πŸ“° A Friend in Need

load previous

Floating orb with eyestalks

Adam

May 24, 2022 5:15 am
In this narrow tunnel, throwing a javelin was always going to take finesse and skill.

Vinnie's javelin jams itself into something large and brown on the ceiling - like a large cocktail stick in Toril's least appetising hors d'oeuvre.
OOC:
@Boop - Patience left to act.

Floating orb with eyestalks
May 25, 2022 7:11 am
Patience groans in pain, gets to his feet and runs forward.
"There's no reason for this behaviour!"

As he runs down the corridor, he... disappears momentarily!
OOC:

Move+Action: Dash South
Bonus: Hidden Step (Racial Feature) - invisible until my next turn

Tiny orb with eyestalks

Adam

May 25, 2022 7:22 am
The floating eye giggles as it projects some telekinetic force ray that lifts Jodelle up and throws her down the tunnel.

Even as Jodelle flies over Vinnie's head, he gets the uncanny feeling that he's next in the creature's sights (and the plural is appropriate). Vinnie dodges, but it's not a force-push, but a blast of freezing cold that shoots from an eyestalk.

As Vinnie and Patience get closer, they get a good look at this thing. It's about the size of a large watermelon and looks about as tough as one.

Ha! The freezing ray misses our favourite mad halfling as the heroes close in.
OOC:
Everyone has their turns.

Tiny orb with eyestalks

Rolls

Eye stalks - (2d4)

Jodelle: Str - Save - (1d20-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Vincent Paperwood: Dex (advantage - danger sense) - Save DC12 - (2d20H1+1)

(1614) + 1 = 17

May 25, 2022 11:08 am
"You Think a Little cold will weary me? HA! that's what I call a joke your just an ugly head with to many eyes!" Vincent yells taking a few more strides forwards and poking at the creature with his lance, "Boring you can barely put up a fight."
OOC:
Action: Lance Reckless
Bonus: Rage
Movement: K40
[ +- ] Rage 0/2
[ +- ] Reckless Attack

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Attack - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Damage - (1d12+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Lance Attack Adv. - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Lance Critical - (1d12)

(12) = 12

Deflated orb

Adam

May 25, 2022 11:23 am
OOC:
Cough, splutter
Caring nothing for his own safety, Vinnie charges ahead and pokes the orb. It releases a long farting sound like a balloon deflating before flopping around dead at the end of Vinnie's lance.

Ahead is a long, long tunnel.
OOC:
You're no longer in initiative order. Anyone can act.
Deflated orb
May 25, 2022 3:33 pm
Fynn reluctantly walks over to the orb to get a closer look. "Fine work, Vincent. Looks like you're the hero of the story this time, perhaps I should be asking you for an interview." Looking closely at the orb (or as closely as one could stand to look at it), they make some notes for their next story - mental notes, of course, as Fynn is not the sort of reporter who would think to bring a pen, nor paper, nor ink to write with.

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Investigation - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

May 25, 2022 3:43 pm
"What! Killed It It was Hardly Alive To Begin With All I had to do was nudge it and it was dead!" Vincent Shouts then he takes a second to catch his breath and then looks at the group, "it is most prudent that we make certain precautions concerning our volume." as he says this it's almost as if he's getting mad at someone else for yelling he goes to collect his medium length handled dagger but seeing how stuck far it is into the... side wall decides not to.

Tomorrow's Paper

Adam

May 25, 2022 4:21 pm
The fleshy deflated orb is pretty stinky, but that's no surprise given its home. Peering inside the wound, Flynnhorn sees it has a teeny-tiny brain.

As far as Flynnhorn's autopsy can determine - this monster seemed to be constructed from eyes and teeth, and the cause of death was Vinnie.

Renaer picks himself up from the crappy puddle and attempts to smooth himself down, but ends up smearing more than smoothing.

Ahead, a ladder leads up to a stone shaft capped by a circular metal cover, but one of the familiar Xanathar chalk symbols is marked on a tunnel wall farther along. The tunnel ahead seems to be made of smooth stone and carries more water than filth.

Will our intrepid reporters take the ladder and leave these horrid tunnels, or continue to follow the story behind the Xanathar symbols?

What will tomorrow's paper look like?

https://i.imgur.com/BGe8Spq.png

https://i.imgur.com/ffZ0JPc.png
OOC:
Is this the right marching order?

Tomorrow's Paper
May 25, 2022 4:40 pm
OOC:
Assuming I'm in the back I'm pretty sure that's right.
May 25, 2022 5:36 pm
OOC:
Order is fine with me.
May 25, 2022 7:47 pm
Jodelle scrambles up to her feet at Vinnie splats the eyeball.

From... suddenly behind their lines... she pumps up her fist and yells.
"Yeah! You show them Vinnie!"

Knowing the sewers can be a dangerous place now, Jodelle holds both her shortswords in her hands. At the ladded, she points one of her shortsword to point into the tunnel, to the yellow marking.

"Forward to find Floon!"
OOC:
Order looks good. Lovely by the way that Wazoo is such a junk newspaper that it can't even spell it's own name correctly
May 25, 2022 7:51 pm
OOC:
Can I get a stealth check from everyone for a group stealth check?
It's only DC9 and half need to pass for success.
May 25, 2022 7:53 pm
OOC:
stealth

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Stealth - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

May 25, 2022 8:46 pm
OOC:
Hope this goes better than the sewer grate.

Rolls

Jodelle: Stealth - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

May 25, 2022 10:16 pm
OOC:
My turn to blow our cover?

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Stealth (DC9) - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

May 26, 2022 6:16 am
OOC:
Wow. Nice rolls.

You'll have made the group check, but I'm curious to see how this finishes.

Jodelle: 25
Fynnhorn:19
Renaer: 16
Patience: 13
Vincent: 10

Rolls

Renaer stealth - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

May 26, 2022 10:20 am
OOC:
sneaky sneak

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Snoozing goblins

Adam

May 26, 2022 10:27 am
OOC:
Not bad.
Creeping along, silent as sulking stones, our heroes follow the sewer tunnel. It expands into a circular hub with a pair of arrow slits carved into its outer walls, directly across from each other.

From behind the arrow slits comes the sound of high-pitched snoring. A quick peek shows a pair of pale goblins snoozing with crossbows on their laps. These goblins have the same attention to their lookout duties as Volo has towards proofreading.

The sewer continues far under Waterdeep to the north and south. A stone door is set into the back wall of a stone ledge to the west.

Snoozing goblins
May 26, 2022 11:11 am
"lead the way" Vincent whispers to nobody in particular.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.