📰 A Friend in Need

load previous
May 31, 2022 2:02 pm
Fynn grabs their crowbar and scrambles to pry/bash a sufficient weapon from the nearest mattress.

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Str (advantage) - Check - (2d20H1-1)

(96) - 1 = 8

Tick tock

Adam

May 31, 2022 2:12 pm
As Flynnhorn struggles with the crowbar, Renaer's frame falls apart in his hands. He tries to look all cool and badass, but it was probably luck that he picked a fragile one.

He passes improvised clubs to Flynnhorn and Vinnie.
OOC:
Patience to act.

Tick tock

Rolls

Renaer str check - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Jun 1, 2022 6:37 am
Patience bends his knees and enters a defensive stance ready for the arrival of the men.
OOC:
readying an action to attack should a fight break out this side of the door.

Xanathar thugs

Adam

Jun 1, 2022 6:46 am
The rotten door smashes into soggy splinters as the Xanathar henchmen flee the ooze. They run straight into your ambush. The human's blackened hand still smokes as he makes a fist and the duergar reaches for his warpick.
OOC:
They're not quite surprised, but I will give you adv on initiative.

Patience and Jodelle have ready actions. Jodelle's stealth wasn't good enough to be an unseen attacker.
OOC:
Everyone can act (Patience has his readied attack). Jodelle has a readied attack and a full turn.
Everyone else has their full turn.

Xanathar thugs

Rolls

Patience: Initiative: (advantage) - (2d20H1+3)

(12) + 3 = 5

Jodelle: Initiative: (advantage) - (2d20H1+3)

(1718) + 3 = 21

Vincent Paperwood: Initiative: (advantage) - (2d20H1+1)

(184) + 1 = 19

Fynnhorn: Initiative: (advantage) - (2d20H1+3)

(214) + 3 = 17

Initiative - henchmen - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Jun 1, 2022 11:24 am
Seeing that the ooze is still behind he swings with his axe at the closest thug, "It's exceptionally unfortunate you you that you've stumbled upon two misfortunes in one day perhaps it is advisable to return to the sludge you've dissipated from." Vincent is to busy talking to realy pay attention to where his axe is going.
Last edited June 1, 2022 11:24 am

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Handaxe - Attack - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Vincent Paperwood: Handaxe - Damage - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jun 1, 2022 5:17 pm
As the thugs run through the door, Jodelle instantly gives the first one a stab with her short sword.
OOC:

Ready action: attack with MH

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Damage - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jodelle: Sneak Attack (if hit, source: Vinnie in 5ft) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jun 1, 2022 5:26 pm
She withdraws her bloodied blade from the thugh and feels in a winning mood.

"Hey Xanathar scum! My friend is right. Eventhough we look better than the sludge, we are way worse. Nothing will stop us for a good story."

She rapidly follows up with her blades against the same thug.
OOC:

Action: Attack MH against N6
Bonus: Attack OH against N6 if he is still standing
Will apply sneak attack on the attack that first hits, with Vinnie in 5ft

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Damage - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Damage - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Jodelle: Sneak Attack (on first attack that hits) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jun 2, 2022 6:04 am
OOC:
Readied attack
As soon as the man moved forward, Patience reached for his blade and swung in one clean movement.

Rolls

Attack! Short sword - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Damage if hit - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Xanathar thugs

Adam

Jun 2, 2022 6:08 am
Jodelle spikes the human like he was a bad story. He's out.

The duergar is tougher, and the crowding in this room is making it difficult to get into the melee.

Patience and Vinnie prove that the pen is mightier than the sword... when the sword is wielded by characters who roll threes and fours.
OOC:
Flynnhorn and Renaer to act.

Xanathar thugs
Jun 2, 2022 8:55 pm
Fynn looks to the duergar with a soft sadness in their voice.

"Tough day at the office for you, eh? There's five of us, just one of you left, and the thing on the other side of the door is an even worse fate than dealing with us. Just seems like a bad situation, really. You probably weren't even getting paid that well, were thinking about deserting but couldn't figure out an escape plan. It's a really shame. So, uh, sorry about your situation my man."
OOC:
(This is a Vicious Mockery cast, if that wasn't clear. WIS save 13 to hit.)

Rolls

Vicious Mockery damage - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Krentz

Adam

Jun 3, 2022 5:54 am
The duergar does not mourn his fallen comrade but assumes a defensive stance ready to parry more incoming blows. He risks a quick glance backwards.

"Look fellas."

Then appends a "Ma'am" when he sees Jodelle.

"I don't want trouble. I know when I'm beat. Let me past, an' thee'll not see me again. I've always fancied workin' in the B'Gate anyhow, it has to smell better than City o' Splendours."

Renaer mutters something about the dashed cowardice of ruffians.

Again, the duergar throws a hurried glance back at the approaching gloop, and his voice rises in panic-pitch by an octave.

"What's thee say, eh? Sound like fair deal?"

The door frame smokes as a questing, oozing tendril makes its way towards you.

Krentz

Rolls

wis save DC13 - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

Jun 3, 2022 11:14 am
"I would guess that the likelihood of obtaining your freedom would be substantially increased were you to parry with the ooze." Vincent Responds, he personally doesn't want to deal with the ooze so maybe they can get this frightened Duergar to do it for them.

Krentz

Adam

Jun 3, 2022 11:34 am
The duergar looks at Vinnie incredulously.

"Thee ain't serious, mate?"

He points back the way you all came with his war pick.

"That way. Behind thee. Scarper."

Krentz
Jun 3, 2022 11:38 am
Vincent doesn't block the dwarves path, content to let the others decide his fate now that he's spoken his piece, however he'd hoped the dwarf would listen it could have made thing much simpler for them.
Jun 3, 2022 4:59 pm
"Hope we won't regret this, Vinnie. He might be back with half of Xanathar's guild.... but then we will all pile them up for the oozes to feed on!" she calls out the last part a bit louder, to make sure their duergar friend hears it, as she won't block his way out.
Last edited June 3, 2022 4:59 pm
Jun 4, 2022 2:05 pm
OOC:
I'm just waiting to see if the other pair have an opinion.
Jun 4, 2022 7:13 pm
Fynn shrugs and readies their club, eyeing Krentz. "Go on, move thine arse," they say, also leaving the dwarf a path to escape. "Or lose it."

Bog monster

Adam

Jun 5, 2022 7:37 am
OOC:
To keep this moving and because Patience is the pacifist of the group, I think it's fair to assume he'd let the duergar past.
As the grateful duergar legs it (hopefully not coming back with reinforcements), the corrosive pseudopods creep closer. Even as the toilet monster starts to dissolve Gav, it sends questing feelers out for more victims.
OOC:
You can change positions before the ooze arrives (if you want)- and I'll give you the initiative.

Your turns.

Bog monster
Jun 5, 2022 10:53 am
Realizing that everyone has sticks at the ready and she still has just her swords, Jodelle takes a step back, wriggling herself between Fynn and Renaer, to find a good piece of wood from the pile of broken beds, only to feel not very confident about her wooden-stick-smacking-skills.
OOC:
Move to O3 (cunning disenage if needed) and find something to smack with
Jun 5, 2022 2:46 pm
Vincent Strikes at the sludge with the stick, best to get it over with as fast a possible.
OOC:
No movement here
Attacking Ooze
No bonus action

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Unarmed Strike - Attack - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Vincent Paperwood: Unarmed Strike - Damage - (1d1+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Improvised club damage - (1d4)

(1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.