📰 A Friend in Need

load previous
Jun 10, 2022 5:57 am
Jodelle gives Fynn a small nod as if to say "let's do this!"
Jun 10, 2022 6:01 am
OOC:
It's a long open corridor the tentacle faced monster is looking down, so there's no chance of stealth (although I've let you have a sneaky peek down the corridor).

I'll give you the initiative.
Jun 10, 2022 12:41 pm
Fynn hums a few bars of an Elvish lullaby, trying to lull the orc to sleep, and starts to make their way down the corridor, prepared to do battle with one or both enemies.
OOC:
Cast Sleep on the half-orc, then move to U9

Sleep
Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
90ft./20ft.
Components:
V, S, M(a pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)
Duration:
1 minute

This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures).

Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.

Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.

Rolls

Sleep - (5d8)

(17262) = 18

Nap time

Adam

Jun 10, 2022 4:16 pm
With the half-orc standing on Floon's chest, it's quite difficult to target just the half-orc. Floon yawns and falls asleep. A moment later, his torturer yawns and lies down next to Floon for a snooze.
OOC:
Jodelle, Patience, and Vinnie have their turns.

Nap time
Jun 10, 2022 5:26 pm
Vinnie Runs Straight for the creature as soon as he sees it, "This is outright foolish and dastardly." he says as he runs forwards "chance of demise increases with proximity to... that thing."
OOC:
Action: Dash U12
Bonus: None
Movement: Action
Jun 10, 2022 6:12 pm
"Never tell me the odds." Jodelle smile and makes a run for it as well, swords in both her hands.
OOC:

Move + bonus action cunning dash + action dash to T18 (holding back a bit for safety's sake until Vinnie is there)

Nap time

Adam

Jun 10, 2022 7:06 pm
OOC:
Patience left to act.

Nap time
Jun 11, 2022 5:53 am
OOC:
Dash U15
Patience gives a confirming nod that the two are out for the count

ǟȶȶǟƈӄ ȶɦɛ ʄɨʀɮօʟɢ

Adam

Jun 11, 2022 6:35 am
Renaer rushes in to check on the sleeping Floon.

The tentacle-faced monster rises from its throne and calmly walks towards the double doors in the west, pausing only to place the four-legged brain on the floor. As it approaches Jodelle, she hears an alien voice echoing in her skull.

ǟȶȶǟƈӄ ȶɦɛ ʄɨʀɮօʟɢ

It's as if the words short-circuit Jodelle's mind and will, and she is overcome with a new imperative - Attack Patience.

Patience feels her nerve endings twang as though sharply plucked by that horrid brain-thing on the floor as it attempts to snap her mind.
OOC:
Jodelle - you feel the need to attack Patience. That's the extent of the command.

Anyone can act.

ǟȶȶǟƈӄ ȶɦɛ ʄɨʀɮօʟɢ

Rolls

Jodelle: Wis - Save DC15 - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Devour Intellect - Patience: Int - Save DC12 - (1d20+0)

(19) = 19

Jun 11, 2022 7:41 am
Sure the squidface is ugly. But that big firbolg... He could squish our squid's friend head in one go. No matter how ugly squidman was, and no matter that he kidnapped Floon, squidman did not deserve this.

So Jodelle stepped back and shouted at patience "Hey! You are ugly youself!" before swinging her short sword at him.
OOC:
Move to T16 and do the creatures command; attack Patience. As Patience is not engage with other enemies, no sneak attack. Not sure if the mental command stop right after this.

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Damage - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jun 11, 2022 7:45 am
OOC:

If the command does not stop after the first attack, normally, Jodelle would attack with bonus action off hand as there is no cunning action to take atm. I leave the call to @Adam

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jun 11, 2022 2:19 pm
"J! Listen to me! Whatever you think your doing Stop!"
OOC:
Movement: T17
Action: Lance
Bonus: none
Insperation
Last edited June 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Attack - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Damage - (1d12+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

(3) + 4 = 7

Cute, eh?

Adam

Jun 11, 2022 5:18 pm
OOC:
Updating the map.
6 points of damage on Patience from Jodelle. The command is obeyed, and no follow-up is needed.
Patience and Flynn to act.

Cute, eh?
Jun 11, 2022 7:43 pm
Fynn follows the rest in with their crossbow. "Jo! Snap out of it! Let's try hitting the bad guys like that!" they shout, while firing a bolt at the walking brain.
OOC:
Move T14
Shoot the brain at U17 with the crossbow
Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration on Jodelle (2nd use so Fynn has one left)

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Light Crossbow - Attack - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Fynnhorn: Light Crossbow - Damage - (1d8+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Brainy

Adam

Jun 12, 2022 7:45 am
OOC:

Updating the map.
6 points of damage on Patience from Jodelle.
Patience to act.
Jodelle and Vinnie have bardic inspiration.

Brainy
Jun 12, 2022 8:56 am
"Ow, hey now, I think you've got the wrong idea friend. Jodelle, I'm your writing companion - remember that piece we wrote together about the best night entertainment in Waterdeep?"

Patience looks at Jodelle with kind eyes, but dodges under her flailing arms to distance himself from her. He was patient, but he wasn't stupid
OOC:
Disengage, Move U18

Brain

Adam

Jun 12, 2022 9:02 am
OOC:
Updating the map.
6 points of damage on Patience from Jodelle.
Jodelle and Vinnie have bardic inspiration.
Your actions. The brain has AC12
Surrounded by journalists, the brain releases a psychic attack on the dumbest looking of heroes. Surely, the barbarian, right? Ha! No! Vinnie is smarter than he smells, with int 13.

Renaer rouses his drinking buddy and helps him crawl from the fray - leaving you with an angry brain on legs and a sleeping half-orc.

Brain

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Int - Save DC12 - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Jun 12, 2022 9:03 am
Jodelle's face turns as red as her hair when she realizes she just stabbed her friend.

She recalled clubbing with Patience for a few nights to write a good article.

"I... dunno what happened there... a voice was clouding my brain... it's gone now... I think... I am so terribly sorry, Patience. I don't think you're ugly. It must have been this squidman thing or his braindog. Let's go give some payback!"

And with that she flourishes both her short swords in an attempt to stab straight into the brain. Not Patience's... but the braindogbrain.
OOC:

Action: MH attack
Bonus action: OH attack
Will apply Sneak Attack on the first attack that hits as the I.D. is engaged by Vincent and Patience too
Last edited June 12, 2022 9:40 am

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Damage - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jodelle: Sneak Attack - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jun 12, 2022 2:56 pm
OOC:
Action: Attack
Bonus: none
Movement: S17

Rolls

(16) + 4 = 20

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Damage - (1d12+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Brain kebab

Adam

Jun 12, 2022 5:22 pm
Jodelle slices and Vinnie skewers. The four-legged brain wobbles on the end of the halfling's lance like a kebab from a country you never want to visit - they'd probably tell you it's a delicacy.

Floon groggily gets to his feet, groaning and yelping as he clutches his broken ribs. Fortunately, the Xanathar half-orc torturer sleeps through the commotion.

Renaer points back the way you came, with a questioning cock of his head. The noble came here to rescue his friend, and our heroes have delivered.
OOC:
Out of initiative - anybody can act.
Brain kebab
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.