insipration - Vincent

Rolls

Improvised Club - To Hit - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Improvised Club - Damage - (1d4-1)

(4) - 1 = 3

Bog monster

Adam

Jun 6, 2022 6:10 am
Jodelle searches the Renaer-wrecked frame and arms herself with a makeshift club, as Flynnhorn and Vinnie beat at the approaching corrosive ooze.
OOC:
Damage to ooze: 6
Vinnie has bardic inspiration.
Patience to act.

Bog monster
Jun 6, 2022 7:00 am
Patience climbs over a bedframe to face the ooze in close combat. He slices his blade through the gelatinous form, before punching it - his hand returning with a sticky, smelly coating of goo. It wasn't nice, but it was nicer than it getting the first hit.
Last edited June 6, 2022 7:04 am

Rolls

Attack! Short sword - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Unarmed Strike - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Shortsword, damage - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Unarmed Strike, damage - (1d4+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Bog monster

Adam

Jun 6, 2022 10:22 am
Patience lands some heavy and devastating blows on the ooze. His sword smokes and the small room fills with the acid stink of hydrogen and metal salts.

It's difficult to know if animated faeces feels pain, but it seems to be becoming somewhat less animated as it languidly lashes out at Vinnie.
OOC:
Damage to ooze: 19

Patience's weapon is now a -1 to damage rolls.
Vinnie has bardic inspiration.

Your actions.

Bog monster

Rolls

Ooze attacking P,V,F - (1d3)

(2) = 2

To hit Vinnie AC12 - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jun 7, 2022 3:47 am
Fynn takes another hack at the ooze.
OOC:
lmao, at least I didn't waste any good rolls!
Last edited June 7, 2022 3:48 am

Rolls

Improvised Club - To Hit - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Improvised Club - Damage - (1d4-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

Jun 7, 2022 4:54 am
OOC:
Lol. I know, right?
Flynn tickles the ooze.
Jun 8, 2022 11:19 am
OOC:
@Boop,@Cettish,@KoldikSteelskin have their turns.
Jun 8, 2022 12:04 pm
"I hate Sludge." Vincent says already done with this stuff, "I thought maybe the sewers weren't bad I was wrong though."

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Unarmed Strike - Attack - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Vincent Paperwood: Unarmed Strike - Improvised Damage - (1d4+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Corrosive blob

Adam

Jun 8, 2022 12:12 pm
With a mighty blow, Vinnie beats animating life force from the ooze.

There's now a corrosive blobby puddle in the doorway, but at least it's stopped moving.
OOC:
Out of initiative order. Anyone can act.

Corrosive blob
Jun 8, 2022 3:19 pm
OOC:
How big is the puddle? Based on the way it's shown in the map, I'm thinking it's not trivial to just walk around, so I'm adding a roll here, but if it's actually a small puddle feel free to ignore the roll.
Fynn carefully makes their way into the next room and takes a look around.

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Jun 8, 2022 3:27 pm
OOC:
It's a 5' puddle so it can be jumped with a run-up.
Like the last room, the next is also filthy with an added stink from an open cess-pit to the northeast. Muffled tortured screams can be heard coming from far away, emanating from the south door on the east wall.

Jun 8, 2022 7:30 pm
Jodelle steps forth, a nice wooden stick in her hand. She's holding it with one hand, letting it pat in her other hand. Walking calmly, ready to beat up some ooze...

... "Oh"

SPLAT!
She hits in the slimey remains anyway... She got a stick and she will use it! ... before joining Fynn in the next room.

"You hear those screams? Could it be our guy?"
OOC:
Do they sound human? Birdman? Other?

Rolls

Jodelle: Perception - for the sake of the question :) - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Jun 9, 2022 5:11 am
The voice sounds human, with a Waterdhavian accent. It whimpers and pleads that it doesn't know anything at all about a stone.
Jun 9, 2022 6:55 am
"C'mon, let's keep moving before it's too late" Patience moves forward (S4) and gives an encouraging look to Fynn.

Squid games

Adam

Jun 9, 2022 7:07 am
OOC:
Note on the map - the corridor passes under that sewer running east-west
Patience makes some progress. There's a hall at the end of a long corridor ahead. Threadbare curtains hang on the east wall of a hall, in the middle of which a muscular half-orc in dingy robes stands with his foot on the chest of a male human with wavy red-blond hair. Fire burns around the orc’s clenched fist and his victim cries and squirms helplessly beneath him. Patience recognises the victim as Volo's drinking buddy - Floon Blagmaar.

Seated on a raised platform to the south is a nightmarish figure wearing black robes. It has large white eyes and rubbery purple skin, with four tentacles encircling its inhuman mouth. It cradles and gently caresses what looks like a disembodied brain with feet.

Squid games
Jun 9, 2022 11:17 am
"That's him isn't it?" Vincent asks in a whisper.
Jun 9, 2022 12:16 pm
"I think so... getting bullied by an orc... but yuck... look... what is with the squid-face and the brain it is carrying?" Jodelle looks quite disgusted at the scene.

"No matter... we need to save Floon. They are hurting the poor guy."
Jun 9, 2022 2:14 pm
"Charge?" Vincent Whispers
Jun 10, 2022 12:53 am
"Let's get a bit closer first. I think I can sleep the orc and we can go after the squid, five-on-one."
Jun 10, 2022 5:48 am
"Volo will certainly be pleased if we help his friend, never mind the articles for now" Patience steps forward.

"Good plan, we don't know what kind of thing we're dealing with here, best to have the odds in our favour"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.